An other stupid (and racist...) thing by GOA

Heremita

Fledgling Freddie
One of our Italian players on Deira got first on the GOA quest competition.

His name il Ikkidefenix, one of the most famous players of Vortigern and Deira servers, pally 11Lx

When he wrote to GOA requesting to have the statue put in Albion, the answer was :

"we are very sorry but your name is NOT gdr".
This player has been playing for over 5 years, much before SI, New Frontiers, TOA and much more..

Well.. now i must say...

how the $%"$£%"% where they so stupid to say this thing when the winners, pubblished on Chronicles of Camelot are :

Shiro (Shiro?? the cartoon player is GDR?????? hokuto?)
Klient (and Zerver? IS THIS GDR??????)
Ghostie (fantasmih??????)
Lucchini (.....)

what else can be said.
The staff again demostrated to be totally stupid and RACIST towards Italians..

I really think that these people need to change jobs and maybe start earning the damn money they get.

By the way,
Ikkidefenix is an enemy for me.
I've always played on Midgard and Hibernia but I've always admired the player.

This thing of making him change nickname if he wanted the statue is totally STUPID.

Best,

Poeta

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
GDR? what does that mean? (might just be me, im tierd blabla),
and if he was indeed first - then the name should not stop him from claiming his prize. but whining here changes nothing. realy - it dont :(

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
GDR = German Democratic Republic

What evidence do you have that he was first, his word isnt enough, GOAs server logs will record the winner.

Also:

From the chronicles today said:
Eventually, those who will receive a Dark Age of Camelot T-shirt are :
Rommie on Avalon
Lucchini, on Cumbria
Brytchen, on Dartmoor
Ikki, on Deira
Gyssi, on Excalibur

kivik

Part of the furniture
Heremita said:
This thing of making him change nickname if he wanted the statue is totally STUPID.

Honestly, believing GOA are racists because they refuse to raise a statue of an italian guy's character (with a silly name) is even more stupid.

But yes, kinda contradicting how they refuse to raise a statue of a character with a silly name and yet raises other statues of characters with silly names too.

Best regards,

Kivik

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
so.. what does Ikkidefenix mean? i.e. what´s the catch?

Heremita

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
What evidence do you have that he was first, his word isnt enough, GOAs server logs will record the winner.

Also:

ok GDR is an italian ways to say.
What evidence do i have?
OMG i'm 33, i'm not an idiot that doesn't know what i'm saying :)
He had to change his nick to Ikki to receive the statue.

Is that clear or you need a drawing?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Heremita said:
What evidence do i have?

Grammar makes me cry.

noblok

Part of the furniture
I think GDR is Italian for RPG. Not sure though, as I don't speak Italian :).

[link]

Heremita

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Grammar makes me cry.

oh really? i'm really curious to see what's your italian like, my dear Einstein :kissit:
maybe instead of posting bullshit just to have a +1 in your post count go and fiddle with other stuff, thanks.

ma pure qui mi tocca flammare cavolo! :eek7:

Nate

FH is my second home
i don't see what this has to do with racism, probably because i don't know what the word means...but if the name wasn't within the coc..then it was said at the beginning that goa would not deal with names that break this coc...it could also be to do with that goa only had tickets for flights from france or something ;p

Overdriven

Heremita said:
oh really? i'm really curious to see what's your italian like, my dear Einstein :kissit:
maybe instead of posting bullshit just to have a +1 in your post count go and fiddle with other stuff, thanks.

ma pure qui mi tocca flammare cavolo! :eek7:

I didn't mention your language, did I. All I mentioned was grammar. Perhaps it's not only your grammar sucks, but perhaps you can't read.

GoA/EA/Mytic have the right to do what they want, who cares if they changed a name.

If I could speak Italian, I would - but I don't. :wanker::wanker:

Flammare = Fire
Tocca = Touch

EDIT:

Just read Nate's reply - They're right.

Anal time. Einstein = Science, not language.... Idiota.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Heremita said:
What evidence do i have?

OK, in the UK and most of Europe, GDR means German, sorry Im not fluent in Italian, like most on here, but there you have it.

Now before you blow a gasket, let me see if I have this right:

Firstly, what the hell is a "Ikkidefenix", and why wouldnt anyone consider it a decent name, is it some Anime thing or what?

Secondly, you didnt give us evidence, you just said "One of our Italian players on Deira got first on the GOA quest competition.", how the hell are we supposed to know if thats true, we are not mind readers! Hence asking for evidence!

You maybe 33, thats not the highest IQ, but all the same I didnt say you were an idiot, I simply asked for more info :p

Wheres this Racism you mention, he didnt get a statue because hes Italian or because he didnt win?

Lastly
So did he get it or what?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Where's this guy when you need him...

zidane.jpg

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
I just googled for ikki de fenix and it's a trademarked name from an anime series. I guess that's why they wouldn't put the name on a statue in game. Nothing to do with racism but rather an attempt to not get sued by the creators of Saint Seiya.

Funny how Heremita and Tyruchi are shouting some bollocks about racism and ineptitude though when they obviously have no clue what they're talking about.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Heremita said:

Una pizza con formaggio supplementare ed alcuni di quei pesci sporchi su esso. E non metta gli spaghetti su esso questo volta.

Axtanax

Fledgling Freddie
if ikkidifenix is not a roleplaying nick, how about ratakaboum, the contest' s winner?

ahhh but she is french so, she doesn t need to change the nick for having the statue...rofl

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Axtanax said:
if ikkidifenix is not a roleplaying nick, how about ratakaboum, the contest' s winner?

ahhh but she is french so, she doesn t need to change the nick for having the statue...rofl
She also hasn't taken a copyrighted name from an anime series. How stupid are you that you can't understand this?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Curses! That's why I didn't win when I did the quest on CalvinKlein, my Skald...

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Define a roleplaying nick... isnt it just a name you think fit for playing a game, or a virtual identity?

In roleplaying, participants adopt and act out the role of characters, or parts, that may have personalities, motivations, and backgrounds different from their own. Roleplaying is like being in an improvisational drama or free-form theatre, in which the participants are the actors who are playing parts, and the audience
So really its just a name you think applies to you or your persona?

Interesting debate, my main toons name is defined as a loose pile of rocks formed by erosion in a river, my healers name comes from an Egyptian King, my bot is just a "bot" type name, putrid and ransid are both terms of distugusting things, and my BD is an Irish dancer, so Id never qualify.

*my runie is called Canestan Soothes, that would look great on a statue...

Radga$t

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
Una pizza con formaggio supplementare ed alcuni di quei pesci sporchi su esso. E non metta gli spaghetti su esso questo volta.

u made me laugh :p

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Dont you have like italian community boards were people might actually fucking care about this.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Morchaoron said:

That translator sucks m8 ;)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
GOA wanted respectable names to use for the statues. Although the rules for the game may allow "leetzorpvpdude" to be used on servers, they didn't want a statue ingame with the players name. I can understand this, I don't mind the names of the players, but the actual game content itself should have respectable names.

I'm sure GOA would put a different name on the statue instead of forcing a player to rename himself?

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
Would like to cya writing in Italian smartass -.-
this is an english speaking forum. (fh coc says: Posting should be done in English. Drunken English is also permitted so long as we can make sense of it without having to use a crack team of ex-KGB code breakers.) that argument is quite stupid, since you dont need to speak italian to post on fh. you do however need to speak understandable english. if a you go to a professional racing event and dont know how to change gears you dont 'comeback' with asking the other racers how good they are at knitting :)
furthermore, noone said 'lol you suck you cant speak any languages', they were commenting on the persons english grammar (which, by the way, is yet another retarded activity to engage in on an internet forum).

Overdriven

Gahn said:
Would like to cya writing in Italian smartass -.-

Cya aswell.

I DON'T KNOW ANY ITALIAN. Not that hard to understand.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Grammar makes me cry.
His English is not that bad, everybody can understand what he's saying and that's only what's important for communication. I've seen A LOT worse. Are you some kind of high school teacher or something? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom