PC Master Race Another MMO bites the dust

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
yup, I have no sympathy for Wildstar though, they tried to give people a Vanilla WoW feeling and ultimately failed, they never recovered from it. Took them too long ot get them game out too, they started work on it in 2005.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I tried it but lost interest midway to max level. Some nice mechanics in the boss fights but the world quests stuff was boring as shit.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I tried it but lost interest midway to max level. Some nice mechanics in the boss fights but the world quests stuff was boring as shit.

It all so suffered because it's main selling point was "If you loved classic WoW you'll love Wild Star"

The problem with that logic is, people that loved classic WoW, wanted classic WoW, not some disney looking spin off with stupid attunement requirements and to be quite blunt shit healing controls. The only character I played in Wild Star was a healer, I forget which now but all of the healing effects were ground target base so if people didn't stand the fuck still or were moving around a lot you'd miss them with the heals, it was utter cack.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The biggest gripe i had were the action bars and general combat.

I mean first they insisted on a more or less classic action bar of too fucking many buttons, then they made ALL skills CAE or GT/GTAE, then locked the mouse to the camera and added a really crappy dodge system on top of it all.

The combat system more than anything was what killed this game. It was THE most complained about during CBT.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I never really tried it but if I remember rightly it had lots of graphics underfoot which I thought was distracting.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I never really tried it but if I remember rightly it had lots of graphics underfoot which I thought was distracting.

Yeah you had those weird grid nets showing you the skills effective area. Really annoying.

/edit: Also my previous post were wrong. They did NOT lock the camera to the mouse movement. You had to press the right mouse button for that.

That's what pissed me off the most about that game. All they had to do were to make that a permanent lock (or even a toggle) and all would have been well. But they did not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom