And the official word on guild cap in alliances is...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Dear Customer,

Unfortunately Customer Service Representatives cannot provide this information. Please check with other players, guild members or please reference any of the many fan-sites and forums which can provide you with the information that you have requested.

Should you require assisstance for any other problem don't hesitate to contact us via the ingame Ticket system.

Kind Regards,
WAR European Customer Support Team

Your appeal:
Can you tell me please what is the maximum number of guilds allowed in an alliance?

We`re going bonkers trying to sort this out hehe.

Cheers,

Roo

Belsameth

Tainted
They can't tell you?
What kind of rubbish is that?
It's not like you're asking some kind of complicated damage calculation or whatever but just something that should be documented on a fairly visual place anyway....

Llendil

Loyal Freddie
Just highlights that the full instruction manual for Warhammer has never been released and the Customer Service Reps don't have a copy either.

No doubt with so many patches, it provides an excuse not to hand out a manual as it will keep changing.

Note the 'First Steps' link on the GOA Warhammer site is still greyed out.

I know I spent a lot of my game time simply trying to work out what did what and why rather than having an idea to start with, that's probably what GOA and Mythic are counting on which is a bit poor!

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Think i read somewhere an alliance could only be between two guilds, most likely im mistaken, after all im a Dane i often make up statements to get noticed <waves>

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Think i read somewhere an alliance could only be between two guilds, most likely im mistaken, after all im a Dane i often make up statements to get noticed <waves>

I know there was a 'fix' for a bug where people could only have 2 guilds in an alliance, so I am disinclined to believe your statement.

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
As my guild in an alliance with 2 other guilds atm, I can definately say that particular bug is fixed :p

But would like to know how many guilds can be in yeah. Hopefully more that the 20 in DAOC.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
it WAS limited to 2 at release, bugged. it was fixed in previous patch.

and out of interest how many guilds are you trying to get in one alliance ? Oo

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
The initial alliance is formed between two guilds. There was a bug (which was recently fixed) that prevented further guilds being invited.

This information becomes very important for organising multiple guilds together. I've been trying to get a definitive answer on this from before retail launch.

We now have an alliance with 9 guilds. Do we have only 1 space left? Or do we have 11? Or...?

If only one space left, we have to be very harsh about inviting. If unlimited slots are available we can be more flexible.

If the limit is 10 guilds, as is often bandied around, then this is going to put enormous pressure on people to congregate into big guilds if they want to achieve anything. If the guild cap is larger, then smaller guilds can band together in alliances and still be effective. Frankly, I'm very concerned that the cap may only be 10 as this is going to ultimately kill small guilds in this game for anything meaningful in end-game RvR though it will take several months for this to sink in to many people.

EDIT: Back in DAoC I found the 20 guild limit to be insufficient. Yes its a lot of admin, yes its worth it to see that many people working well together.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
The cap is 10 guilds, i read it in a recent post from a Dev at Mythic, cant for the life of me remember where.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
If only one space left, we have to be very harsh about inviting. If unlimited slots are available we can be more flexible.

QUOTE]

Yup i can see it now, Roo standard in front of the 10 guilds trying to get last spot in alliance, and Roo only has eight roses to give out, it will be a great reality shows, You will cry, you will laugh, you will be outrages, this year in "Who wants to be an Alliance Member"

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

QUOTE]

Yup i can see it now, Roo standard in front of the 10 guilds trying to get last spot in alliance, and Roo only has eight roses to give out, it will be a great reality shows, You will cry, you will laugh, you will be outrages, this year in "Who wants to be an Alliance Member"

Nepotism is your friend !

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
The cap is 10 guilds, i read it in a recent post from a Dev at Mythic, cant for the life of me remember where.

Just searched on IGN - and at least two threads have started petitions to raise the limit above 10.

So I guess that confirms the number. Annoying though.

Long live large alliances though the meetings in New Era could be boring as heck at times :p

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Dear Customer,

Unfortunately Customer Service Representatives cannot provide this information. Please check with other players, guild members or please reference any of the many fan-sites and forums which can provide you with the information that you have requested.

Should you require assisstance for any other problem don't hesitate to contact us via the ingame Ticket system.

Kind Regards,
WAR European Customer Support Team

Your appeal:
Can you tell me please what is the maximum number of guilds allowed in an alliance?

We`re going bonkers trying to sort this out hehe.

Cheers,

Roo

Hey Roo,

OMFG havent they learned anything the past 7 yrs, it is incredible that they cannot tell you if the cap is like 20 guilds as we are used to or more or less ........

I simply do not get it, when they persponed the game for a long time that stuff like this isnt finished either.

Hope you get a proper answer from somebody, i cannot tell you as we are far from that cap yet.

Rgds

Vonwar

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I simply do not get it, when they persponed the game for a long time that stuff like this isnt finished either.

Remember that guild stuff was the hardest thing to test in Beta as for a long time there simply weren't enough people to test this kind of stuff. Look at it like this, while what we have now may be lacking some information of features, at least it works; I'll take something small that works over something huge that falls apart when a Goblin farts near it, any day.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Good afternoon!
The number of guilds which can be part of an alliance is ten. As mentioned in this thread, the number was indeed two at launch, but this has since been fixed.

From Guild Highlight 3 - User Interface
Guild Highlight 3 - User Interface [EU] or Guild Highlight 3 - User Interface [US]
Alliance
Alliance access is a reward that is unlocked through guild rank [Guild Rank 6]. Alliances are formed when a leader from one guild invites a leader of another guild to form an Alliance from within the Alliance window. Alliances can contain up to 10 guilds, with each Guild Leader being an Alliance leader, and the Alliance can have up to 50 Alliance Officers (5 per guild). The Alliance Roster displays the Alliance name, each Guild in the Alliance, Leave, Invite/Remove options, and Promote/Demote options.
It's been put forth that this will be the end of small guilds, as even with ten guilds in an alliance, they simply won't be able to muster the numbers needed to accomplish city sieges or similar grand scale RvR. Whereas this worry is well founded, it is also somewhat misdirected; realm versus realm is not about groups of friends or even groups of guilds battling over control, it is about the clash of entire realms. Alliances provide additional means of communication and incentives for cooperation between guilds, but are not intended to be the End of All union; alliances, too, will need to cooperate.

Small guilds and large guilds are different in atmosphere and capable of different things. I suspect that whereas increasing the number of guilds allowed to form an alliance would, naturally, allow an alliance consisting of smaller guilds to muster more players to the battlefield. However, this would also make the alliance more difficult to control and coordinate and the chance of the alliance breaking up would increase.

Just as guilds come in all forms and seizes, so do alliances. Each model come with its inherent strengths and weaknesses, and this diversity is really the beauty of it all.

Cheers,
Magnus

Belsameth

Tainted
Magnus, why can't CSRs answer questions like that?
Seems rather silly to me...

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Magnus, why can't CSRs answer questions like that?
Seems rather silly to me...
I used to work as a GM for "that other" game back in the days, and I recognise the situation. The reason one of our CSR's responded like this was not due to lack of information - we have excellent in-house Wikis - but out of caution.

CSR's are often asked questions like "how does renown calculations work?" or "where can I find this-and-this?". These are things which are intended to be explored and discovered by players by playing the game - or in the case of formulas, be discovered through empiric tests - and not be delivered via CSR's. Basically, if a piece of information has been made available by official sources, it's always OK for a CSR to share this. If it is known via unofficial sources, one will have to look at the matter more in a case-to-case basis, judging how well known of a fact it is. It's a balancing act which cannot be quantified or written in stone and different CSR's will make different judgement calls.

Our CSR probably didn't know that this information was actually available via official and public sources, and so played it safe and advised to look for the answer via unofficial channels. As it so happens, this was a misinformed decision and I'll make sure to pass along this to our teams. However, the core matter remain and I hope I got my point through :)

-Magnus

Belsameth

Tainted
Oh yes, I can understand fully. I was just wondering really and your answer explains everything.

Better have CSRs that say too little (to a point) then those that say too much.

Thank you for your reply, as well :)

Edit: Since you're all into being helpfull and all. Can you ban Nicodemus. it'll be quite a giggle :p

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie

This? May be out of date now, but it was the suggested 'plan'

"Alliance access is a reward that is unlocked through guild rank. Alliances are formed when a leader from one guild invites a leader of another guild to form an Alliance from within the Alliance window. Alliances can contain up to 10 guilds, with each Guild Leader being an Alliance leader, and the Alliance can have up to 50 Alliance Officers (5 per guild). The Alliance Roster displays the Alliance name, each Guild in the Alliance, Leave, Invite/Remove options, and Promote/Demote options."

Shaeffer

Dear Little Mite

LOL

That REALLY made my day!

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Whats the actual bonus of alliances? Not being weird here , im curious. Since ten is the limit then have the rest make their own alliance and then the two alliances ( or is it alliancee if plural :p ) make a chat channel to join.

Far as i can see the chat channel is the main bonus of alliance tbh (i mean ingame actual bonus not comradeship or competitions etc)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Good afternoon!
The number of guilds which can be part of an alliance is ten. As mentioned in this thread, the number was indeed two at launch, but this has since been fixed.

From Guild Highlight 3 - User Interface
Guild Highlight 3 - User Interface [EU] or Guild Highlight 3 - User Interface [US]
Alliance
Alliance access is a reward that is unlocked through guild rank [Guild Rank 6]. Alliances are formed when a leader from one guild invites a leader of another guild to form an Alliance from within the Alliance window. Alliances can contain up to 10 guilds, with each Guild Leader being an Alliance leader, and the Alliance can have up to 50 Alliance Officers (5 per guild). The Alliance Roster displays the Alliance name, each Guild in the Alliance, Leave, Invite/Remove options, and Promote/Demote options.
It's been put forth that this will be the end of small guilds, as even with ten guilds in an alliance, they simply won't be able to muster the numbers needed to accomplish city sieges or similar grand scale RvR. Whereas this worry is well founded, it is also somewhat misdirected; realm versus realm is not about groups of friends or even groups of guilds battling over control, it is about the clash of entire realms. Alliances provide additional means of communication and incentives for cooperation between guilds, but are not intended to be the End of All union; alliances, too, will need to cooperate.

Small guilds and large guilds are different in atmosphere and capable of different things. I suspect that whereas increasing the number of guilds allowed to form an alliance would, naturally, allow an alliance consisting of smaller guilds to muster more players to the battlefield. However, this would also make the alliance more difficult to control and coordinate and the chance of the alliance breaking up would increase.

Just as guilds come in all forms and seizes, so do alliances. Each model come with its inherent strengths and weaknesses, and this diversity is really the beauty of it all.

Cheers,
Magnus

I know it's not a mechanic you chose, but that is blatantly silly. The primary advantage of an alliance is being able to organise large numbers of people to easily accomplish an objective - be that PvE or RvR.

So now, rather than having big alliances we have to find out who the other alliance leaders/officers are, and get them to spread word on their alliance chat. Hence negating the main benefit of the alliance system.

Yes we can use region chat, but it doesn't reach anyone outside your immediate zone.

Also, as a relatively small guild i can see this hamstringing my guild - after all with a limit on the number of guilds in an alliance why invite a guild only has 20 players total, when you can invite one of the 50+ player guilds?

Take this the right way Magnus, but your statement contradicts itself, in that if the game is about realm against realm, why limit the alliances size? It creates problems - such as:A small-guild destruction alliance capable of mustering a force of only say 50 players with any regularity will be ineffective if the order alliance they are up against that day consists of large guilds, capable of mustering 200+ players.

Yes, the fight won't be limited to those alliances, but the primary means of easily organising attack/resistance is alliance chat (region chat is only useful to those online on a char in the right zone and level range). So why not at least give the option for an alliance of any size should people wish to take it? By doing this, you "weaken" your alliance by inviting a small guild into it compared to inviting a big guild.

Again, lack of forethought demonstrated on Mythic's part - feels like they just chose an arbitary number and went "that'll do".

I'd be interested to read your thoughts on my comments Magnus.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Edit(was too late to add to the original message)

Why not copy the Rising Force MMO's idea, which grants each of the high-ranked (high ranked in this case could mean Guild Alliance Leaders only) individuals acccess to a unique game-wide chat that reaches you in any region, at any level. Hence allowing REALM-VS-REALM fights to be organised easily. In fact, why not just bin the whole alliance system and enable this - each guild could "flag" 1-2 players (much like as if they were guild standard carriers) to have access to this chat, although everyone could see it.

That WOULD make it about realm-vs-realm truly, rather than about the size of your alliance.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Why not copy the Rising Force MMO's idea, which grants each of the high-ranked (high ranked in this case could mean Guild Alliance Leaders only) individuals acccess to a unique game-wide chat that reaches you in any region, at any level. Hence allowing REALM-VS-REALM fights to be organised easily. In fact, why not just bin the whole alliance system and enable this - each guild could "flag" 1-2 players (much like as if they were guild standard carriers) to have access to this chat, although everyone could see it.

That WOULD make it about realm-vs-realm truly, rather than about the size of your alliance.

Great idea. Please steal it. And hire evita for more spywork. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom