Annoying Tactics

M

Moving Target

This has been covered before but there seems to be an increase of REALLY annoying tactics.

Such as moving a person round a shitload when you put them in a grip so they cant push :/

D

Disco PhoolCat

Use the Force..Absorb! [/GhostlyBenVoice]

Got rather 0wned tonite by blokey who had a Pull+Jump/Kick combo going, got rather boring after a while until I managed to work it out & play him at his own game, but then the old Force Suck came out to play...:rolleyes:

G

Garf13ld

There is an incredible amount of jump kicking and reverse stabbing going on since the new patch. The reverse stab is hard to guard against.

D

Disco PhoolCat

Originally posted by Garf13ld
There is an incredible amount of jump kicking

Which is weird, because it seems harder to do now.
:confused::confused::confused:

G

Garf13ld

I didn't notice it being any harder to do. It was harder before because even the touch of a blade could kill. Now an accidental touch is less likely to kill you.

C

Crusader_

kicks are slightly harder, what with needing a doubletap and all, just adds half a second to the time needed for the other person to be in front of you :/

there is alot of pull/reverse sweep pull/reverse stab about, very annoying. On the other hand DFA monkeys get seen off rapidly, which is good.

M

Moving Target

There was one person who did a pull, then rolled towards you and did one of those backward swings in Red lightsaber which would immediately kill you (with 100hp and over 100 armour)

O

old.Solid Scorpion

kickflips are well lame now, as they cause damage everytime u hit with one. It also seems the collision is a bit bad too, with ppl being able to hit with it from quite a way. The backstab 'oh I think I'll back into him swinging my saber hoping to do the stab' tactic is pretty much unblockable if they make contact, even if there is the saber clash sounds.

M

Moving Target

I've only managed to backstab once, and that was by accident. :(

M

MYstIC G

Backstab is fucking evil, but its my favourite tactic after the spinning top style sabering :)

S

Summo

True. Backstab is my favourite if only because it's the only thing that does decent damage in medium stance. Heavy stance annoys me cos it's just too damn slow.

G

Garf13ld

The thing that bothers me about backstab is that it is too effective. It seems to be near impossible to guard against because even if you stand facing the stabber with sabre at the ready their blade easily penetrates your defences.

M

Moving Target

You can't block it. Says in the manual

When an enemy is directly behind you, you can execute this attack.It is a difficult move to time, but it is fairly fast and devastating stab that can't be blocked

F

FragFodder

I think the trade off with backstab is that he has to turn his back to do it. That leaves him vulnerable.

Yes granted it is a pain in the arse when someone pulls/pushes you down and backstabs you. But when this happens its upto us/you to work out a counter to that move, there has to be one, remember he has his back to you and is doing a move, his guard is down so try pushing him away (not tried it yet, just a thought).

Anyway i think they are perfectly good tactics and we cant expect peeps to change their tactics just because they dont suit us. I like the Pull and when he falls at my feet, a nice hard saber swing whilst he gets up. But there are counters to that too, especialy since the release of the new patch, it seems much easier to block attacks.

FF

M

Moving Target

Shit ones at that. They belong in freaking Star Trek.

D

Disco PhoolCat

Like feck they do! EF weapons piss all over jk2's!

I wonder if Force Push would work on a Photon Torpedo?

D

[DAD]Monty73

If the weapons are so crap why do so many people complain when I use them??!??!?

No weapons....wah wah :puke:.......sabers only I am a real Jedi Knight you know wah wah lol :p

:D

P.s. DF & DF2 Jedi Knight had blasters long before EF came out!

F

FragFodder

Its not the peeps using guns that piss off the guys who want to use the sabers.

1v1 a Saber bloke using pull to steal the guys weapon can easily disarm him and gain a gun/ammo in the process and reduce the other guy to a saber fight. But it gets irrataing when you're playing in an FFA and some guy starts using guns on the newbies in the server, or start firing rockets wildly into a pack of sabers killing everyone, thats when they start getting high points.

I've been robbed of wins many times because of this.

My point is, 1v1 I can take on anyone (may not win, but thats not the point). But when its a guy firing those Trip things and Rockets into a pack of sabers and you're too busy to deal with him, thats when weapons users start pissing you off. These are cheap kills and they're the kills that userly end up winning the game.

I guess what I'm trying to say here (without picking fights) is:

If you wanna use guns go and play EF Q3 CS HL or any of the other million games out there that have guns in them. As a point in question.. next time you're in GSA, filter for "Saber" in the server name, you'll find far fewer empty spaces for players in saber only servers than you do in full fat FFA.

FF

*NOTE* CTF and CTY are totally different, weapons are needed in those, and I've no problems what so ever with weapons users in these gametypes.

Z

Zey

Tactics against Guns

For all the people who love the good old saber and forces..

You want to know how to deal with guns while you got sabers and forces?

general rules:

1: NEVER and i mean NEVER Swing your saber when you don't have too. . Using a saber is all about timing. If your getting shot by a blaster or a bow caster the last thing you want to do is swing your saber about, it leaves you defenceless.
Also it's quite satisfying killing someone by reflecting their gun fire :)

2: EVERY weapon can be blocked... but not neccessarily by the saber. Assigning full force points to Force Push is a MUST..
It can push every weapons fire away. The only problem is "timing" If the player firing is using a weapon that can't be blocked with a saber (i.e. rocket launcher, Heavy Imperial and flecht) If you want to push these types of shots away, you'd better keep your distance just to give you that extra split second to push them. If your close you'll have to have pretty damn good reflexes :)

3: Another force power i use and have full force points allocated too is Force Pull. For defence against weapons this is what i'd do.
If your close, force pull them, it will pull their weapons away to you. Next just pull out what ever weapon the player had and kill them with it. Pisses em right off ;)

Summary: Nveer swing your saber when you don't need to. If their far away, push the gun shots, if their close pull their weapons.

Jedi Master servers are bloody good practice as you have sabers, force powers, and 10 players with all types of guns chancing you trying to nick your saber.

Get cracking and cut up some gunners :p

D

[DAD]Monty73

Originally posted by FragFodder

*NOTE* CTF and CTY are totally different, weapons are needed in those, and I've no problems what so ever with weapons users in these gametypes.

None of its really an issue for me as I only play CTF and CTY, DM not so much!

O

old.seekeruk

If people dont like playing with guns then join a sabre only server, there are quite a lot out there. If you do play with guns then use em... it works ;). Also the force comes in handy against gunners. Infact with the back stab, back swing etc etc tactics having good force skill is vital otherwise you will just get killed strait off. It seems tha these moves now will take off all armour and health if performed correctly but they can be avoided. People are going to have to be more tacticle and think before they fight. The days of people running round with their finger on the button are almost over in my opinion. If all of that fails however why dont u try a bigger sabre.... like the patch has tried to do ;)

F

FragFodder

Seek I agree with you there are ways, its not peeps like us that give the weapons users the easy frags (except when they get group kills).

I think someone should put together some kind of crash course on "Defending yourself with the Saber" a bit like Zey's tried to do, but go far more indepth, you know... Make it ideot proof. :p

FF

*Note, I'm not being l33t (or whatever the CS guys call it). Just saying that weapons users get their high kill points by picking on the easy targets.

F

FragFodder

Seek I agree with you there are ways, its not peeps like us that give the weapons users the easy frags (except when they get group kills).

I think someone should put together some kind of crash course on "Defending yourself with the Saber" a bit like Zey's tried to do, but go far more indepth, you know... Make it ideot proof. :p

FF

*Note, I'm not being l33t (or whatever the CS guys call it). Just saying that weapons users get their high kill points by picking on the easy targets.

F

FragFodder

because IMHO I think the Saber used properly with Force Powers is the most powerful Weapon

FF

Z

Zey

To be honest, i dont like what they've done to the sabers in the new patch :(

Before i could run around using sabers and forces only, but it's so difficult to kill now. Even when you push/kick some one over, it will take 3 hits of them not defending (using gold stance) and still they dont die all the time.

I've had to start using guns a lot more, because they've just made the saber "WEAK"

You see all these movies where one good swipe will kill, it goes throw almost everything.... so why does it take 3-4 swings on yellow stance, 5-6 on blue, and 1 clean hit or 2-3 on red stance...

They should make the sabers a lot more realistic.

They've said they've made the sabers the same as SP.... but in SP one clean swipe with gold stance will kill (with the exception of Desann etc)

I dont want to moan but Jedi Knight is about sabers and forces, with a little of guns. It is suppose to be the weapon for the skilled, so why is is so hard to kill with the damn thing :(

*grumble... m...f........sigh*

F

FragFodder

lol because u gotta be more skilled to use it :p j/k m8

You're right.. its alot more difficult to kill with the saber now. Its not as effective and I think thats a shame... Roll on v1.04 ;)

FF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom