another rogue...

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Tzan, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Tzan

Tzan Fledgling Freddie

ok I am about to ding 60 and I was wondering what spec should I go.

I know most people go with this spec 30-8-13 (which I prop gonna go with)
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...500310503203000000000000000050050003000000000

and I was also thinking of this for more poisons dmg (altered the above one a bit) http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...530310503203000000000000000050050003000000000

but I was thinking also of this 15-20-16 (????) http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/inf...500000003250050000050000000053050003000000000

but I was thinking that it is kinda hard to build up the points when fighting to another player so that you land the finishing moves.

I would like to see some different specs and some advice and opinions would be helpfull. :cheers:

2. Afran

Afran Part of the furniture

My spec (random order), built mainly for PvP (If mainly PvE I'd go combat-spec);

Improved Sinister Strike 2/2,
    Master of Deception 5/5,
    Opportunity 5/5,
    Improved Ambush 2/3,
    Vigor 1/1
    Improved Eviscerate 3/3,
    Remorless 3/5,
    Malice 5/5,
    Ruthlessness 3/3,
    Murder 2/2,
    Relentless Strikes 1/1,
    Lethality 5/5,
    Cold Blood 1/1,
    Improved Gouge 3/3,
    Improved Backstab 3/3,
    Improved Kidney Shot 2/3,
    Seal Fate 5/5.

(31/8/12)

3. Bone's

Bone's Fledgling Freddie

Camo ?

i would more inclined to go 3/5 camo to improve speed under stealth to get to targets quicker and to escape that little bit quicker and lose 3/3 Improved Backstab as i use more Ambush-SS-gouge- rear style- Evis (not sure if it makes any diffence from behind) not really use BS from 5 combo due to the sheer fact that once i have built up a 5 combo and run around do BS i dont have the energy to pull it off or should i try for that anyway, as i would imagine the BS finish would be extremly strong ? but my rogue atm is only lvl 51 so im still learning...... any thoughts ?

4. Tzan

Tzan Fledgling Freddie

5. Balthus

Balthus Fledgling Freddie

also depends on how you want to play the game.I like being a hit and run player from the shadows so i have specced in all the + crit talents so my backstabs and ambushes have max chance to crit.
    With coldblooded my 55 rogue can do 1300 ambush then have a 85-90% chance to crit the backstab straight after for anything upto 900 dmg on alvl60 caster.
    Any casters my lvl last no longer than a ambush + BS,if they do then a gouge is thrown in (or blind for mages so no blinking) and another BS.
    doing around 2200dmg in 3 seconds is great fun,not sure if ill stick with this spec when 60 but im loving it so far.
    I also tend to use my fire helm when going for casters and blast them with it after the ambush+bs if they didnt die,that adds about another 3-400 dmg.

6. Spooks

Spooks Fledgling Freddie

i wouldn't recommend going with a SF build without imp backstab as SS just doesnt crit often enough to make full use of SF.

i'm also 31-8-12 and i cant tell you how useful vigor is for stunlocks so thats another option for you

7. jeor

jeor Fledgling Freddie

What's the best rouge race(horde) to use anyone? New to the game and am still unsure, but I've been told not to go Undead as well, everyones an undead rogue. :eek2:

8. exponentiaL

exponentiaL Fledgling Freddie

Undead gives you another anti-fear etc trinket but in my pov it doesnt come anywhere near the 25% stun resist rate from orcs.. matter of taste ( looks ) really

9. Urme the Legend

Urme the Legend Fledgling Freddie

10. Garax

Garax Fledgling Freddie

Dont gimp urself with camo. Just get minor speed enchants on your boots. I can assure you the speed difference between them will be negligable. Imp Backstab _is_ needed if you use daggers, and for burst damage in PvP it's the only option really.