Another complaint! :)

O

old.Dreadnought

rite..... basically i want to know why u have addon servers, like specialties and assimilation, when u dont have the XP anyway?

none of us who bought the XP can play on the 21 new maps for ctf and HM etc.....

so i want BW and NGUK and any others to get the XP so that us lot can play the XP maps and stuff and have more fun, by not playing the same maps over and over!!!!

i want evry1 who reads this, and agrees with it, to post and back me up please :D

so BW will u do anything about it, or let us gamers just play the same maps over and over until we shrivel up and die? :(

at least it will put some spark into the game, and probably make most people buy the XP/add on if some dont have it, and then EF will get more gamers on BW compared to any others....

all i have to say :upyours:

Dreadnought

O

old.RENSHAI007

Too right m8 this has been going on too long we buy the expansion packs and r unable to play em!, bw is meant to be a site for the gamers not just freaks who love to play the same levels day in and day out, listen to the people for we make your site worth doing...lol

O

old.Gunther

yup

we NEED those new maps to be available or we've wasted our money on XP i bought it purely for the enhanced multiplayer.

O

old.osmium

a good point well made, but you could argue why both BW and NGUK also only provide 1 custom maps server. There are some good custom maps out there [and i don't just mean my own ;] which would be great if we could play on good, fast, stable servers..

S

Starman

Well some good news :clap:, will be hopely be putting up some 'Test' XP pack servers, and will be adding the new maps to the FFA/CTF servers soon, give us time we will get there.

Thanks,
Starman

O

old.[X]iBiTX

I agree, those new maps are way cool. I havent played for 2 months and I was sick to death of the same maps over and over, now I have been back a week and I'm sick of them again. The only servers to have the new maps are our [X] clan servers in USA but anyone from europe including me gets a real bad ping to them, so sort it out people.
Starman I seem to remember you telling me that the WTF maps were going to be taken off the custom server, 2 months later they were still on it and I havent ever bothered checking 4 months later to see if there still on it, are you lot going to scratch your heads and pick your noses for months before the new maps are put up??? I mean you people must know some of your servers are empty all the time!!! Why do you think that is???Whats the point in leaving crap maps on rotation??? Whats the point in CTF_space???, apart from been a good point to leave. Do you people even speak to anyone that plays EF???

S

Starman

Well the reason the maps took so long to be removed was because at the time we were not sure if Barrysworld was going to continual, at for about 2 months we had almost no one doing the servers, and cfg changes were imposable. Well [X]iBiTX i dont see you coming up to me saying, "oh i would like ctf_somemap added to the custom server” We cant be expected to test every single map that is released and then adding it to the servers, most likely I speak with say they don’t want crap custom maps on the normal pub servers. Oh and the point of ctf_space this map was added to the custom server because when we had plans to start a BWEF league this was going to be one of the custom maps we were going to use. At the moment we only have one person reasonable for all the servers Barrysworld runs so these things take time. I will be speaking with this person over the weekend and I will do my best to get the new maps in place and running by the end of next week.

Thanks,
Starman

O

old.[X]iBiTX

Ok I understand, and the reason you dont see me asking you to add maps etc is because when you didnt remove the WTF maps I didnt think there was much point.

S

Starman

well once the people were back in place these maps were removed.

Starman

O

old.osmium

starman,

well, forget the earlier post i made concerning my maps. starman, if you have control over what maps are put on i would love for ctf_circ2 to be added to either the main bunch of servers, or the custom maps server.

i know you must get this kind of request a lot, but i've had some real good feedback from hardcore ef players about this map and am just looking for good server coverage now... :))

cheers,

S

Starman

Well i will give the map a run around, and let you know.

Starman

O

old.osmium

new maps

starman,

thanks.. nice to know some server/web admins are listening out there. Hope ya have fun on the map :)

O

old.Dreadnought

too rite

well, concerning Hardcore EF players, well i guess u cud say im one of them,

and boy that map rocks!!!!!!

every1 who reads this, get the map ctf_circ2 !!!

ITS A MUST! :D

Dreadnought

O

old.osmium

well. i've had relman from nguk knocking on my door promising not to stall like BW and check the map, and get it put on to servers...

so what happens... 3 days later and still no news...

did you manage to check the map out starman or are you admins all alike? :)

S

Starman

i have checked the map, and given the ok. I am now waiting for the server ppl to pull their finger out..

Starman

O

old.osmium

starman,

cheers.. and thanks for the prompt reply.. any chance you could drop me some details of the server(s) it's on when it's there, myself and a few others are waiting to do battle.

cheers

S

Starman

well for now, i will get the map placed on the custom map server, and maybe if enought ppl request it, i will have it placed on the other ctf servers.

Barrysworld - CTF (8) - Custom Maps: 213.221.174.230:26028

O

old.osmium

:clap:

maybe this is a bit of a thicko question.. but the custom map server is running ctf_castle[awol].. voting isn't allowed on the server so how do i change the maps, or does someone with the rcon password need to do it?

S

Starman

i am glad you asked that. Well once i have a chat with the server ppl, i am plannung to make some cfg changes. ie get voteing enabled on the custom.

Starman

O

old.osmium

yay!!!

that's the biggest problem with BW servers imho.. will be great to get it enabled so we can skip ctf_space ;-)

so.. anyway, will my map come round eventually if i play custom maps server, or do i have to wate until voting is allowed?

S

Starman

no, voteing will only be enabled on the custom and dual servers. Once voteing is enabled on the custom you will be able to vote for your map etc..

Starman

O

old.osmium

thanks for all your help..

just a pain as can't get anyone who has that current map to join the server in an attempt to move it on to something more popular... i'll wait till them votes come along tho..

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom