Annoying mouse flicker problem

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ok so I've just put a new pc together and this annoying bug/glitch/whatever has popped up in daoc and its annoying me to death! basicly what happens is this, whenever I hold mouse look down or try to pan a camera my mouse pointer doesn't disappear like it normally does.. instead it just starts to flicker like mad (bit like a strobe light) and I can't for the bloody love of god figure out why :p anyone had a similar problem and fixed it? or know how to fix it?

comp specs are

6000+ dual core
2gig ddr2 pc6400 ram
2x ATI HD 2600XT crossfired

Septina

Part of the furniture
Yep, it's to do with dual core optimizing, i assume you have dual core processor else imma look like an ass now.
Anyway, when i installed the Dual Core Optimizer that came along with the release of Bioshock it all vanished. :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, I got rid of the mouse flickering problem but as I got rid of the mouse flickering problem a new one popped up :/ now when I dual log now and again gfx will go all fucky and literally everything on screen apart from terrain (ground/floor) will disappear and it will seem as tho it locks up while this happens :/ and all my chat boxes end up at the top of the screen blurry as hell.

Any ideas? i've installed the patches amiga suggested and i've also reinstalled drivers/directx i've even resorted to back dating my gfx drivers :( its not the card I know that much because I used it on my old system and none of these problems even existed for me then.

and yea it is a dual core septina full system specs are below:

6000+ dual core
2048 ddr2 pc6400 ram
hd ati 2600xt
sata II 500gig hd

and a few other random bits and bobs that wouldn't have an effect on these problems

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
In display options there is troubleshoot tab where u can use using the slider to set the the hardware acceleration. U can see from text below what that setting actually does - one is to disable hardware cursor. you should try that as a fix for your cursor problems as well.

I don't these days play game in two windows so I cannot help in that, I use two computers when I box.

I'd suggest you to try different client than the labby client I have had many crashing issues with that client, and I've used cata client as it seems more stable (atleast in my desktop computer). If you are not much venturing in labby then why use labby client at all if DR/cata client is more stable? (might run even faster fyi).

Try those suggestions.

You can these days easily download whatever client from GOA's site - in various languages. I use german versions of client, to circumvent the house rent pay issues.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ok just got a screenshot of he problem :/ as you can see my daoc is royally fucked.... sorry about the huge picture I use pretty high resolution lol.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
You're in Camelot I'm guessing? That zone is terribly fucked up (Has been for a while) alot of people have issues with it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You're in Camelot I'm guessing? That zone is terribly fucked up (Has been for a while) alot of people have issues with it.

Happens in loads of diff zones mate :/ its extremely annoying as I can no longer dual log due to it.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Try use only 1 graphics card maybe? And make sure you have the latest gfx driver. Or to be more clear, make sure you have the latest stable driver since using the newest one isnt always the best one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom