annoying problem

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
got a problem that explorer.exe crashes everytime i try to enter the controlpanel....comp works fine and i can play games and so on, its just so damn annoying that i cant get in to the CP and do the things you need to do there.

hope there is someone more skilled in comps then me out there( almost everyone is :p ), if you have any idea what it can be please reply.

thanks.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
er sounds like messed up system files or registry

try reinstalling windows?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
yup.
don't think youll get round this any other way than installing windows, sounds like a corrupt registry entry.

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
agree with the guys on this one.
i have found a nice program from a company at this webby:

http://www.dachshundsoftware.com/index.html

i run anticrash, hare and zoom and it makes thing run nicely. the programs also sort out your registry and the drivers (so they run on a need only basis so you have more system resources).

there are plenty of places to find copies of the full version on the net as the trial only runs for 20 trys.

(btw don't bother with battery doubler (unless you have a laptop) and juggle mouse)

also a lil tip don't have anticrash enabled when running DAoC it keeps trying to fix it and fails :D

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
ok guys thanks for the help, i was afraid i would have to reinstall windows...dont want to but i guess i must :/

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
Dont need to format, just re-install windows. Once installed it will sort all the corrupt files out i think

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Blondy said:
Dont need to format, just re-install windows. Once installed it will sort all the corrupt files out i think

True, no need to format your computer dude so chill :clap:

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
yup worked great :clap: :clap:

thanks again guys :)

CjkaceBM

Fledgling Freddie
It's good practise to re-format when you have to re-install windows, if only to make sure that any rogue programs/virus/trojan/spyware has been 100% removed. When you re-install windows over the top of an old windows installation it will quite often leave dross behind from an older install.

I routinely reformat/re-install every 6 to 8 weeks, if only to remove demo apps/games, but I was given a full copy of Drive Image 7.0 by a Powerquest sales rep., and this has speeded the restore time up no end. It takes 6 minutes to go from old windows XP install to clean, formatted new Windows XP install. It is by far the best program that I have ever installed on my PC and saves me an enormous amount of hassle.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
plomien said:
agree with the guys on this one.
i have found a nice program from a company at this webby:

http://www.dachshundsoftware.com/index.html

i run anticrash, hare and zoom and it makes thing run nicely. the programs also sort out your registry and the drivers (so they run on a need only basis so you have more system resources).

there are plenty of places to find copies of the full version on the net as the trial only runs for 20 trys.

(btw don't bother with battery doubler (unless you have a laptop) and juggle mouse)

also a lil tip don't have anticrash enabled when running DAoC it keeps trying to fix it and fails :D

this is the most usefull link of the month for me !!! cheers mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom