And so it begins...

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Well, this speaks for itself really, discuss...

Accounts Banned for Speed Hacking - Block on 12/3/04
We wanted to take this time to make an announcement about a serious hacking violation in World of Warcraft, one for which we have zero tolerance. Certain individuals have been identified as using speed hacks to accelerate their characters. This goes against the theme of fair play that we have instituted for the game, and is in clear violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use.

Those individuals who were caught using the speed hack have been banned from the game and have had their accounts closed. We must stress once again that we are opposed to hacking and cheating of any kind and are dedicated to maintaining a fair environment in our games. This will serve as a final warning to others who are considering using the speed hack. If you are caught using it, you will be banned without question from World of Warcraft and your account will be revoked.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. If you suspect someone of using the speed hack, or wish to report other instances of cheating, please email us at hacks@blizzard.com. Thank you again for your continued support.

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Not much to say apart from: GREAT!! I do hope they perma ban them and delete all chars on the accs really.

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
a very good show from Blizzard.. something which many other companies wont do cos they fear they shall lose money..

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
game's been out just over a week and already it's been sucessfully hacked, just need to dupe now so i can rake it in over ebay

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Nuked said:
game's been out just over a week and already it's been sucessfully hacked, just need to dupe now so i can rake it in over ebay

It hasn't been 'hacked'. The speedhacks can work on most games, because they aren't actually anthing to do with the game.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
i wonder how many have actually been caught, 5 ? 50 ?

id be really gutted if my account was banned,hopfully they bought the collecters edition :D

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think blizzard need to worry about ca$h. perma ban every last one of the cheating skumbags. that way if they wanna keep playin they gotta buy another copy of the game, hence ca$h for blizzard ;D

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
there not really loosing out,they have let them play the game for 1 week and earned £30 or £60 squids..whichever edition they bought,and i bet they buy another copy...its too good not too :D

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
ST^ said:
It hasn't been 'hacked'. The speedhacks can work on most games, because they aren't actually anthing to do with the game.

sorry, i'm no expert on hacks like yourself :p

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
sorry, i'm no expert on hacks like yourself :p
Last day in US beta i used the speedhack designed for cs and speeded around to explore to last part of the world. :)
Lucky it is the easiest cheat to track.

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:

heh there was one of these cheatsites that advertised that they had
figgured out how to dupe. :) But I think thats fairly easy to track allso :eek:
unless the problem gets totaly out of control ofc

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Kokelimonkelmedisin said:
heh there was one of these cheatsites that advertised that they had
figgured out how to dupe. :) But I think thats fairly easy to track allso :eek:
unless the problem gets totaly out of control ofc
Why even visit cheat sites? :rolleyes:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Good to see Blizzard taking a firm stance from the outset, hopefully an investment in the future of the game even if it is a short term loss of users.

While we are on the subject, just to be very very clear, anyone posting cheat details or exploits or anything else against the typical EULA-type restrictions here will have their FH account banned. We are not here to endorse any kind of cheating.

Thanks.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Not keen on the idea of Blizzard encouraging players to report other players.

The whinefests that can cause are legendary, Blizzard should police cheating, of course, but deputising drama-queens or "players" (no offense, but 90% of the population think that a player lagging means they are cheating and yell "H4X!" to the gaming gods at every concievable moment, 80% wouldnt know a hack if it painted itself yellow and ran around the server naked yelling "Shhh! Dont tell anyone!") is always a gamble.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well obviously Blizzard cant monitor ALL server activity all at once, hence turning to players that see something suspicious etc.

living

Fledgling Freddie
duping won't be easy as the new server systems save evry little change done, that way they can always track down duped items nomatter what. They have their part of experiences with dupes escpecially from other games though.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Seems like a great start of the game, getting the hackers out as fast as possible :D

And well, my guess is most will learn the lesson, and those that do not learn it will hopefully get out the same way.

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
imo gg blizz great that they have posted it as news to so majority will see it. good to see their taking a firm stance but tbh we always knew they'd be up to the task didnt we :touch:

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Bot-using accounts banned
http://en.wow-europe.com/

Another 300 accounts banned for cheating/hacking.

Im really happy Blizzard is actively working against cheats/hacks and shows this to the public too.

On the other hand, I think the people that create hack/cheat software see it as a challenge to "abuse" the most secure systems without getting caught. In this case World of Warcraft. But of course I can be wrong and i certainly hope I am ;)

Go Blizzard!

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Stekkerdoos said:
Bot-using accounts banned
http://en.wow-europe.com/

Another 300 accounts banned for cheating/hacking.

Im really happy Blizzard is actively working against cheats/hacks and shows this to the public too.

On the other hand, I think the people that create hack/cheat software see it as a challenge to "abuse" the most secure systems without getting caught. In this case World of Warcraft. But of course I can be wrong and i certainly hope I am ;)

Go Blizzard!

there all power freaks thinking there above the system imo :eek:

Nilam

Fledgling Freddie
IMO why you should cheat if you can? Because you CAN! If there is a way to do it and not get busted, do it! But perhaps it’s just me.......

If I could rob a bank and not get caught... I would do it.

But back to the game ^^ Yes I am going to use macro program and stuff like it if I can (I will need to calculate the risk before... don’t like to get my chars deleted =P)

But hey. That’s just my opinion! :touch:

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Nilam said:
IMO why you should cheat if you can? Because you CAN! If there is a way to do it and not get busted, do it! But perhaps it’s just me.......

But back to the game ^^ Yes I am going to use macro program and stuff like it if I can (I will need to calculate the risk before... don’t like to get my chars deleted =P)

And such a sad opinion.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Nilam said:

Bot-Using Accounts Banned - Indoflaven on 12/7/04

LOL be my guest MUPPET!
Hope you get banned 3 days after you get the game :)

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Nilam said:

MAYBE I can see your point of view over cheating in real life, after all many people do, but i wouldnt. However what really gets me is the fact you would cheat in a GAME... which, in my case, is played for enjoyment, and so why would you want to use a bot program to skip fun parts of the game? It just doesnt make any sense...

Anyway, good luck to you, Im sure you'll go the way of the rest of the hackers/bot users so far, so I hope you see the light before its too late.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Nilam said:

You better not post your charnames/servers here?

Anyways, I hope blizz continues to do this and work hard to counter the hacks, because thats what I expect for a game I pay for. I've been waiting for WoW since it has been announced and hate to see it go down due to hacks.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
While we are on the subject, just to be very very clear, anyone posting cheat details or exploits or anything else against the typical EULA-type restrictions here will have their FH account banned. We are not here to endorse any kind of cheating.

Thanks.

/cheer :clap:

I already saw speed hacks in OB, thank god they are being delt with

Nilam

Fledgling Freddie
Fafnir said:
And such a sad opinion.
Perhaps for you, perhaps not for me.

Tharion said:
LOL be my guest MUPPET!
Thanks. And I will do it if I can in a “safe” way. It’s not like I would abuse the game to 100% and not ever touch the key-board. Because that I don’t wont to.

AhoyHoy: I am with you on the issue that “cheating” ruins some parts of the game. Hey I wouldn’t like to have a free lvl 60 char when ever I like to. But if Blizzard or any company make it possible for you to “cheat” to skip some really boring parts like crafting (I haven’t tried WoW yet so I don’t know how there crafting system work) then I would do it.

Evoknox said:
You better not post your charnames/servers here?
Why not? If they have this “ybber” system to get people that don’t play the game like they think it was suppose to, then it shouldn’t matter if I give them my charnames/server/IP-address. But if they got holes in the system and I can make use of them then I will abuse them.

What Blizzard should do if they really would like to stop all the cheating and what you refer to as “hacking” is that they would add a reward system for the one that points out a “failure of deign” that make it possible to abuse something to gain some extra advantage. It don’t need to be something big. Can be an item, a nice looking cloak, or a free month, something that will encourage people to “help” with the game. It shouldn’t be something big, because then we would get a witch hunt in game.

Why don’t we see a system like this also? If they now are so willing to stop people from abusing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom