annoying mouse issues

- English -

Resident Freddy
For somereason my mouse is going weird,

Double clicking when i single click (ie i single click on a folder or application and it opens)
Losing the text after i highlight (most annoying problem ever, i can try do it for 10 seconds or so until i give up)

Ive looked at my razer drivers, and the windows7 mouse driver properties, but cant find anywhere which can help me sort the problem out.

Any ideas?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I had a similar problem with a Logitech mouse not long ago, if it's out of warranty then try this.

Both problems could be down to the double clicking; you click and drag to select text and then it throws in a separate click after you release the mouse button which deselects what you just selected. It's infuriating. :)

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I've had two mice go the same way, one was a Logitech the other some cheap no brand I was using instead. The Logi went with the left mouse button, the other one was the back button. I spent ages looking into drivers etc. before realising it was a hardwear problem.

I tried opening it up and having a look at the microswitch, but was much too cack handed. Ended up dumping both and buying a new one.

As said if it's under warranty, or if it's a Logitech and not too old, then go that route, otherwise it's new mouse time.

RB

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I see caLLous is using the method I mentioned a couple of months ago. :)
That Overclockers link is great is you're out of warranty.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I was going to credit you but I figured your post was in the thread I linked to. :p

I still haven't got around to actually doing it though, it started behaving itself as soon as the new one turned up and has been fine since.

- English -

Resident Freddy
bleh i cba to take it apart, its quite an old mouse now, had it a number of years so theirs no warranty. Its a razer deathadder, i love the mouse and would deffo buy another.

This problem is driving me crazy though :S

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh yeah, it will. My default was to have tabs closing in Firefox with a double click on the tab name so I didn't have to have that close button wasting so much space. That didn't last very long while my mouse was misbehaving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom