animist help

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
okies, so i made an animist. lvl 22 now, creeping spec. i'm not sure if i do things right while exping, so i'd ask some help; what are the best tactics for pulling (exping) without a buffbot? please post it like abc-style, i'm a total nubber what it comes to animists.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
1. reroll or respec to arboreal or verdant .
2. if you arnt prepared to respec then the following way to exp with creep is as follows.

1. Plant main mushroom (grove executioner etc) within range of a camp of mobs
2. plat 1 or 2 fire and forget forest hearts just behind it
3. pull with your wisp bombers (Creep base line) get your main pet to attack the mob
4. run around your forest hearts till they kill the mob the creep snare will stop you from being butchered

5. respec arboreal or verdant ,creeping does sod all for animists except gives them like 5 buggy spec spells.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
thanks for the reply. i already respecced from arboreal btw, and i'm doing a lot better with creeping path, atleast atm. i'll try verdant too asap. thanks again for the tips, pretty much close to what i've done so far :cheers:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
if you can group up with some tanks and spec at least 7 into verdant as soon as you can the dps debuff shrooms + abs debuff bombers will make their job a dream.

the first bt bomber will also make life easier for them.

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
Put 7 in creeping, gives u aoe bladeturn. there are many sites available with advice on a peticular class if you search around, two good ones for all characters daoc catacombs and vn boards class forums.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Acetylsalicylic said:
Put 7 in creeping, gives u aoe bladeturn. there are many sites available with advice on a peticular class if you search around, two good ones for all characters daoc catacombs and vn boards class forums.

you mena 7 verd matey thats where you get the aoe bt but it only bts 3 people so is fine if your in a smallish tank group.

Creeping works best with tank groups as you reduce the requirment of a main primary healer (aka bard / warden could probbly manage)

due to the dps reduction mushroom, also the tanks hit for less times due to the abs debuff mushroom. Either way find a play style that suits you.

You got 3 choices but personally i think creeping lacks any point because unless you get at least 24 into arb to reduce variance of your base line life tap you cant use the wisp bombers to attack a keep and your reduced to using a lt with wide damage potential. Although iven ot seen how the pbaoe dps debuff shrooms work agains tanks / pets on doors :)

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
Bah sorry hadnt slept and you had already put what i meant, to much caffine not enouth sleep.

sweetleaf

Loyal Freddie
Creeping

Tried all spec ard, verd and creeping.

One big advantage i found with creeping was for some reason I could get loads more shrooms out per mana bar than either verdant or arb.

Found it excellent for farming som3 scrolls, with the main shroom having a snare which does not break when other shrooms nuke. Could drop about 10+ highest level shrooms and kite really well. I do have mcl 3 which made it a wee quicker.

Got to admit did like creeping have times with a mana ment friend just farming purp mobs non stop, I would kite like I said and he just stun and dot for added effect.

Just thought I would defend creeping a little as it not as bad as ppl say

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
its not a bad spec but the debuff are lacking punch to make it worthwhile i mean the lower level pets will snare the same as the higher level pets + can shroom + other utility :)

if you like it and you worked it out then i wont stop you the anim team leader trying to get creeping some improvments like debuff pets and a dd based nuke instead of being on bomber.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
So whats the cookie-cutter spec for farming/pl with anis?

With bb ofc.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Well this is my spec on awarkle

48 verdant
24 arboreal
6 Creep

This gives me the last pbaoe decent damage on the lifetap and first abs debuff bomber.

you dont need 50 verdant the final ablative pet sucks and the tank pets all do the same damage when tanking (only the taunts different value)

The 24 arb although you think but the aoe bombers suck will reduce your variance on your lifetap.

If you plan on just using your anim for pve then get yourself either about rr2

for serenity and mcl 1 at least + plan a template around as many power regen artifacts as possible like tarts or darkness stone etc.

Verd anim nukes burn through mana very fast so you need to get as much serenity / power regen + power % in your template i think i got like 50% extra power in my bar.

get belt of the moon for the summon staff or get a lot of rog staffs with + duration on them :)

basically if your farming what you need is someone to pull mobs onto your shroom so the aoe root on your druid would be fine just aoe everything and then run back to mushroom and let anim pbaoe to pull agro.

just realise that currently wildpower does not transfer to the pbaoe you wont critical with it but i think its being worked on.

also aim for green / blue mobs when farming dont try and do anything above orange in groups unless you got a mana bomber with you :)

for this spec the best place to farm money is the cliffdwellers down on the beach LOADS of green/blue mobs basically drop main shroom buff it then drop about 5 lvl 5 creep base line nuke turrets they will baf and call for help so they will literaly throw them selves on your pet and die .

Drop about 50 silver each + some salvagable leather and weaps (nothing amazing) but they repop very fast.

If your doing harder mobs then stick with 1 or 2 mobs and every 2 or 3 pbaoes throw in an arb aoe bomber.

Powerleveling can be done as long as you find mobs that dont interupt or dd lots, i did some power level at naburite drinkers and basically aoe debuff the room run back to shroom and hit pbaoe however they somtimes dd you and prevent you from nuking so its better if druid pulls ;)

i have farmed the ml1.1 encounter but its better to have a second healer/mana ment with you + heat resists shrooms up + ml9 pet is a must :) takes me about 5 mins to drop all three mobs (although i know sally can also do it)

its all case of yes your pet can take a beating but it doesnt return the same damage like a focus shield does. Ive tried ml9 pet in galladoria and tbh no where near as fast as what focus + mana ment used to be shrooms will drop the mobs but take about 5 mins per mob

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Awarkle said:
Well this is my spec on awarkle

48 verdant
24 arboreal
6 Creep

This gives me the last pbaoe decent damage on the lifetap and first abs debuff bomber.

you dont need 50 verdant the final ablative pet sucks and the tank pets all do the same damage when tanking (only the taunts different value)

The 24 arb although you think but the aoe bombers suck will reduce your variance on your lifetap.

If you plan on just using your anim for pve then get yourself either about rr2

for serenity and mcl 1 at least + plan a template around as many power regen artifacts as possible like tarts or darkness stone etc.

Verd anim nukes burn through mana very fast so you need to get as much serenity / power regen + power % in your template i think i got like 50% extra power in my bar.

get belt of the moon for the summon staff or get a lot of rog staffs with + duration on them :)

basically if your farming what you need is someone to pull mobs onto your shroom so the aoe root on your druid would be fine just aoe everything and then run back to mushroom and let anim pbaoe to pull agro.

just realise that currently wildpower does not transfer to the pbaoe you wont critical with it but i think its being worked on.

also aim for green / blue mobs when farming dont try and do anything above orange in groups unless you got a mana bomber with you :)

for this spec the best place to farm money is the cliffdwellers down on the beach LOADS of green/blue mobs basically drop main shroom buff it then drop about 5 lvl 5 creep base line nuke turrets they will baf and call for help so they will literaly throw them selves on your pet and die .

Drop about 50 silver each + some salvagable leather and weaps (nothing amazing) but they repop very fast.

If your doing harder mobs then stick with 1 or 2 mobs and every 2 or 3 pbaoes throw in an arb aoe bomber.

Powerleveling can be done as long as you find mobs that dont interupt or dd lots, i did some power level at naburite drinkers and basically aoe debuff the room run back to shroom and hit pbaoe however they somtimes dd you and prevent you from nuking so its better if druid pulls ;)

i have farmed the ml1.1 encounter but its better to have a second healer/mana ment with you + heat resists shrooms up + ml9 pet is a must :) takes me about 5 mins to drop all three mobs (although i know sally can also do it)

its all case of yes your pet can take a beating but it doesnt return the same damage like a focus shield does. Ive tried ml9 pet in galladoria and tbh no where near as fast as what focus + mana ment used to be shrooms will drop the mobs but take about 5 mins per mob
why leave arb specc u little gimp...u rickt...did u get tired of the AOE bombing or what....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom