Animist questions..

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
No idea how this class works or how the specs differ, but 4 of us are thinking of making a 4 man Animist xp group (with mr & buffbot out of grp)from 20-50, ready for ToA. Then respec each at 50 for use as a PL bot.

What would be the best way to spec each of the animists? and why
How would we pull mobs? (Chain 1 at a time/Spam loads of pets and pull loads)
Where would be best to pull?
Would there be a certain way of placing different pets that could make a difference?

Thanks for any feedback.

:fluffle:

Cigies

Fledgling Freddie
Make sure you have a bard for lul/amnesia if you go the shroom field method.

Might be worth going 2x Creep 1x Verd 1x Arb, Creepers shroom/root/debuff, Verder Bubbles / buffs, Arbo plants tanglers and nukes.

Brealanna

Fledgling Freddie
Don't forget the Verdant PBAoE, although weaker than other PBAoE's it is still effective vs orange mobs (well it seems to be at level 23 anyway).
I was with 2 other verdant spec Animists with Warden red buffs and Ment's mr, we wiped the culurcian in about 15 mins with the 3 main pets constant pulling and then pbing like crazy, we did 2 levels in about 1/2 hour, was fun and fast.

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Is spamming them nuking turrets a bad idea?

Was thinking that with 4 Animists we can get well over 20 pets between us, which is more than enough to take down lots of red mobs.

Was hoping we could pull whole camps of mobs, rather than chaining.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Best way to play an Animist is to spend 15 minutes surrounding yourself with turrets at HTK Odin's and then stand still as I shoot you in the head.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Loxleyhood said:
If this post made you laugh or nod your head, then you owe me a reputation point you fucking communist.
ok u won ;d

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
any idea for best race for Animist? Sylvan seems a bit obvious...but is there a better one?

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Xanthian, animists can be very uber in pve if played right.

I have a mid level creeping one and I usually xp on either baf yellow/oranges or non baf orange/reds. The FnF pets have a number of side effects:

+ They count as members of your group - so you can get baf 3 solo.
+ If a number of them hit the same target the mob becomes much easier to damage.
+- They will attack any non rooted non grey mob within 1000 units
- They steal 50% of xp _if_ they do all the damage.
- They only last 2 minuites

When solo I'd be using the creeping snare perma pet, and I'd dump either half or all my mana on a mix of L5 FnFs and the highest level one I have, however I'd always cast one of those resist vents first so it's very obvious when it dies (time to stop pulling). I'd then pull with the insta con debuff and circle kite the mob around my shroom farm. It's qute easy to kill up to 12 non-baf yellows on one mana bar. You should also be able to kill 3-4 reds or a couple of low purples should you so wish.

If you build a group around animists I have a couple of suggetions:

Get 2x creeping, 1x arborial/mana eld, bard/ment

I'd have the creepers dump a power bar's worth of shrooms with one medding while the other pulls. If you have a arb animist he'd use his ae dd bombers and a creeping pet if he has any creep. The mana ment would dot and pot.
A mana eld would use that snare ae dd. The bard woul run power song and cast confuse.

Creeping style pulls don't work everywhere (you need room to kite with minimal wandering mobs) - however they are very different to anything else in daoc pve, and are probably the closest thing there is to fun in pve - imo anyway.

I'm not sure that a creeper would be all that great in RvR - sure they have an ae root bomber but it moves terribly slowly. The ae abs debuff sounds nice - but I've read it doesn't seem to be as potent as you might wish. Anyway for PvE (especially ToA scroll pharming) they are fab.

Cigies

Fledgling Freddie
Brealanna said:
Don't forget the Verdant PBAoE, although weaker than other PBAoE's it is still effective vs orange mobs (well it seems to be at level 23 anyway).
I was with 2 other verdant spec Animists with Warden red buffs and Ment's mr, we wiped the culurcian in about 15 mins with the 3 main pets constant pulling and then pbing like crazy, we did 2 levels in about 1/2 hour, was fun and fast.

The Verd PBAoE is an aweful waste of power, it is cast at the level of the shroom you cast it through, so a max of level 44 when you are level 50, also it does not add any acuity bonuses etc.

It's the only spell i know of that does less damage than the delve value, and I've heard at high levels you can burn a full bar of power and not kill a yellow con mob.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Verdant Pbae will count as a lvl 29 spell for resist purposes ( as per animist FAQ) at lvl 50, as are all other shroom cast spells.
Pets are always lvl 44 and cast spells as if they were 2/3 of their lvl.

Danita

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Reno said:
Verdant Pbae will count as a lvl 29 spell for resist purposes ( as per animist FAQ) at lvl 50, as are all other shroom cast spells.
Pets are always lvl 44 and cast spells as if they were 2/3 of their lvl.

Danita

hahaha nice sig lox.

xan let me know if u need any help :p

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
i'd go with the 2 creeping 1 arboreal and 1 verdent get the best of all 3 specs but 2 arboreal and 1 of creeping and verdent would surfice also cast your controlled pet just outside aggro range but within nuke range of the target(s) pull your ground target back a distance and cast hearts and odd tangler(one or 2) they still can nuke the mobs when they are on the forrest servant but so they do not nuke aggro then spam till your hearts content

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Old post, some prick bumped it.
PL'd Animist Fins style :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom