And land of the dead has...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Rynnor, my understanding is that shaman and Archmage are effectively going to be a new class in the game, with sweeping changes to their mechanics that will massively affect their playstyle. I might be wrong, I'm going by general shaman theorycrafting chatter amongst alliance buddies.

rynnor

Rockhound
Rynnor, my understanding is that shaman and Archmage are effectively going to be a new class in the game, with sweeping changes to their mechanics that will massively affect their playstyle. I might be wrong, I'm going by general shaman theorycrafting chatter amongst alliance buddies.

That was my understanding but after checking out the testserver it doesnt feel much different:

1. They changed Eeeek! - the AE Knockback so that the shaman no longer gets knocked back (shame - was always fun :)

2. Moved the Silence from a class skill to a spec skill under damage spec from memory.

2. Moved the deal damage to a target/defensive target gains that much health ability from being under damage spec to a class skill.

3. Added a new AE damage+60% snare to heal spec (odd place to put it ?)

4. Changed the range of the group heal to 100 from 150 (to stop keep ninja's presumably?)

I couldnt find much rvr on the test server but none of these changes seemed to really alter the class much on paper?

Is there a later patch with more maybe?

Edit - and oh my poor marauder :) AE was about our only semi-viable spec - we were already rarer than even Maguses and now it will be a noteworthy event if you see one again...

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
If I play a class to 40 and like it in orvr it gets hit by the nerfbat.

magus. nerfbatted. marauder. nerfbatted.

The Devs? I'd like to hit them with a bat tbfh. Marauders have had no love since they were screwed over in January and now magi are going the same way. Don#t worry though, they're going to do an indepth class review. Probably after they fix other classes who desperately need love. you know, BW, Sorcs, Chosen, KNOBS

facepalm from mythic again. I'm glad my sub ends on the 3rd of August tbh.

M

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
They're supposed to have rejigged things so that shaman/AM have:

1. heal line
2. dps line
3. lifetap line

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
, damage was getting out of hand,

speak for yourself please. the magus have never EVER had anything even remotely close to good DPS. and now they are nerfing it by ~20 - 30%.

the only thing reasonably viable the magus had were the AE dot and the gtae mist, and that only because they were great RP leechers, not because they actually did noticable damage.

i cant think of a single spell the magus have that actually need a nerf.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Weirdly the healing spec now has a new specline ability of a damage+60% snare 20yard AE - I thought this was a nerf to AE patch?

If it's the one i think you're talking about it's a copy of the AM one, which is an AoE lifetap-group heal with a recast time (i.e. say it does 100 damage to each person it hits, heals group for for 50% of the total amount of damage it does spread between all players).

My subs lapsed last night though, so can't log on and check. Have to be frank, i don't plan on resubbing after an incredibly fun week playing DAoC again - even my low RR ML8 Infy is just more fun!

I didnt come into WAR expecting DAoC 2, but i did expect them to carry over some of the successes. From my perspective they accomplished exactly the opposite by carrying over the faliures from DAoC and focusing on them.

Perhaps most damning with WAR is that the endgame isn't fun as it feels like a grind, whereas DAoC (while equally frustrating at times) has never given me that 'pointless grind' feeling.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
speak for yourself please. the magus have never EVER had anything even remotely close to good DPS. and now they are nerfing it by ~20 - 30%.

the only thing reasonably viable the magus had were the AE dot and the gtae mist, and that only because they were great RP leechers, not because they actually did noticable damage.

i cant think of a single spell the magus have that actually need a nerf.

I honestly think the best "killing" spec magus have is demonology. I say have, it's probably had with the new patch.

Rift was such an incredibly good spell. Line up Agonising torrent, Rift, Demonic Instability and then pop warpfire and the damage done is solid. Yes there's a risk of disrupt/disables but still it works and if you're in a good team with tank / sorc support it's just pure poetry. Add on Aegis of ORange fire if you get mdps trained with demonic lash and it's great (providing they try and hit you, leaving your healers/guards up to do their jobs)

I can understand the rift nerf and tbh It's probably needed.

It's the global changes affecting classes that are known to need a buff by just about everyone that yet again has me tearing my hair out.

These changes are for me, however, largely irrelevent. I'd decided I was taking a break last week after finding myself bored of the zergy nature of rvr and frustrated with the lack of t4 scenarios since lotd.

M

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I want them to implement chains for melee classes, I am sick of pressing one or two buttons and running around like a spin dizzy. The combat system is pretty shit.

SM has this mechanic and it sucks balls. I dread to think what the dev munchkins might do to all the other melee classes if they tried to DAoC-ise it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I honestly think the best "killing" spec magus have is demonology. I say have, it's probably had with the new patch.

sure, it is/was good if you ran a AE heavy group with a kickass healer that could save said magus from the pissed off enemy. but for soloing it was just as pathetic as anything else the magus had. i only used rift to pull WC camping players into the guards because trying to actually solo with that spec was suicide because every spell you had required you to be up close and personal with the enemy. and NO squishy can survive that unless you have a personal pocket healer.

even the demonology morale 4 is worthless as it takes a halfmiss to kill that "badass" wyvern...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
SM has this mechanic and it sucks balls. I dread to think what the dev munchkins might do to all the other melee classes if they tried to DAoC-ise it.

BO's have em to and its incredibly annoying.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Mythic have indicated the current patch is going live later this week. Flim pointed me at a post that made my heart sink.

It would be fair to say if you put me in the same room as a Mythic dev right now I'd be looking at some kind of assault charges.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think I'll reserve final judgement until it's off the test server - it doesnt look great (to put it mildly) but maybe it will make some kind of sense on real servers.

Its a shame that the test server is too empty to see how things hang together in combinations of classes/abilities.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Take a class with sub-par effectiveness. Nerf it some more.

Mythic are making a rather fatal mistake in keeping the community in the dark regarding scheduling any followup, the amount of antipathy they are generating with this patch is immense.

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
My subs lapsed last night though, so can't log on and check. Have to be frank, i don't plan on resubbing after an incredibly fun week playing DAoC again - even my low RR ML8 Infy is just more fun!

/Agree. Have resubbed this last week and my VW is havin a blast starting from fresh. Lots of fun, lvling isnt such a grind (good and bad), so much stuff to explore again and the legendary Darkness Falls, a RvR controllable dungeon that actually works well :D

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
lol. how many classes have they just gutted. If these new changes are part of a master plan then I'd check the person coming up with them isnt working for bliz;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Civy, if you are allowed, be on Committee voice comms this evening, around 9pm UK time or so.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i think they realize that the game will die sooner rather the later, so now they throw out shit patches to make it go faster. it cant be anything else tbh.

it truely does look like they do this shit on purpose.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
tbh the change in aoe is a good thing overall - it's just the fact they've gutted a load of already-suffering classes with hardly an acknowledgement of the fact that's provoking normally accepting people to anger.

If they posted something specific about their plans post-1.3.0b for career balance/rvr balance it'd probably do something to mollify.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Nerfed classes being nerfed more = bad

This patch however has improved the game a hundred fold in orvr, no shitty out of range bug to contend with, no dying the second you go near an enemy caster. Fights lasting alot longer and a big improvement in performance.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

This patch however has improved the game a hundred fold in orvr, no shitty out of range bug to contend with, no dying the second you go near an enemy caster. Fights lasting alot longer and a big improvement in performance.

I think the problem with this game is that once they fix something the instant questions is, when are they fixing the next game breaking bug/exploit/ability?

Way too much is broken and poorly balanced in this game still and the last patch screwed-up as much as it fixed.

They still have not addressed the massively glaring fundimental problem with Warhammer, a large scale pvp/rvr mmorpg whose servers cannot sustain large scale pvp. This is unforgivable and should be the first thing they focussed on fixing, instead it became semi-instanced and put on the back-burner while they added new content and screwed around with game mechanics and class balance (read: broke).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
They still have not addressed the massively glaring fundimental problem with Warhammer, a large scale pvp/rvr mmorpg whose servers cannot sustain large scale pvp. This is unforgivable and should be the first thing they focussed on fixing, instead it became semi-instanced and put on the back-burner while they added new content and screwed around with game mechanics and class balance (read: broke).

starting to suspect they actually cant do anymore then they have. i have a growing feeling that something, deep down in the code are so horribly messed up they would have to make a total rewrite of the major part of the game to fix it. and theres just no way that they will get the funds for that.

i dont even think its possible to put the zones on dedicated servers anymore because its that messed up.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

sure, but having already weak classes deal even less damage isnt my idea of improved orvr.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
They have nerfed classes and pised peeps off and the end result is the same. For 2 days we havnt lost a single sc as a guild grp. Yes it takes us 5 seconds longer to kill but doesnt change a thing. It's not a bomb thing and never has been. Its organised and balanced grp against randoms.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I'm afraid overnerfing classes, not nerfing those which need nerfing where they need nerfing and throwing balance way off is a Mythic trait, they did it time and time again in DAoC and are staying true to form in WAR.

If there is more than 1 English speaking EU server left by Christmas i'll be surprised :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i still have the lunacy to hope that the new director will fix atleast a FEW of the major issues...

having them all fixed are probably asking for to much at this stage, but even a few of them gone would make this game so much more enjoyable, nerfed classes or not.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
i still have the lunacy to hope that the new director will fix atleast a FEW of the major issues...

having them all fixed are probably asking for to much at this stage, but even a few of them gone would make this game so much more enjoyable, nerfed classes or not.

My biggest fear for warhammer is a SWG-style reformat of the game.

WAR is in a poor state, the servers are insufficient and the population is showing no signs of improving, some companies might consider a "kill-or-cure" approach to rejuvinating the game.

I don't play anymore, but like many would come back if they fixed all the fundimental problems. I just fear it's too much work and expense for a floundering game and they might decide to cut the budget to the bone (as they did with DAoC) and move on to focus on other projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom