And so I come back to the question again.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Slash or Thrust for an infiltrator?

Every enemy I met last night had malice and when looking back through the fights it proced every fight I lost. Now I cannot blame that totally as my timing was really bad last night on style, in fact at one point I tried to PA someone during the fight!! Yes I know it is poor but for an Inf that didn't put any strength into character build I am hung up on this point. Should I be? Are there any thrust inf's left that really are glad they are thrust and can explain what weapons they use and why please?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Thrust was good for Dragonfang.

Upcoming patch, reflection chain becomes a stun - so go slash and use Malice, no question about it really.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
it's a shame malice has such a drastic effect on rvr, almost forcing people to go for it. i love being thrust on my scout because the styles are better and i can always pick the very best dmgtype to try and outlast my opponent.

for infils though, fast dps is key and you don't have as much time in fights to find the right weapon. also you will mostly use cs styles so there isn't that much difference between thrust and slash.

as eggy said reflection chain will have a 7s stun, but in the same patch they will make beartooth go off evade (6s evadestun at 15 spec, 5s evadestun at 50 spec, gg mythic).

rr7 specs for the new patch (autotrained):

33 env, 33 stealth, 34 thrust, 50 cs, 39 dw, or:

30 env, 33 stealth, 34 slash, 48 cs, 44 dw

pro's for thrust: best looking legendaries (!), better offhand weaponspeeds (champ/other legendary), direct off evade stun, might have higher ws but depends on race/stats, strong sidestyle (basilisk is 34% asd iirc)

pro's for slash: easier to make templates, malice (which pretty much outweighs all the above, unfortunately :()

i made an infil but don't really have the energy to toa it, but anyways, i planned to make it slash aswell with malice offhand an legendary/champ mainhand. its easy and really effective. at rr5 or so i really wanted to respec it to 50 thrust/dw though, with dual legendary. :D so much fun to play, so hard hitting, but so little utility until 21 (or even 34 at very high rr) cs

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you for the replies and I see slash has to happen for me. When I tried it last it was hard vs Shades.

Yes I am also worried about the speed of the off hand at 4.2 seconds it isnt good. It is a shame a thrust version of malice was never made.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i'm not a fan of such slow offhands either, but having malice oh + spirit or heat mainhand will be very nice vs shades. dunno if you are a fan of weaponswapping but its a bit of a must

Everz

FH is my second home
Slash, thrust/piercing are dead lines now.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
Slash, thrust/piercing are dead lines now.

i cant really comment on this, but slash is boring:( speccially on my mincer+pally, i have a lvl 21 infil and plan on going thrust, coz his a sac, and i cant delete him coz he has 1061 fletching:p

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Im going back to thrust when we get 1.84 here and i can SC my legendaries ,so i can SC them with the golden spear resists for easy switching , im currently slash but thrust "feels" better on my infil for some strange reason.

About malice , yes it is nice but it hardly ever procs for me , it procced twice in 1 night last time i plyed my infil , so for me personally i like thrust but if your malice procs enough to stay slash do that :) Just SC some legendaries with malice stats for when you come up against hib stealthers or high PD hunters.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Influenza said:
Im going back to thrust when we get 1.84 here and i can SC my legendaries ,so i can SC them with the golden spear resists for easy switching , im currently slash but thrust "feels" better on my infil for some strange reason.

About malice , yes it is nice but it hardly ever procs for me , it procced twice in 1 night last time i plyed my infil , so for me personally i like thrust but if your malice procs enough to stay slash do that :) Just SC some legendaries with malice stats for when you come up against hib stealthers or high PD hunters.

well... afaik Malice proc like 1 in 5 hits normally and that 25% debuff is just pure ewul

Influenza

Part of the furniture
-Freezingwiz- said:
well... afaik Malice proc like 1 in 5 hits normally and that 25% debuff is just pure ewul

Aye mine does in pve just not in rvr :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
If im not mistaken, going from the camelot herald.

champion slash main is 4.2 speed and the champion slash off hand is 4.0 speed.

Regarding malice, sadly it is essential these days, i'd use it myself if they would only make it crush or thrust pole, but I prefer not to rely on procs with a slow weapon.

I find it unbelievable that after all this time in toa mythic still have not realised that malice needs nerfing, 25% is just to much, even if it was 15% to all stats it would be too powerful but at least not as bad.

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Thrust was good for Dragonfang.

Upcoming patch, reflection chain becomes a stun - so go slash and use Malice, no question about it really.

Reflection chain is in DW so slash or thrust you can still use it. You have to be like 44 DW though.

Did you mean Riposte? That is based off evade from 1.85 so there is a nice evade+stun chain coming our way.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
defenetly slash, u will get problems against remedyshades at low rr but slash against them isnt that much of a problem with a good template, i have no problems at rr4 against rr6+ shades just be quick on using ur abilites like ps and maybe battler/malice, comparing to infils they have much lower str and hp compared to a infil, i have around 368 str and 2300hp+. Can always cycle in a LW but most of the fights i cba. Ofc there are some really hard shades around (hello Temples :clap:) but u will learn who they are and how to avoid/win against em.

The problem isnt shades it is those melee rangers around, i have templated in a LW with just loosing 1 in str but it wont help u much, against high aom and WH/som charge u hit em for nothing and they have around 15 sec free time on u with fz+side stun plus ip2 :(. Only way to win against em is to cycle alot of poisons and hope for many evades. U cant PA them either as they see u long away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom