And land of the dead has...

rynnor

Rockhound
I rvr'ed most of last night (till my internet died) in the T4 zones - you dont get the disappearing zerg effect when lotd opens up so much now so its possible to stay out rvring though there still seems to be a lot less order in rvr than before.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Once they sort the bugs, Tomb of the Vulture Lord might possibly be one of the best group instances in any MMO.

Once they sort the fucking bugs :p

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Once they sort the bugs, Tomb of the Vulture Lord might possibly be one of the best group instances in any MMO.

No, trust an old pve whore on this it's passable, an enjoyable instance crawl but not "great".

Surprisingly one of the "Best" pve instances in any mmo I've played so far (too many) was in Tabula Rasa.

As for the bugs, I have to say I'm questioning the professionalism of Mythic's quality control and game testing departments at this point. there are simply too many issues and problems making it into the live game.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
As for the bugs, I have to say I'm questioning the professionalism of Mythic's quality control and game testing departments at this point. there are simply too many issues and problems making it into the live game.

they are probably doing the best they can, but remember that Mythic fired a whole bunch of them earlier.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

i just wish there were more to do down there for the sub 40's tho.

PQ's arent all that great fun. and having quests and stuff would have made that zone a tad less of a disaster :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Ventured there for the first time today, asked for a group and one needed rdps. Was turned down because it was my first time into LotD. I'm obviously a nab.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
PQ's arent all that great fun. and having quests and stuff would have made that zone a tad less of a disaster :)

Some of the PQs are rather funny, (Temple of Dance Dance Revolution for one), and many have a nice touch or other but yeh, while they are good for xp if there are enough people doing it to leech off but don't exactly get the juices flowing. There's quite a bit of 'kill easy mobs, kill medium mobs, kill boss' prevalent.

I see the skin problem that makes the Obelisk look like a V2 rocket is still there from way back :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Some of the PQs are rather funny, (Temple of Dance Dance Revolution for one),

yeah that one is mildly amusing. but theres just as many that are a plain pain in the arse, such as that PQ around the order area (not the 3 up top, the one at the bottom) that randomly TP's ppl down to the tombs.... i so hated that one because i never could get a shot off before i got TP'd again >.<

Old Nicodemus

Loyal Freddie
I still think the concept of the PQ was a good one, just I think they overused it horribly. There was no real reason to wander off in any given direction just to see what was there as you were directed virtually from one PQ to the next. DAOC had that wonderful feeling of being able to wander off and get yourself into trouble only for you to go back with a group and paste the beasties that gave you all the trouble.

As stated in another thread this genre of game has been dumbed down to attract the attention span of the current MTV generation. So it's more likely an anti social soloer will find the game fun as he can do everything without having to rely on anyone else. All current morpgs are somewhat suffering from this malaise in certain forms and each is handling it to varying degrees of success and failure.

Maybe I am seeing things through a hazy rose tinted window, but I miss actually getting a group together to tackle the hard mobs in Malmo.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ventured there for the first time today, asked for a group and one needed rdps. Was turned down because it was my first time into LotD. I'm obviously a nab.

Nah they realised you were you ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Nico - I think part of the problem is that there is the easier option - why get a group together, travel to a higher level zone and smash some monsters when you can just do some quests over here.

I grabbed some guild/alliance mates a month or so ago (most of us early level 30s) and went and tackled some level 38 PQs - superb xp, challenging, good fun. More fun than the PQs for our level... (as the first stage wasn't just a "sneeze and it's dead" respawn-timer-wait)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Don't even think about quitting Civy!!!!!!!

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
We are leaving as a guild. 3 years in cam. 3 years in wow 9 months in War. How they managed to turn what should have been a killer game into this buggy lagfest pos is beyond me. It's such a shame, I was so looking foward to this game for over a year.

MMO's are getting worse with each generation. I guess the designers with passion have been replaced by money men. WE are off to Aion but tbh I dont hold much hope that it wil fill the gaming void.

And yes this is posted after a night of doing PUG's. I swear 90% of healers in PUG's heal by banging their heads on the keyboard while the dps just slaps the keyboard with their todger.

Calaen

:( gutted mate, make sure you let me know what games you wander off to, after Aion. Would be nice to fight alongside you for a change. Or reroll Destro and join us!!!!

You were always a challenge, and a priority target.

Cya.

Cal

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
And yes this is posted after a night of doing PUG's. I swear 90% of healers in PUG's heal by banging their heads on the keyboard while the dps just slaps the keyboard with their todger.
Rubbish!

It's a well known fact that most AoE dps players have no todger.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
It's a well known fact that most AoE dps players have no todger.

Patch notes are posted for 1.3.0b.

Most AoE DPS players have no AoE DPS soon.

The surprise for me was how hard they would appear to be nerfing Changing-spec Magus - you know, the class/subclass that everyone has flocked to from day 1 because its so overpowered. Most of our DPS is negated by HoTs and group heals already.

I await further information with interest.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH

The surprise for me was how hard they would appear to be nerfing Changing-spec Magus - you know, the class/subclass that everyone has flocked to from day 1 because its so overpowered. Most of our DPS is negated by HoTs and group heals already.

Nice to see they've learned from previous knee-jerk reactions and aren't going to do it too far the other way again :rolleyes:

Generation

Fledgling Freddie

Did a bit of quick testing tonight, magus aoe spells have been hit with a 20-30% reduction in dmg, depending on the spell.

Found it particularly hilarious that Glean Magic was ticking for 101 on a lvl19 mob in IC when fully changing specced and wearing 1061 int gear.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
from reading some posts on the US boards (don't have an engineer to test with) - looks like engineers have the same 20-30% decrease.

However a Sorcerer was posting an almost 50% decrease on some spells - whether this is accurate or not I dunno.

Magus are OPed though aren't they? Roo posted video evidence of one getting a morale 4 off in a keep - that's JUST NOT RIGHT!

That said: delete the rest of the game, have only maguses and their single target and their aoe abilities. AoE ones were better by a fair margin no?

Now if we just double _all_ magus damage they'll be fixed :)

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
The most frustrating thing about being a magus with these changes is that it screws over 2 of our mastery trees, leaving us with havoc as the only option.

Even then, havoc is in need of some serious attention as it's barely viable in it's current state.

Pretty much all of the other classes affected by the aoe change have a viable single target tree they can turn to.

We were supposed to be a medium dps, medium range utility class (and lets face it, we were barely that before the changes), now we're just RP pinatas

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Now if we just double _all_ magus damage they'll be fixed :)

i dont think even that would help alot. most of the time ppl is hardly even realizing theres a magus attacking them.

magus AE's are just about barably playable as it is, but the single target damage, and not to mention the daemon spec is laughable. my lvl 23 sorc did more single target damage then my lvl 40 magus did. sure his gear wasnt the best there was but u'd think ~850:ish int would count for something.

even our supposed uberbolt in havoc aint hitting for much at all. it says its undefendable but yet over half of the damage get resisted..

Calaen

Glad they have swept the board with changes though tbh, damage was getting out of hand, to the point where if you were jumped you could do little to avoid a defeat.

Hopefully the other changes fixing various other abilities and trying to get some form of balance between damage, (which I personally thought they had very close after the rof stack nerf) will follow suit.

I want them to implement chains for melee classes, I am sick of pressing one or two buttons and running around like a spin dizzy. The combat system is pretty shit.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I want them to implement chains for melee classes, I am sick of pressing one or two buttons and running around like a spin dizzy. The combat system is pretty shit.

Aion -> that way. It has chains

rynnor

Rockhound
I dont really understand the Shaman changes - some stuff was moved off into different speclines and the silence moved from a profession base ability to a specline one (not sure why tho - it was a single target silence on a 30 sec timer - not exactly overpowered?).

Weirdly the healing spec now has a new specline ability of a damage+60% snare 20yard AE - I thought this was a nerf to AE patch?

The 50% reduction on incoming healing curse has moved higher up the specline so I wont be able to have that and full healing spec as I currently do.

Overall I cant see the logic behind these changes - anyone know what they were aiming to achieve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom