Another music thread. Hah!

M

mank!

Originally posted by old.LandShark
No idea. =)
Give me some titles...

What Belsameth posted :) Check out the album Blackwater Park, it's very good melodic death metal.

M

mank!

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Not desperately easy to find but.... ooh! ooOooOOoh @ Face of Melinda and Drapery Falls. Also To Bid You Farewell seems nice but the one i d/l'd seems to cut off halfway through.
First impression is that it's like Cradle of Filth, mellowed a bit, and with their lead singer shot and replaced by someone who's not a 30-year-old career loser who can't sing.

Check out Harvest. It rocks \o/ Mikael Akerfeldt can really sing when he isn't growling, it's a pity that he growls at all really. It'd be near-perfect if he didn't. Their latest album is entirely acoustic and he sings on every track and doesn't growl once. It's great :>

O

old.LandShark

I like the contrast between the acoustic and the electric guitar, also the voice would be great if I could bear more than about a minute of cradle-of-filth-style (or whoever-did-it-first style, whatever ;P) I-liek-teh-satan screaming. Still, the overall effect is good enough that I can listen to it and enjoy it, but I don't think I'm about to become the world's biggest Opeth fan :p
(especially as I just re-found my Tool - Undertow CD. Yay!)

B

Brinx

You spend far, far, too much time trying to label stuff :)

K

katt!

Originally posted by mirieth
Thursday is not emo. I appreciate that as far as new bands go they may be fairly influenced by the style but they are just another alternative punk rock band in my opinion.

The term emo or emocore as the style was originally called is short for 'emotional hardcore'. Hardcore ethics are as such 'diy or die'. I fail to see how a major label band such as Thursday can therefore be called an emotional hardcore band.

If you like Thursday check out some 'real' emo, bands like:

indian summer, i hate myself, mohinder, page99, anasarca, honeywell, guyver-one, julia, moss icon, the hated, shotmaker, sleepytime trio, don martin 3, plunger, phillippé, amanda woodward, candyland carcrash, yaphet kotto, balboa, standstill, orchid, joshua fit for battle.

The list goes on, but that's a good representative of the different styles of emo. These bands were mostly around in the early 80s to the mid to late 90s. Most emo bands were together for no more than a few years and released records on small labels, played shows for next to nothing or free and never really made much money except perhaps enough to live off, and that was the successfull bands.

The use of the term 'emo' nowadays is mostly a bastardised version used to label any pop-punk or alt. punk rock bands who sing about girls and whine a lot. This is not what emo is/was about.

:)

ive listened to thursday since 'waiting', and i still cant find any better name than "emocore" to label the music.

M

mirieth

Well, it's not emotional hardcore, so it's not emo :).

Try out some of those bands I listed, compare them to Thursday, and tell me if you think they sound the same.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Brinx
You spend far, far, too much time trying to label stuff :)

Ah, but I don't.... I just find it curious/amusing when other people do. And when someone tells me they like post-industrial hard emo gothcore!!!1! it just confuses the fuck out of me. I just thought the thread might be informating or at the least informative :p

E

Ekydus

Liar. :)

You're just after some good songs to add to your KaZaA folder. ;)

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by mank!
What Belsameth posted :) Check out the album Blackwater Park, it's very good melodic death metal.

heathen :p
their first 3 albums are clearly the best they ever produced, after that the music got more polished while the raw emotion got ripped out :|

M

mank!

That's why they became more melodic. I prefer melodic.

B

Belsameth

that's very true, esp. Orchid is almost black metal

doesn't make you less opf a heathen tho :p

E

Ekydus

Why do you all seem to like death metal and screaming-crap-fest-hardcore-no-tune-rock?
It worries me people all seem to like this type of crap and are actually having debates about it. :/

D

Derric

Originally posted by Ekydus
Why do you all seem to like death metal and screaming-crap-fest-hardcore-no-tune-rock?
It worries me people all seem to like this type of crap and are actually having debates about it. :/

Let people listen to what they want.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Derric
Let people listen to what they want.
No! People should listen to what I say.

This week - The Bangles greatest hits.

G

Gamah

OK

Nu Metal (Pop) Lost Prophets - Shinobe Vs Draggon Ninja
Trance - Oceanlab - Clear Blue Water (Ferry Corsten mix)
Trance - Deleruim Feat. JaEL - After All
Trance - Rank 1 - Breathing (Airwave) (Breaks dub) ,-- omg
House - Ultra Beat - Pretty Green Eyes
Hard Dance - Des Mitchel - Welcome to the Dance
Ska Punk - Acrobats (Sp?)- Pizza day
Sk8 Punk - Forgot the band Goldfinger I think - Fuck Authority (Can anyone correct me on this please)
Ska Punk/Punk Rock - Less Than Jake - Gainesville Rock City
Rave (Old Skool) Prodigy - Firestarter

Im a big trance/House Fan also Dj Tiesto - Urban Train

Gamah Out

D

Derric

Originally posted by Omniscieous
No! People should listen to what I say.

This week - The Bangles greatest hits.

You're scaring me here. :uhoh:

D

Derric

Good this thread didn't turn out to be an Eternal Flame.

M

mirieth

I feel compelled to reply, I can't resist... it's as if I'm stuck in the middle of a Chain Reaction.

D

Derric

I'm just gonna Walk Like An Egyptian out of here now. :x

J

Jonaldo

It's a rare 10" vinyl picture disc only 1337 people have.

C

Cush

Originally posted by Omniscieous
It's a rare 10" vinyl picture disc only 1337 people have.

Do i have to start typing with numbers to be allowed to buy one?

E

enkor

get some finntroll. imo. very typical nordic humppa-death-metal :rolleyes:

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Derric
I'm just gonna Walk Like An Egyptian out of here now. :x

And the fun of the thread died like a Candle In The Wind :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom