another question about cata :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nimronn, Mar 22, 2005.

1. nimronn

nimronn Loyal Freddie

Ok

here goes

I am an avid daoc player as im sure many others are...

I have a right to be able to play a game that i want badly which is catacombs on the release date.

So ive pre orded a copy from play.com

if i do not recieve the game before friday from play.com i wanted to have a back up plan..

So my back up plan is this...

Im currently downloading the full cata client from the US servers. its 2 gig but its worth it and itll be done way before friday lol :p

My plan was to buy a copy from a company (which i havent looked into) in EU somewhere on thurday and ask them to give me the CD key before they send it so that i can use the cata client im downloading atm and just use the EU cd key to activate it.

Ofc ill need to edit a file to be switch it to EU client.

My question is this :

if i cant find an EU company on Thursday to use, Can i buy a copy from the US and use that CD key for when its released in the UK to play on the EU servers?

would greatly appreciate a speedie answer! :)

thanks

2. Zenythe

Zenythe [GOA] English Servers GM

As the licensing is held by two different companies (in this case Mythic and Goa) you can not use a US CD key to activate an account on the European servers.

3. nimronn

nimronn Loyal Freddie

ok thank u

in that case ill try get an EU company if play.com dont get it too me by thursday thanks for fast reply :)

I blame DAOC for all this crap tbh - why they have to make cata looks soo good ffs lol :)

Im going thru hell just incase i cant get it before shitty easter holidays.

4. Javai

Javai Fledgling Freddie

Nice back up plan - if it works post some details for the rest of us :)

5. - English -

- English - Resident Freddy

whens it actually released? so many dates

6. nimronn

nimronn Loyal Freddie

its nearly downloaded now :0

so back up plan so far working nicely - if anyone wants details on how to do what ive done/doing - feel free to ask

7. Commandment

Commandment Fledgling Freddie

Taught you quit :0

8. nimronn

nimronn Loyal Freddie

did - but the bloody game has had me hooked for 3 years - cant get out - arghhhhhhhhh! :p