And land of the dead has...

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Broken what little fun there was. In 5 hours of playing, 5-10pm I had a total of 2 fights. 1 against a small grp hiding in lotd and another against the dest zerg as it flooded lotd when they opened it.

The RvR lakes are a desert, just get 2 zone locks to get the points to reopen it in 2 hours. SC's ? Mights as well use the servers for sommat else cause I had 1 pop in the 2 hours I was queued.

My only hope is the peeps who cant do the dungeon will return to RvR lakes when they have farmed all they want for the tombs and PQ's.

I dont blame dest or order for being in LoTD. Who is gonna try and defend the lakes when 70% are in LoTD. You may as well join them. It's just another example of poor game design.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
DF was the same to begin with (heck getting anyone to stay around after you got enough keeps was pretty tricky up till SI ;))

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I had a blast last night. Its going to take a few weeks for it to settle down and we get a more accurate picture of how the overall picture has changed.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
DF was the same to begin with (heck getting anyone to stay around after you got enough keeps was pretty tricky up till SI ;))

No it wasn't.

Daoc Example: Mids get DF, Albs AND Hibs are still in the Frontier.
WAR Example: Order get LotD, Destruction are left in the Frontier.

rynnor

Rockhound
Its a bit disheartening when everyone buggers off after the 2nd lock - you either have floods of order or practically none at all atmo.

Zerg v zerg was far more fun than this cyclic rpve - on the plus side the order city must be safe for a while now since noones bothered (and tbh the pq's are so poor its hard to motivate actually going there :p).

How bout instead of this switchover from order access to destruction access you have a halfway point before 2nd lock where both sides can access it - then we could have some crazy battles in that zone rather than dull mop up operations in a camp full of npc's?

On the other hand theres about 0 chance the server would take that so from a system view lotd has done its job by spreading the load - your unlikely to find the order zerg v the destruction zerg now.

However I figure Lotd will get old really fast and most rvr players will be back on the frontiers soon - I hope so - I need more renown :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
However I figure Lotd will get old really fast and most rvr players will be back on the frontiers soon - I hope so - I need more renown :p

yeah, i grew bored after about 2 hours. the only fun i had in there was to kick out order and the one time they attacked our warband at a pq..

rynnor

Rockhound
yeah, i grew bored after about 2 hours. the only fun i had in there was to kick out order and the one time they attacked our warband at a pq..

Yeah that was kinda fun but PQs seemed dominated by dps casters sucking all the pq mobs into instant doom - in one PQ despite spamming tab to target the boss mob in stage 3 I never even got a lock on him before he died - lol.

After a couple of days in LOTD you have enough gold scarabs to buy all the minor stuff you fancy and then you have to decide if you really want to grind the instances for ages - presumably most will then return.

The PQs looked an ok place to level at 25 but then it does seem to change hands very quickly atmo which isnt ideal for levelling?

It does look pretty tho - I run on highest settings on main pc and seeing my shadow rendered very nicely on the sand as I ride about is cool :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I think Cadelin has pointed out one of the fatal flaws. Mythic have taken a great idea from DAoC, tried to change it around a bit, whilst forgetting some vital aspects which made the DAoC version fun and the WAR version suck badly.

RvR is now shockingly bad. Capture all the forts and keeps and just wait until the domination timers capture the zone, or if you're on the Open RvR ruleset you can capture T3 keeps to try and push the prior tier VP in your favour. Hardly anyone to fight during the 2 hours to domination. :(

It's all very well saying that things will return soon, but the game is fucked up right now - it takes RvR to go to LOTD and there isn't anyone to fight against!

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
My sub runs out on August 3rd.

If it carrys on as it has I'll be in the market for a new game then I guess...

M

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Havent played in over a week. Canceled subs a few days ago.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sad to say but the game has 2 weeks to turn around or I won't be renewing, I spend 2 hours last night sat in empty zones waiting for a lock, end of the day I am not going to pay to be bored shitless for hour after hour, day after day.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
My subs ran out a few weeks ago, and going by what everyone is saying, I probably won't be re-subbing.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Was looking forward to lotd but apart from some warm fuzzy feelings because it reminds me of Stygia, it's a bit of a flop.

There is some rvr fun to be had, but it's usually on zone switch and is a gank fest.

It might well quieten down after a while and become a nice place for soloers to go to gank xpers, but it has brought nothing to the game but problems and more dissolution of rvr.

When an expansion seems to cause a lot of players to leave, but no new players to join, you have a problem. Couple this with the feeling that EA might reshuffle resources and you have an uncertain future for this game. I think a lot of players will let their subs run out and watch on the sidelines to see what transpires.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The PQs looked an ok place to level at 25

its not. because your grouped with lvl 40's that suck up tons of xp, and the end of stage bonus isnt big enough to be better then questing in the normal zones. and theres absolutely nothing a lvl 25 can buy down there part from the talismans that aint lasting all that long. the lowest level item i saw were some blue lvl 31 weapons with no stats on them other then the class primary (ballistic skill/ranged power for SH's) for example. and i'm not even sure they are better then the renown gear. they probably arent, so thats another thing u dont really need.

and theres no quests down there what i could see on my SH (lvl 26) so all you have really is the PQ's, and theres enough of those boring places back home.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
No it wasn't.

Daoc Example: Mids get DF, Albs AND Hibs are still in the Frontier.

Yet another example of why only 2 realms is a bad, bad idea.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yet another example of why only 2 realms is a bad, bad idea.

atleast when it comes to zones that only 1 realm at a time can access.

lotd is a failure of epic proportions because it does NOTHING to help the orvr situation.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
atleast when it comes to zones that only 1 realm at a time can access.

lotd is a failure of epic proportions because it does NOTHING to help the orvr situation.

Yup, it's akin putting a plaster on a minor cut when someone's opened a major artery.

Treating the wrong fucking problem!

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, it's akin putting a plaster on a minor cut when someone's opened a major artery.

Treating the wrong fucking problem!

More like pouring acid on the opened artery if you ask me, the guy who thought all this stuff up should be sacked.......ohhh wait they already did sack him :m00:

My sub has been cancelled [again] and bearing in mind I had heard almost nothing about Aion 3 weeks ago I am now avidly awaiting it's release as a WAR/WoW replacement (damn I'm fickle)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Because of work, I haven't had a chance to properly assess LotD now its gone live. I've had a blast in the little time I had there but that was mainly because I was organising some misery for Order and not wildly focused on the PvE content.

As mentioned above and elsewhere, there are some bugs that need urgently hotfixed.

I disagree with the doom-sayers regarding LotD. I also don't see the 3-realm thing as being particularly relevant. Thats not to say that it doesn't need tweaked regarding access and its effect on the main T4 RvR. People will rush less to LotD after the initial shiny effect has worn off and T4 RvR will resume some of its previous fervour but at least there will be options for those that want something a little different from mainstream RvR.

I only see Land of the Dead as a vehicle to buy Mythic time to fix the endgame properly and nail city sieges and forts because when it comes down to it, thats the endgame components that have annoyed players the most be a very long way, even if individuals complain about this or that aspect of their class or balance etc (as players always will since most are utterly biased despite protestations to the contrary).

I also think most of the people that are quitting and blaming LotD were quitting anyway and are just using LotD as an excuse. Nothing wrong with quitting when you've had enough of a game but I just treat most of the quitting-because-of-LotD with a Siberian salt mine.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
sure, the initial rvr fest down there is great fun. but it aint lasting all that long because whoever just lost access will scurry off to their warcamp and wait for the zerg to come and kick them out.

and about things almost going back to normal, yes it probably will. but enough lvl 40's will bugger off down there to make an impact in T4.

and without a third realm to fill in the gap, this is gonna become really old really fast.

rynnor

Rockhound
The bigger worry is another series of server moves - WAR must still be losing a lot of subscribers :(

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I bet Requiel (IainC) Is laughing his ass off :)

After how MJ acted after Forumgate i hope Requiel is sat with a huge martini toasting his former bosses downfall with a huge grin on his face while he humps Mrs Jacobs ;)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
No it wasn't.

Daoc Example: Mids get DF, Albs are still in the Frontier AND Hibs don't exist.

Fixed it for you.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Another session in LotD last night. Another fun evening. Mostly RvR'ing, very little time spent on that PvE tosh :D

We took a warband out into the desert and roamed around while Order had it locked. We caused a lot of mischief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom