Annoying lag

lostone

Fledgling Freddie
I get this annoying lag when I got 1 or more daoc clients running on my PC ( doesnt matter how many I`m running).

The lag affects my sound aswell, so I cant listen to music successfully when I`m playing, and that annoys the crap out of me :mad:

Its only when I got a daoc client up, and its when I scroll in a explorer window with my mousewheel ( not click and drag ). Any ideas what it is ?
Came with SI

Specs are :

AMD Athlon XP 2100+
1024 DDR ram
Geforce3 Ti200 128 DDR
7200 RPM HD ( Daoc is on the same HD as windows , maybe thats the problem? )

Recorded the lag - http://home.no/lostone/annoyinglagsoundthingy.wav ( Its Metallica - Enter Sandman btw. )

Chilly

Balls of steel
sound sliek yer processor isnt as fast as it should be, maybe its clock speed it set way low? its gay and supplier sent u wrong chip, (its a laptop and itsnot plugged in?)

lostone

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
sound sliek yer processor isnt as fast as it should be, maybe its clock speed it set way low? its gay and supplier sent u wrong chip, (its a laptop and itsnot plugged in?)

Amd athlon xp 2100 + 1.7ghz

says so in system properties ;P

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
i get same problem, and my pc aint much diff other then i have better gcard, but i hadnt really taken any notice till u said that, and fk knows what it is :/

Orenthal

Can't get enough of FH
I also have this problem with near enough same spec PC.. would be nice if someone could solve this

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
try precaching skins that way DAoC will have the memory it needs so that when you play music it doesn't get boiked as they are cross hashing the memory

Stinko

Fledgling Freddie
Had this problem too.... Dunno how i solved it but I did. I think it had something to do with the gfx drivers..... no, it was the soundblaster live drivers. I think i solved it by using older drivers than the recent. It also worked with Win XP default drivers. Now I run 2 Daoc clients at the same time, listen to winamp and runs MS Sidewinder voice com flawlessly

Sys spec : Athlon 1,4, 1Gb ram, SB Live 1024, Radeon 9800 (back then GF2 MX).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom