Analogue video-to-pc problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chameleon

Hi

A friend of mine is after a little advice and this isn't an area I'm particularly knowledgeable on, so thought I'd ask you all your advice .....

I am a newcomer to home computing but one of the reasons I bought what I did was to transfer old analogue camcorder video tapes to digital media.

To do this I bought a Dazzle video/audio capture device that goes in a USB. I loaded the software. My PC tells me all is fine - it recognises the hardware and all the software is there. The stuff is all XP compatible.

However, when I attach the analogue camcorder to the capture device, while it captures the video fine, I get no sound. The camera works as a stand-alone on the PC fine, but again no sound. The camcorder seems OK - it works both video and sound on my TV. I can't be doing anything wrong in attaching my camcorder to the device as it really is simple - separate phono sockets for video and for sound. But I get picture and no sound on my PC. Windows Movie-maker refuses to give me sound.

I have gone through all the Windows XP troubleshooting routines on sound. The Device Manager tells me that the sound drivers for my Dazzle DVC 80 are "working properly". I have exhausted the troubleshooter and still get no sound. The PC tells me rthere are no hardware conflicts.

Any advice very gratefully received.

tia

Cham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread