animist in rvr

Ubba

Fledgling Freddie
i was wonderin my ani can take priests down before they get to him with them bombers (malice 3/3 mobs) but oviously they take time to get there how usful are they in rvr really and how gd are animist in genral in rvr ... u hardly see any rr5 ones bout (in shroom form) so i was wondering is there any point in making my ani rvr decent or leave him to farmin lamer ?

kk thnxs :clap:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well first of all it's a really fun class to play in open field rvr which makes it worthwhile to try it out at least :)

that said in gank groups animists have no real role, they don't have as much vital tools as chanter/eld and maybe bainshee. the bombers are quite bugged and sometimes don't reach the enemy at all, anis still don't have a level 50 lifetap which cripples their dd dmg a lot

shrooms are pretty nice but whenever i tried to put up a wall of shrooms to create a safespot for support and such it was just a waste of power - the shrooms die really fast after their HP nerf and their nuke range is very short

its a situational class but fun to play

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
If you know how to _play_ it the class is great for soloing. Goldenbark used to reap plenty of rps (yes, in NF) running around places and killing lots with sweet buttonmovements :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
you mean if you plant a shroom stack just past the bridge arch you can insta pwn anything that wanders through into that stack los :) doink

no dis to the hib anis though we got some good uns

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
dodnt listen 2 them, they dont have any clue.

Animists sux. They sux totaly :)

at least if i run into the fuck shrooms i could kick the guy irl

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Only active animist I've seen in RvR lately is Fabap, and actually his anger spirits are kinky.

Miril

Fledgling Freddie
Arboreal Animists are like Hibernia's mini-warlock. Use bombers to backload your damage which, if you time it right (i.e. throw a couple of bombers, then right before the first one hits, con debuff and spam lifetap), is quite impossible to heal. Bombers can also be a hell of a lot of fun in keeptakes/defenses. They don't usually go through gates, but if the gates are open or there's a hole in the wall, bombers eventually reach their target, so can you cast like 8 bombers then /wave at your target before it gets blown to pieces.

That said, the lack of any decent CC make it quite hard to solo, unless you camp somewhere and shr00m perhaps, which I find boring tbh :p

I don't have enough experience in 8vs8 roaming rvr with my ani to comment on their utillity there (I can imagine using shrooms tactically can be very useful), I have mostly run in small groups, or camped bridges.. :eek:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
comparing animists to warlocks. erm no m8

Wela

One of Freddy's beloved
Bombers + lifedrain = evul combo ^^

u can cast 2 bombers, then one life drain and the 3 spell hit same time

Miril

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
comparing animists to warlocks. erm no m8

Not comparing em :p I'm just saying that with bomber+lifetap you can have some very high dps for a short time.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Vodkafairy said:
that said in gank groups animists have no real role, they don't have as much vital tools as chanter/eld and maybe bainshee. the bombers are quite bugged and sometimes don't reach the enemy at all, anis still don't have a level 50 lifetap which cripples their dd dmg a lot
bombers are also bugged so they ignored resists, brought this up with Mythic via report in SI days :/ ,,, and they are still bugged :(
so good with the bad

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
One of my pet hates trying to take a tower with an Animist in it. Nothing worse that getting hit 15 times in 3 seconds by those plants. It is almost as bad as these Warlocks. More Animists that give up the better!! ;)

Of course I am trying to make you think twice and stop playing them :touch:

Ubba

Fledgling Freddie
thnxs

oki well thnxs for the feed bak sounds gd ... er i think was vodka sed sumin bout them not having 50 life tap YET does that mean thers a plan to get them soon ?

Miril

Fledgling Freddie
Ubba said:
oki well thnxs for the feed bak sounds gd ... er i think was vodka sed sumin bout them not having 50 life tap YET does that mean thers a plan to get them soon ?

I haven't heard anything which shows they're planning to give animists a lvl 50 lifetap. The 45 one is pretty decent anyways, it's amazing how many albs/mids have low energy resists :p

Ubba

Fledgling Freddie
rvr

well ive taken him rvr for one day i made 40k basically solo in nite and day ... was rr0 at beginin of nite so was hard to start, seems i cudnt get a grp at all tho so wots the deal with that if there bombers are gd there lt gd they can camp gd why no inv to grp's ?

just wonderin, alb mids complain bout them being gd yet hibs dnt inv them to grps lol

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Ubba said:
just wonderin, alb mids complain bout them being gd yet hibs dnt inv them to grps lol

Think VF was saying the reason they don't get many groups(which tend to roam around) is because they don't provide much utility to a group compared to other casters, and situationaly its keep/tower fun and camping one position.

Out in the open an animist is extremely vunerable to ranged classes, will just be nuked/shot from outside pet area, but in enclosed spaces surrounded by shrooms, being uncovered amoungst aload of shrooms in a bridge room is bad for your health. ;)

Within a couple of seconds you can get hit for this example.

You are hit for 123 damage!

But saying that, this kinda dmg added up (my example showed 738 dmg) is 1-2 nukes from a normal nuke. :)

With MoC2+ and Purge, you'll get alot of easy kills. :p

Ubba

Fledgling Freddie
ra's

kk well i was only gonna do rvr to get rr5 so i canbe l337 shroom runnin bout lol

and atm im low rr so my ra's are limited and i wantd mcl2 for farmin +tarts charge ... so i got that and like dex 2 atm i think how u think my ra's shud be at like rr3l5 say im hoping to get that this weekend IF I GET GRP's if i solo 3l3 or sumin lol but anyway ... how shud my ra's be then plz

kk thnxs in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom