Anime...

Everz

FH is my second home
Pertan said:
I've only watched like a few episodes of Death Note but i could tell it rocks.
Atm im watching Pokémon :D
While the best one ever is Silver Fang.
i remember watching pokemon when i was 8 ;<

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Megarevs said:
BLEACH
NARUTO
Bleach and Naruto... its like watching Tellytubbies when ya could watch Mad Max :) They are too childish imo!

I actually dont remember the name, but its a serie of 13 episodes, about young girls who have been into serioues injuries thats being used by the italian police.. Awesome. Samurai Champloo is good aswell

eksdee

FH is my second home
Zenith said:
I actually dont remember the name, but its a serie of 13 episodes, about young girls who have been into serioues injuries thats being used by the italian police.. Awesome.

was that 'noir'?

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Zenith said:
Bleach and Naruto... its like watching Tellytubbies when ya could watch Mad Max They are too childish imo!

Kinda funny, knocking a cartoon for being too childish ;) But opinions vary of course, and i know what you mean :)

And no, i don't considder it too childish. Neither of the two :)
Even taking into account someone wanting a cartoon for adults :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
The first ever anime I saw and got me hooked was: Neon Genesis Evangelion

If you like this serie I'd also recommend watching:

Rah Xephon and Fafner. If you like mecha in General, watch Full Metal Panic, Innocent Venus and Gundam series(I love Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny).

For more romance/slice of life/drama series I'd recommend:

Suzuka
Boys be
Kimagure Orange Road(These 3 are my favourites).

For supernatural action you have to watch:

Naruto
Bleach
Flame of recca and
Black Blood Brothers

Action anime for more grown ups:

Black lagoon and Ghost in the shell(Both seasons)

Also animes like:

Prince of Tennis
Slam Dunk
Air!
Death Note
Night head genesis and
Kiba

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
eksdee said:
best anime series ever: neon genesis evangelion.

i think i'm the only person in the world who thinks the studio gibli movies suck. i enjoyed spirited away and then the others just seem to be structurally the same, with very little interesting narrative and few new ideas.

Neon Genesis Evangelion rocks :D

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
eksdee said:
i watch a lot of films and do a lot of film criticism as part of my uni course (i'm training illustration but specifically production illustration - storyboarding, concept art, narrative construction essentialy; for the film and video game industries) so i guess i over-analyse some stuff and it does hold me back from enjoying some films.
Ah hehe :)

Sometimes people just gotta stop caring about who makes the film and why and what message they are trying to send to you because you really only watch a movie or w/e to enjoy yourself. Even if you make some work that has a deeper meaning to it which can be analyzed, chances are that only 5% or so notices, but all who watches it might enjoy it just as much :)

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Ohh noes what did I start here??!!

P.s thanks for all the links once again, suddenly nightshift work aint so crap anymore.

Iphis

Fledgling Freddie
Started on bleach, then ofc naruto and watching a bit of D. Gray man but tbh i enjoy reading the manga now rather than watching the anime.... they artists are just so much better on the manga they miss out all the filler, time consuming rubbish.... but im broadening my spectrum started watching blood+ the other day.
Too much time on my hands but must say i always look forward to the releases on wednesdays.

eksdee

FH is my second home
crispy said:
Ah hehe :)

Sometimes people just gotta stop caring about who makes the film and why and what message they are trying to send to you because you really only watch a movie or w/e to enjoy yourself. Even if you make some work that has a deeper meaning to it which can be analyzed, chances are that only 5% or so notices, but all who watches it might enjoy it just as much :)

that's an extremely limited perspective. you personally may watch films simply for enjoyment but a lot of people don't. saying films are 'only for pure enjoyment' is about the same as saying 'i only eat food to survive'.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
eksdee said:
that's an extremely limited perspective. you personally may watch films simply for enjoyment but a lot of people don't. saying films are 'only for pure enjoyment' is about the same as saying 'i only eat food to survive'.

so your suggesting we use films as a way to educate ourselfs? in what... how to be over dramatic?

eksdee

FH is my second home
psyco said:
so your suggesting we use films as a way to educate ourselfs? in what... how to be over dramatic?

if that's supposed to be a serious point then i am not even going to dignify it with a proper response.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Ghost in The Shell.
Outlaw Star.

Couple of others, not watched much Animé in ages.

(*kicks Chron, not 'a Shell')

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom