Another Iceland volcano erupts

bainteor

Banned
A bit off-topic, I know, but I suggest everyone visit Iceland if they ever get the chance. It is the most beautiful country - apparently where Tolkein got his inspiration from. Breathtaking.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Indeed. I second that. Going there for the second time end of the year. Still, not too sure about it being THE most beautiful country...I like my forests hehe :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The supervolcano underneath Yellowstone Park is overdue. Thats one volcano you don't want to be around for when it blows (and it will....one day...)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
hope it does in my life time as long as im not close wo uld love to see it happen

russell

FH is my second home
The supervolcano underneath Yellowstone Park is overdue. Thats one volcano you don't want to be around for when it blows (and it will....one day...)

Is that the one you see go with a bang in the film 2012? Woody Harrelson in his winnebago?

bainteor

Banned

Perhaps it will happen on December 21st 2012? :D

ileks

Part of the furniture
A bit off-topic, I know, but I suggest everyone visit Iceland if they ever get the chance. It is the most beautiful country - apparently where Tolkein got his inspiration from. Breathtaking.

When i was in college they did a trip there. Couldn't go but wanted I wanted to.. Everyone said it was brilliant. I've been to Austria in the summer and that would take some beating tbh.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm supposed to be flying to Little Pakistan tomorrow as well.

rynnor

Rockhound

Yeah right - he never visited the place for one thing - he used to nick place names from the atlas but the inspiration for the places came from his young childhood in South Africa and his life in England plus his wartime experiences on the Somme and in WW2.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Bet you had to Google Eyjafjallajökull Lamp so you could copy pasta it :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's not that hard if you cut it up, eyja-fjalla-jökull.

Though i can see english folk having trouble with it :p

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
heard about this when chatting to a mate online last night and said... oh its not Katla is it? coz fucker is huge..

oh just Grimsvotn... dont worry.. goes off all the bloody time that one

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

you sort of dont have a choice will yellowstone tho :p it'll cover the entire USA in ash for awhile and it'll go beyond the USA, some say it'll cover the world others say it wont get that far.. hard to say really since no one has been around for 600k years to see how the last one went :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I reckon yellowstone will be a dissapointment, I reckon it won't even defeat Chuck Norris.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I reckon yellowstone will be a dissapointment, I reckon it won't even defeat Chuck Norris.

I'm sure the USA will agree :p I think I remember hearing that yellowstone erupting would block out the sun for a year or so because there would be that much ash.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
"An area the size of North America can be devastated, and pronounced deterioration of global climate would be expected for a few years following the eruption," Self said. "They could result in the devastation of world agriculture, severe disruption of food supplies, and mass starvation. These effects could be sufficiently severe to threaten the fabric of civilization.

Super Volcano Will Challenge Civilization, Geologists Warn | LiveScience

...but like you say, Bloodomen, we won't know until it happens...if humanity's still around then...

old.user4556

Well, just back from the airport, my flight to West Little Pakistan (Heathrow) was cancelled. Logan Air have cancelled everything out of Edinburgh, BA are operating no flights out of Edinburgh until "at least tomorrow" although they didn't say why (presuming ash).

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
God dammit. Hope it wont prevent my GF from flying to visit me from stanstead thursday :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
hope it does in my life time as long as im not close wo uld love to see it happen

Yep. Surviving the resultant worldwide nuclear winter by eating your own children would be a hoot. :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
would be to me :) dont got kids anyway so no worries there i just eat your kids :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yep. Surviving the resultant worldwide nuclear winter by eating your own children would be a hoot. :)

Actually to be f*cking honoest, i'd love(yes love) a post nuclear world to happen in my lifetime. Just to experience it. Like i give a f*ck about what happens after i'm perhaps dead.

I'm with Mori on this, eating kids would be another experience and it's your kids :p

old.user4556

It rained a lot today, but the rain dried off and it's left a greyish powder all over my (black) car.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Super Volcano Will Challenge Civilization, Geologists Warn | LiveScience

...but like you say, Bloodomen, we won't know until it happens...if humanity's still around then...

indeed, none of us have ever seen an eruption the size of yellowstone before so all science aside its hard to say what exactly would happen :) would we be living the real life Fallout? or would it only effect the USA? (i'm saying only but if the USA went tits up it'd have a knock on effect globally)

I'm sure when they deem yellowstone a true threat they'll spend billions upon billions relieving the pressure build up (now from what I gather its mainly uni professors and free lance scientists looking into it)

infact scratch the above when yellowstone becomes a true threat the entire WORLD will have to work together to relieve the pressure, because if its true what they say then we'd basically all be fucked if the USA failed to tame it as it were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom