Another example of why Ebuyer annoy me.

Kryten

Old Cow.
A couple of weeks ago, I ordered an external eSATA drive enclosure. Just a cheapy Sumvision one (I posted a video of the Ebuyer Meat Feast about it!).

DSC00085.jpg

It's not a bad little unit, but went to fit a drive. Bog standard 3.5" sata drive. Noticed how the internal SATA cable seemed rather long for purpose, but fitted anyway. Hooked everything up, it powered up - but no drive recognised.
The cable was so long, that closing up the enclosure puts pressure on it and pulls it out the back of the drive!

DSC00086.jpg

You'll notice in that pic I've temporarily fitted a small plastic bung to stop that happening.

And this is where the pressure occurs:

DSC00088.jpg

So, I contact Ebuyer to raise my concern. I merely said that as a good customer & favour I'd point out this poor design issue and would like to know if they've a shorter cable - they've got a video on the specs page of the item so they could see exactly what I mean.

This morning, I get something in the post. It's my replacement cable, in a messily written plastic bag.
New, "shorter" cable on the right..

DSC00089.jpg

Intelligent folks at Ebuyer, aren't they!

Waiting to see what they say about it now, I took the above photos for their benefit but thought I'd share them with you lot as a laugh at their expense :D

Fweddy

FH is my second home
You should apply for a job there and sort them out Kryt!

rynnor

Rockhound
Heh - its too late to be an April fool - they must be serious :p

Kryten

Old Cow.
Just had a reply to my fairly blunt enote pointing out that all their staff are in fact fully legal and most of them have passed their entrant's english exams.

Hmmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom