Another Merc Template.. ^^

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Hehe.. as im gonna roll a Fotm Merc, I have tried to make a template for it aswell.. please tell me what you think..

Str:100 Int:0 Hits:340 Con: 98 Pie: 0 Power: 0

Dex: 15 Cha: 0 Qui: 68 Emp:0

Resists

Body:25 Energy:26 Crush: 30 Cold:22 Matter: 20 (5)

Thrust: 30 (2) Heat: 21 Spirit: 26 Slash: 23 (3)

Skills

2 Crush
2 Thrust
11 Dual Wield
11 Slash
3 Parry

Cap Increases

5 Dex
144 Hits
25 Str
23 Con

Other Bonuses

8 Melee Damage Bonus
9 Fatigue
20 AF Bonus
12 Melee Speed Bonus
9 Style Damage Bonus

Second thing, I dont know wether to go crush or slash, please if you could tell me good and bad things about both styles..

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Get qui cap instead of con/hits, leave those after you got 26 str cap and around 10-26 qui cap.If i started a merc now i would go half ogre 10 str 15 quickness at start as slash.

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm cant I just ge that quickness from RA's?`

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Well with the new catacombs items you can get the cap extremely easily, a uv48 jewel has 6 qui cap and a ring that's uv48 with 6 qui cap, that's 12 more and some ra points saved.Merc needs a lot to be effective, the less you have to use on aug stat ra's the better.You could go highlander 10 str 15 qui, then you would be fine with the 12 qui cap.(245 buffed would be very good still)

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm ohh well I find a way to figure it out.. ^^ one one thing.. does mercs auto train, and if yes.. in what?

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
slash is the best.
you'll be able to use Dual shadow/amethyst, dual shadow/diamond which is just awesome.
1 more thing to the template, drop quickness in favor of Parry skill.. better defense, better damage too :)
but very nice temp, i must say ;>

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
better defense, better damage too :)

As if, let wardens laugh at your stupidity too. xD

Whatever you do, do not drop quick.The 50 mainhand extra damage whilst swinging 1.5-2s slower doesn't cut it.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Slow as hell too, my armsman had base qui and only hitted 50-100 more damage compared to cap qui with near 400 str.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof's Signature said:
Roope Renegade

Xtreme Đamage Đealer
LOL! Yeah, extreamly low maybe xD

Sycho does like 1000 times better dmg than you ^^

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
30 qui and 2 hand.. seriously, I would kill you before my brittle guards and bt goes down :p

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
30 qui and 2 hand.. seriously, I would kill you before my brittle guards and bt goes down :p

no caster killed me so far in an 1on1..
..including warlocks.

...as a higher rr player you should know, underrating an unknown enemy can be a mega heavy mistake..

..well, perhaps no.. perhaps your rr comes from something other than skill.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
LOL! Yeah, extreamly low maybe xD

Sycho does like 1000 times better dmg than you ^^

Well, I hit as big as him, just 1.5-2* slower. Wouldnt say thats too bad if I can heal, regenerate end, use self damage add, revive, insta interrupt(up to 1350 range), own 8 types of elemental resists, have 2 types of stunning styles(both snaring at the first hit)..

but yea he hits better a bit.

but. who the hell cares, i play for fun, I enjoy this game, and I love my char.

Have a nice day, NOOB.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Look, have you even tried with cap quickness or haste using 2h? i can tell you, i have tried base quickness on merc for ages and ages and ages at certain periods of time, last being right after toa.It doesn't cut it, 2s more swing speed>>>>>50-100 more mainhand damage, your offhand is never styling either hence capped quickness is very good for merc.

Base quickness or low quickness should only be used KNOWING you will kill the target after another tank has hit it, there's no need to insult others just because they are telling the truth.I can far out damage you right now, due to having tank weaponskill, pain 5 and 250 quickness.You cap quickness on a 2h pala you will probably do around 15-20% or so less damage only than a merc with same stats, with base you looking at about 30-40% less damage overtime than the merc who has capped quickness.

Over 800 damage is common for me on casters/druids/wardens using banespike since i have pain 5, this is at 1.7s with theurg haste, if that isn't good then tell me what is.But i really suggest you try 250 quickness and theurg haste....

I do not want to argue about it, never wanted to in the first place but you really are hindering the true potential of your character's overall performance.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
no caster killed me so far in an 1on1..
..including warlocks.

...as a higher rr player you should know, underrating an unknown enemy can be a mega heavy mistake..

..well, perhaps no.. perhaps your rr comes from something other than skill.
You've never met any good caster 1v1 then, I don't think I've ever lost to a 2h pala and doubt I ever will.

Kinda funny how no caster ever killed you 1v1. You must have like 4k hp then or more to survive when a high rr caster is nuking you while you're inc. I don't believe you for a second rly. Or maybe you've only met 1? xD

Righthandof said:
Well, I hit as big as him, just 1.5-2* slower. Wouldnt say thats too bad if I can heal, regenerate end, use self damage add, revive, insta interrupt(up to 1350 range), own 8 types of elemental resists, have 2 types of stunning styles(both snaring at the first hit)..
It's all about speed nowdays. You don't have time fluffing around healing, regen and resist. If you can't kill a caster in a few seconds you're history if you can't keep them interupted with spells ofc which you can't. That's the truth and if you can't see that I'm not sure you should go around calling ppl noobs.

But this wasn't the issue at all. You shouldn't go around telling ppl to drop qui when it's a damn good thing to have. But hey, if you wanna gimp my enemies maybe I shouldn't complain xD

Martok

Part of the furniture
Zebolt said:
You shouldn't go around telling ppl to drop qui when it's a damn good thing to have. But hey, if you wanna gimp my enemies maybe I shouldn't complain xD

Hehe you tell him!!!

Aye as sycho has said quick is very important for a merc if your gonna drop ANYTHING drop dex as that effects your parry rate i only have 223 quick but i dont have aug quick like sycho and hot for about 5-600 dmg main hadn on casters with thurg haste ext and 400 str! does quick help that much sycho?? i never relised....

maybe i should try get +25 quick in my next template :sex:

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
You've never met any good caster 1v1 then, I don't think I've ever lost to a 2h pala and doubt I ever will.

Note, I'm the highest RR 2her pala on the server, and we havent met so far.

Zebolt said:
Kinda funny how no caster ever killed you 1v1. You must have like 4k hp then or more to survive when a high rr caster is nuking you while you're inc.

Tbh, I have 2400 hp buffed + ip2 which gives 50%, thats 3600 hp. Also note I can interrupt you while sprinting towards, so if you want to keep casting, you need to moc.. and even moc3 decreases the damage.

getting the idea?

To Sycho. Well, that sounds logical, thanks for clearing it up.
Still I keep my quickness, because the whole point of my character is to hit big. Not to be fotm, not to be the best.. but thats a reason only for me.. most people want to overoptimize their chars, so on average, you're right, get quickness.

but I hit dam big and point. ><

Corran

Part of the furniture
If you taunt me while you sprint and inturupt i would turn and run for 2 seconds, then /face and nuke you. Of course depending on class i would also cc you before you connect with your hits. Most high rr also high ml so that means you got upto 5 hits not landing 4 brittles and 1 bt. hitting the brittles dont inturupt. So i would say 10seconds of free nuking there and therefore about 6-10 nukes. 400+dmg a nuke and that is upto 4k damage while your in melee range and not counting you just getting there :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
Oh zebolt.. Sorry i killed you yesterday but i thought it was funny how it happened. Did your group not figure where i was or something?

It was the fight at the middies fave bridge. Your group was fighting a group of albs and some other mids had got involved. I sent my horse on a rampage (just let it do what it wanted actually, it was out of sight all the time.. heh) and everytime a member got low on health they ran from the alb group to get out of range straight to me. Was solo, unbuffed and out in the open yet none you attacked me. Damn them 2fgs hibs that added. I ran when the first added (mezzed some that were on you actually :p ) then ran the other way into the pink gimps that ran me down (insta mezz, stun nuke nuke) and added onto you :(

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:

Tbh, I have 2400 hp buffed + ip2 which gives 50%, thats 3600 hp. Also note I can interrupt you while sprinting towards, so if you want to keep casting, you need to moc.. and even moc3 decreases the damage.

getting the idea?

To Sycho. Well, that sounds logical, thanks for clearing it up.
Still I keep my quickness, because the whole point of my character is to hit big. Not to be fotm, not to be the best.. but thats a reason only for me.. most people want to overoptimize their chars, so on average, you're right, get quickness.

but I hit dam big and point. ><

aiiite homie, keep representing for dem random albsies, word up!

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
Your point being? I'm the 2nd highest RM atm on the server and it doesn't stop me from dieing to ppl I should have won over once in a while ^^

Righthandof said:

getting the idea?
Ok try to see if from my point of view then. You come running towards me, I nuke you twice if I'm lucky three times on the way in, thats like 2000 dmg. Then I can root you while you kill my brittle guards and run away for another round of 5 nukes which is more than your 3600 hp. And if you by any chance get close to me after that run you will be on such a low hp that I can finnish you off with qc nuke most likely.

getting the idea? :p

I'm not trying to say I wtf pwn you and everyone else, but to say you never lost to a caster I don't believe for a second and I think I would take you down in a 1v1, but ofc many things can implement and change the outcome.

Corran said:
Oh zebolt.. Sorry i killed you yesterday but i thought it was funny how it happened. Did your group not figure where i was or something?

It was the fight at the middies fave bridge. Your group was fighting a group of albs and some other mids had got involved. I sent my horse on a rampage (just let it do what it wanted actually, it was out of sight all the time.. heh) and everytime a member got low on health they ran from the alb group to get out of range straight to me. Was solo, unbuffed and out in the open yet none you attacked me. Damn them 2fgs hibs that added. I ran when the first added (mezzed some that were on you actually :p ) then ran the other way into the pink gimps that ran me down (insta mezz, stun nuke nuke) and added onto you :(
It's probably not cuz' we didn't see you (might have tho) but that we try to handle the grp we're fighting rather than to go for adders first :> (depends on the situation ofc)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
2h pally> you zebby lol :m00: hehehe but anyways back to the topic in hand, Iron listen to sycho an get up your qui a bit tbh :D

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Zebolt said:
Your point being? I'm the 2nd highest RM atm on the server and it doesn't stop me from dieing to ppl I should have won over once in a while ^^

Ok try to see if from my point of view then. You come running towards me, I nuke you twice if I'm lucky three times on the way in, thats like 2000 dmg. Then I can root you while you kill my brittle guards and run away for another round of 5 nukes which is more than your 3600 hp. And if you by any chance get close to me after that run you will be on such a low hp that I can finnish you off with qc nuke most likely.

getting the idea? :p

I'm not trying to say I wtf pwn you and everyone else, but to say you never lost to a caster I don't believe for a second and I think I would take you down in a 1v1, but ofc many things can implement and change the outcome.

It's probably not cuz' we didn't see you (might have tho) but that we try to handle the grp we're fighting rather than to go for adders first :> (depends on the situation ofc)

Maybe he has ring of unyielding will for unbreakable snare :x (fat chance)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom