And you thought netspeak was bad?

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I know we all get a bit annoyed when peope use "pls" instead of "please", and "ur" instead of "you are" (or "your") but now it seems there's moves afoot to make English easier to spell as some people (I suspect the PC brigade!) believe its too difficult for children.

Have a read of this BBC article, and read the stuff in the left hand column thats written in the "simpler" way. It does my head in! It seems we arent too far away from regenerating back into communication via grunts! (No gay sex jokes please!)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
rofl! you can only laugh at how stupid an idea that is
Who comes up with this crap? How do they honestly expect these bubblewrapped kids to compete with other countries in the real world if they are sheltered all their lives
The GCSE's are made easier next year, and coursework is to be scrapped because it "puts pressure on the kids"
I mean come on, where is the line?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hell, that's just in the same category as finnish childrens shows being dubbed.

I learned my primitive english by sitting infront of the telly, watching sky tv, no subtitles and watching transformers :D

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
Somethings i guess you have to work for, learning a new language is one of them. But dont think that is something that will be a new way of communicating. But who knows :D

Aye agree with above poster that reading the "simple grammer" did give me a headache... :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
rofl! you can only laugh at how stupid an idea that is
Who comes up with this crap? How do they honestly expect these bubblewrapped kids to compete with other countries in the real world if they are sheltered all their lives
The GCSE's are made easier next year, and coursework is to be scrapped because it "puts pressure on the kids"
I mean come on, where is the line?

i doubt there is one.

primary school is made easier so more people can goto juniors. then that gets made easier so they can go into secondary school. seconday school is eaiser because they dont have to do any work anymore now, so more can goto college. college just gives you an A level because exams are too stressful, so everyone goes to uni. uni give out free degrees on a first come first served basis, just so pressure isnt put on anyone of course.

all these people then go into the real world and spiral into poverty because they dont have the skills to do anything, but not for long, because the government will give them free money.

its obviously the way forward.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
What a stupid bloody idea. How moronic must they be to think this is going to work? I couldn't even read the short hand properly without having to re-read parts of it. Grrrr... English kids are ********

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
The quote of "It will make it easier for people with memory problems" made me smile heh.

But yeah, its going along the lines of bringing society down to the lowest level so no one feels left behind. Instead 75% of kids will get frustrated from being held back and start a life of destructive behaviour... and the cycle will be complete =(

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Hell, that's just in the same category as finnish childrens shows being dubbed.

I learned my primitive english by sitting infront of the telly, watching sky tv, no subtitles and watching transformers :D

Skychannel!!
With the crocodile in the elevator shaft or what was it? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom