Another Opipion Divider.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Id say argues are part of relationships. Ive been living with my GF for 2 years now. We don't argue often at all, but sometimes they do happen simply cause we don't have the exact view on everything.

edit: And lol Calaen, you are my idol :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can't help feel this has just went like most threads:

Toht: State discussion subject.
Someone with a qualified view: Gives View.
Toht: Disagrees with view. Presents utopian view and claims it is how it works in real world.
Someone with a qualified view: Questions evidence for this view. Gives some examples where said view does not hold.
Toht: Claims examples are not valid. Reiterates utopian view. States view in a manner which suggest all other views are of less value.
Thread Readers: Wonder why Toht posts a discussion topic when continually shows no real interest in listening to other views, other than to discredit them.

*sigh* :(

Show me where, i dare you. Just one quote where i did anything you claimed, besides point 1.

I can discuss my view of things and i don't have to agree with Calaen simply 'cause he's married.

If i think fighting isn't needed in a relationship, it's MY OPINION now isn't it?!

Only thing that happened here is that Calaen thinks he knows better because he's married, ASSUMING i'm not in a relationship and ASSUMING i haven't been in a long term one.

Can't help put to think this went like other threads; don't agree with toht = i'm doing something again.

Bullcrap. Same cop-out in every thread.

As the above poster has so clearly put, you don't want to discuss anything, people in this thread, that are in long term meaningful relationships are telling you that arguing comes as part of the package and it can be a very healthy thing. Yet you are telling us otherwise.

Don't pretend you create any posts for a real discussion.

Make more lies up, makes you feel good *pats head*

I'm telling you otherwise because it's my opinion. That doesn't mean i say; "You're wrong", or did i? Hmm? Did i?

Where did the evil tohtori say "YOU can't argue in a relationship".

Funny how you don't see what you're doing every time, hell, you told ME how i think and know myself for f*cks sake.

If you assholes try to pin something on me, better come up with some evidence of it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
so, arguing isnt, but discussing is?

and how do you know arguing isnt a part of a working relationship?

you seem to presume too much for your theory to work.

You seem to assume it's a theory, oh gee, just like Calaen. I've been in long term relationships, i've even lived with a woman. No fighting.

We discussed things, sure, but there was no arguing 'cause it's a waste of time.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have nothing to contribute to the thread topic, just though I'd mention that this thread has had me LOLing for a long while :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have always liked the never go to bed in an argument, settle it or agree to let it go before bed. Staying in a bad mood is not good.

I also like the idea of what the people in how i met your mother do where they can just call a break and go back to normal for a day or hour then start again.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

So why even make a post about it, you disagree with anyone elses views and no one else holds your own. The majority of people that actually had a valid input into this thread, are telling you that they have arguments with their partners, whether it's a wife or not.

We know your view, but it means shite all to us folk who are living out our own lives.

p.s is that negative rep button your new report post macro?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So why even make a post about it, you disagree with anyone elses views and no one else holds your own. The majority of people that actually had a valid input into this thread, are telling you that they have arguments with their partners, whether it's a wife or not.

We know your view, but it means shite all to us folk who are living out our own lives.

Then if you don't like other peoples views and only want to agree on everything with people who share your view, don't dicuss it.

IT's not "anyone elses", again, you're not the voice of the majority.

You saying that my opinion means shite, is no different from what you claim i do.

Calaen

Then if you don't like other peoples views and only want to agree on everything with people who share your view, don't dicuss it.

IT's not "anyone elses", again, you're not the voice of the majority.

You saying that my opinion means shite, is no different from what you claim i do.

The the voices of the majority are the vioces of the majorit, all of which have told you in this thread that arguments go hand in hand with a relationship, or can you not read those posts?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Grind eachothers groins instead of eachothers tempers..

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
You seem to assume it's a theory, oh gee, just like Calaen. I've been in long term relationships, i've even lived with a woman. No fighting.

We discussed things, sure, but there was no arguing 'cause it's a waste of time.

I don't personally think it's an expected part. You shouldn't have to argue if you're living with the person you're most connected to.

that to me seems like a theory. its your opinion on this subject but its also your theory on relationships.

but... Why is discussing expected, but not arguing?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Discussing is not real world. Living in the real world, you have arguments. Often about the silliest, stupidest, most immature things that either or both of you (usually the bloke) could have backed away from if he wasn't acting like a 6 year old.

soze

I am a FH squatter

So you are basing your theory and judging over people by what you class as a discussion and what you class as an argument? I bet a lot of people would class your 'discussions' as 'arguments' like this thread is no longer a discussion its an argument.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The the voices of the majority are the vioces of the majorit, all of which have told you in this thread that arguments go hand in hand with a relationship, or can you not read those posts?

I can, but i'm not the one judging your view or telling that you don't know anything about relationships because you don't agree with me.

Think about it.

that to me seems like a theory. its your opinion on this subject but its also your theory on relationships.

but... Why is discussing expected, but not arguing?

Arguments are pointless as they resolve nothing, discussing is expected as you can't agree on everything.

So you are basing your theory and judging over people by what you class as a discussion and what you class as an argument? I bet a lot of people would class your 'discussions' as 'arguments' like this thread is no longer a discussion its an argument.

I've only given my opinion, never judged others. Show me where i judged people for arguing.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I've only given my opinion, never judged others. Show me where i judged people for arguing.

If i say its normal for a couple to argue and you say its not then you are judging because you see my argument as a discussion.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I will try again,

Thot is saying he has never had an argument but has had discussions. So saying its not healthy to have an relationship where you do argue. The pint i was trying to make is i think a lot of people would say something he judges as an discussion would be classed as an argument. So what i was trying to say is its all in how you judge things as arguments / discussions.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Arguments are pointless as they resolve nothing, discussing is expected as you can't agree on everything.

Arguments are good, a great way to get rid of stress!! Also its shows passion and that the relationship has still got some life in it and not some sort of debating team.

If you are in a good relationship with a partner that has feelings for you and and at the same time has some sort of level of understanding in them then there should be no issues.

After having been through a divorce and a hoste of relationships, where we have lived together for a number of years, i can honestly say that it is not arguments in themselves that causes problems but rather when one or both parties break, what we in Iran call "the Curtain of Respect"

That is the freakin killer.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I will try again,

Thot is saying he has never had an argument but has had discussions. So saying its not healthy to have an relationship where you do argue. The pint i was trying to make is i think a lot of people would say something he judges as an discussion would be classed as an argument. So what i was trying to say is its all in how you judge things as arguments / discussions.

Again, never said i've never had an argument.

By arguments i mean arguments, we all know what those are.

I never judged people on having arguments, i said i don't think it's something that should be expected. My opinion.

But somehow, my opinion is a declaration of war on people, while others simply have an opinion.

Interesting if you take time to look at this thread from that point of view; who has judged who and who has given an opinion?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Your perfect world view is the problem toht, to be honest, your perfect vision of a relationship just sounds sterile and well, boring. I honestly believe if you found this perfect person who didn't ever argue with you, or visa versa, that you would suddenly realise that the relationship was a failure or one of you would flip out and possibly kill the other :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Your perfect world view is the problem toht, to be honest, your perfect vision of a relationship just sounds sterile and well, boring. I honestly believe if you found this perfect person who didn't ever argue with you, or visa versa, that you would suddenly realise that the relationship was a failure or one of you would flip out and possibly kill the other :p

Nobody is talking about a perfect world view.

I don't even know where these guys get this "utopia" crap from.

Merely talking about a relationship where you don't have stupid fights where the other person leaves the room, shouting etc.

To soze; I agree that there might be a terminology issue here. I don't count discussing the tv channel or movie to watch as an argument, argument includes, for me, some form of aggression.

Calaen

Ah right the kind of relationship that does not exist, why didn't you just say that's what we were talking about....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ah right the kind of relationship that does not exist, why didn't you just say that's what we were talking about....

Just because you haven't been in one or your friends haven't been in one, doesn't involve the whole worlds population.

Also you're the one who thinks it's some "magical" relationship, ONLY because there's no arguing.

But then again you think it's impossible to not want to get married :D

So maybe, MAYBE, it's not me who's living in a dream world. Look outside your own world for once.

Calaen

Just because you haven't been in one or your friends haven't been in one, doesn't involve the whole worlds population.

Also you're the one who thinks it's some "magical" relationship, ONLY because there's no arguing.

But then again you think it's impossible to not want to get married :D

So maybe, MAYBE, it's not me who's living in a dream world. Look outside your own world for once.

Yet I bet you can't honestly tell us that all of your relationships that you have had, have ended with the two of you not having had one argument.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yet I bet you can't honestly tell us that all of your relationships that you have had, have ended with the two of you not having had one argument.

Err...no?

Never said i haven't had a relationship where there was arguments.

But i have had a great relationship or two where there wasn't one argument.

You sure are confrontive with just a healthy dose of "ignoring everything other says". But can't see it yourself ofcourse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom