Animist Question

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

Is it illegal/against the coc for an animist to place shrooms on an oil point, when they are attacking a tower?

Happened tonight, with one guy repeatedly doing this, eventually killing an ice wiz inside the lords room with a raging spirit :eek6:

Any feedback greatly appreciated before/if I rightnow the guy who did it.

/bow

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Rightnow!!! it's your friend.....

the worst: they say no

The best: they say we'll looooook into it (which in technical jargon means no)

get the idea?

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure if you know this already, but raging spirit has nothing to do with shrooms. Afaik the planting of shrooms above ur own lvl is illegal like 500 units above urself...but the raging spirit was like a late DD really.

/Dracus

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for replies guys.

Dracus - Cheers. Must have been; strange thing was, the icer was in room and none had los on him yet it still hit him! Must be bugged or something.

For the record Rightnow got back to me and are taking action! I'm hoping the player gets a wee smack on the wrist/ban as he did this on another occasion and I hope he finds out that its :twak: to do this.

/bow

Olly

Loyal Freddie
Good one.
Ban them all until our fellow Albioners get something to abuse aswell. Just to even out the odds a bit! ;)

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Lorimez Shadowblade said:
Hi

Is it illegal/against the coc for an animist to place shrooms on an oil point, when they are attacking a tower?

Happened tonight, with one guy repeatedly doing this, eventually killing an ice wiz inside the lords room with a raging spirit :eek6:
Any shroom other than a controlled that's being cast at the oil point is bug abuse.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Bomber pets usually can't get into towers because they act as pets and thus can't go through the tower doors. I say usually, because like the other SI pet classes, Animists are still plagued by quite a few bugs. As for the no-LOS issue, enemies have been known to lag through keep walls in extremely laggy environments, such as during a keep siege; back in the old days, an enterprising caster could make use of this effect to land AEs on the target before it lagged back in again. ;)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Bomber pets usually can't get into towers because they act as pets and thus can't go through the tower doors. I say usually, because like the other SI pet classes, Animists are still plagued by quite a few bugs. As for the no-LOS issue, enemies have been known to lag through keep walls in extremely laggy environments, such as during a keep siege; back in the old days, an enterprising caster could make use of this effect to land AEs on the target before it lagged back in again. ;)

yep, got killed like this last night. was ina tower room but got LT to death from ppl outside. wasnt even near a fucking window. that was the hughe alb zerg at crau

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
pets inside tower's can count hundereds of caba pets inside hib towers (not razed or door open)

bugs bugs bugs

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Bugs? There are no bugs in this fine game we are all enjoying.

Working as intended I tell you. Besides, why fix bugs when you can introduce new things into the gameworld and gain new customers instead?

Its a fine balance that all MMORPG developers walk and the same goes for normal games as well. The sad fact is that new content and new customers will give you more $$ in return then fixing every single bug in the game. :(

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
yep, got killed like this last night. was ina tower room but got LT to death from ppl outside. wasnt even near a fucking window. that was the hughe alb zerg at crau
awww babeh :( :sex:

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
Yep...

A certain ranger, who likes to drive his BB around on boats and into bridges to see if ppl use radar (lol), is now using his animist to put his "war harbiger" on oilpoints. Ofc it's not bug abuse, just like Bainshees on bridges aren't.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Zagg said:
Yep...

A certain ranger, who likes to drive his BB around on boats and into bridges to see if ppl use radar (lol), is now using his animist to put his "war harbiger" on oilpoints. Ofc it's not bug abuse, just like Bainshees on bridges aren't.
The war harbringer is the Verdant controlled pet. Controlled pets are allowed to be cast on oil hookpoints, it's the fnf's that aren't ( forest hearts).

Danita

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Docs said:
The sad fact is that new content and new customers will give you more $$ in return then fixing every single bug in the game. :(
Fixing every single bug in a non-trivial piece of code (and DAoC is far from trivial, let me tell you) is in practice an impossibility, however. Nitpick, of course, I do see your point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom