An odd enemy

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I can tell there is no rule in DAOC that states that you have to kill all enemies you encounter but sometimes situations arrise where the behaviour of the enemy is so odd that it has to brought to the attention of the whole community.

Yesterday my guildies and I tried several times to take a hib tower. We were happily chipping away on surs tower 3 when hibs arrived but what was out of the ordinairy was the Mid group that was with them.
This Mid group killed us. They left the door at 2% and they also left Hibs that were outside untouched.

There is a clear rule in FH stating you cant make Cheat threads and this isnt because they broke no rule as far as I can se, but my sence of fairplay made me want to hurl curse words at them.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Happening more often these days..and afaik there's nothing that can be done about it as you can't prove they were communicating on vent/irc :mad:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Just a bunch of x-realming assholes sitting on the same Vent/IRC.

Was a mistake from the beginning to have 3 realms.

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh i like it with 3 realms, harder to balance but more alive. I just hope Warhammer will have 3 "sides" too!

/Gashemi

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Just a bunch of x-realming assholes sitting on the same Vent/IRC.

Was a mistake from the beginning to have 3 realms.

Bracken said:
Happening more often these days..and afaik there's nothing that can be done about it as you can't prove they were communicating on vent/irc :mad:

how can you be so sure they were on vent? maybe mids went there to stop albs from taking the tower because they wanted hibs to be able to port or something and didnt kill the hibs so they could stay and defend.

its just really stupid to say that they are leet irc/vent kiddies who crossrealm.

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Ocalinn said:
how can you be so sure they were on vent? maybe mids went there to stop albs from taking the tower because they wanted hibs to be able to port or something and didnt kill the hibs so they could stay and defend.

its just really stupid to say that they are leet irc/vent kiddies who crossrealm.

He cant but its still sad that they did it and that you feel like defending it makes you look dodgy to me.

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Dimse Dut said:
He cant but its still sad that they did it and that you feel like defending it makes you look dodgy to me.

how can it look sad when they mightve just wanted some more enemies to fight in HW that day?

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Dimse Dut said:
As far as I can tell there is no rule in DAOC that states that you have to kill all enemies you encounter but sometimes situations arrise where the behaviour of the enemy is so odd that it has to brought to the attention of the whole community.

Yesterday my guildies and I tried several times to take a hib tower. We were happily chipping away on surs tower 3 when hibs arrived but what was out of the ordinairy was the Mid group that was with them.
This Mid group killed us. They left the door at 2% and they also left Hibs that were outside untouched.

There is a clear rule in FH stating you cant make Cheat threads and this isnt because they broke no rule as far as I can se, but my sence of fairplay made me want to hurl curse words at them.

I fully understand your wondering. I can only spit in contempt on those cowards, and be ashamed that they belong to our realm. I hope they had a good reason for not killing the hibs, but it is hard to know if you were not there yourself.

It smells of opted rvr guild/group or something, i have seen it before, running in hib frontier with a low rr casual guild group, we meet some hibs (high rr opted ones) we attack them, after that we are killed we notice that another mid group have been watching the whole scenery and wave to the hibs, whereafter both the mid and the hib group leave the spot, only to meet in a private 8 vs. 8 battle.

I was totally pissed, that another group from the same realm letting realm mates die, just in order to keep the 8 vs. 8 appointment they obviously had with the hib group.

They even flamed us hereafter that we should p i s s off from their battlefield. Im sorry but i thought we were on the same side, not on opposite.

The way i was brought up in this game, and the way i play it, is:

A good enemy is a dead one, no matter what, or put in another way be to others like you want them to be to you, (i never get spared, only killed.)

"Adding is an artificial word made up by opted RvR groups, not to the benefit of the realm"

The correct synonymous for "Adding" can only be "Fire Support".

I only could wish that you had posted the names of the mid traitors, that did not kill the hibs so the rest of us can be warned about fellow realm mates NOT doing their job.

Rgds.

Vonwar
Guildmaster Danish Huscarls.

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Vonwar said:
I fully understand your wondering. I can only spit in contempt on those cowards, and be ashamed that they belong to our realm. I hope they had a good reason for not killing the hibs, but it is hard to know if you were not there yourself.

It smells of opted rvr guild/group or something, i have seen it before, running in hib frontier with a low rr casual guild group, we meet some hibs (high rr opted ones) we attack them, after that we are killed we notice that another mid group have been watching the whole scenery and wave to the hibs, whereafter both the mid and the hib group leave the spot, only to meet in a private 8 vs. 8 battle.

I was totally pissed, that another group from the same realm letting realm mates die, just in order to keep the 8 vs. 8 appointment they obviously had with the hib group.

They even flamed us hereafter that we should p i s s off from their battlefield. Im sorry but i thought we were on the same side, not on opposite.

A good enemy is a dead one, no matter what, or put in another way be to others like you want them to be to you, (i never get spared, only killed.)

"Adding is an artificial word made up by opted RvR groups, not to the benefit of the realm"

I only could wish that you had posted the names of the mid traitors, that did not kill the hibs so the rest of us can be warned about fellow realm mates NOT doing their job.

Rgds.

Vonwar

they pay money to play how they want, and that way is obviously to not add but to try to get even 8 vs 8 fights. and how do you know they had an appointment? im sure that mid group was roaming around like you without crossrealming to "book" a fight vs hib groups and let the hib group rest up a few mins before they attacked them.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Vonwar said:

Rgds.

Vonwar

then again try to remembe its only a game wich you play for fun an you cant really force other ppl to haveing fun to run around killing everything on sight just because you like to play that way

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
then again try to remembe its only a game wich you play for fun an you cant really force other ppl to haveing fun to run around killing everything on sight just because you like to play that way

Regardless, if they start PM'ing you, telling you to get out of "their battlefield" the others are taking it too far as well. I suppose this is a nice compilation of the 'leet attitude'. And don't even start about "I-RvR", that's even worse.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Vonwar said:

Rgds.

Vonwar

Spot on. Next time tell them to rezz up, let you stick them and drive you over to the sign that clearly indicates you wandered into *their* battleground.. :p

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Whenever we are out with our grp we add. If we see a FG vs. FG we can avoid without being too close and they don’t mezz us etc we stay away. IF we bump into a FG vs. FG fight we join in. If the mid grp whine too much we might follow them and add on their fights a little more.
So stfu or we add a little more. :)

E

Eruptix

the end question is: WHO CARES

So they crossrealm...so what
its been happening for years now..no one gives a f*ck :/

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Eruptix said:

i do!! cant sleep at night because of it :(

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Eruptix said:

ITS AGAINST THE DAMN RULES YOU BOOK EATING INBRED SHOE!:twak:

And Since I brought up the matter I must by default care which sorta makes your post an absolute waste of Pixels!!!

Himse

FH is my second home
Dimse Dut said:

And Since I brought up the matter I must by default care which sorta makes your post an absolute waste of Pixels!!!

and like everyone cares about the fucking rules, check the cheating pole tbfh.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Dimse Dut said:

either:

1. rightnow
2. deal with it
3. fuck off to the roleplay servers

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
either:

1. rightnow
2. deal with it
3. fuck off to the roleplay servers

1: And What am I suppose to send to rightnow? "Uhm HI Goa Well These guys SEEM to be cummunicating outside the game, I dont have any tangible evidence other than what I believe might be going on. GOod luck with finding the Badies"

2. I am in a way dealing with it here on the boards. Maybe you dont like it but....

3. We dont HAVE ROLEPLAY SERVERS! And since when is thinking that people should NOT cheat a Bad thing??

Flamming me wont make me think im in the wrong that that sort of behaviour is out of order so if you want me to go away and not rock the boat with this issue then find better arguments

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Dimse Dut said:
1: And What am I suppose to send to rightnow? "Uhm HI Goa Well These guys SEEM to be cummunicating outside the game, I dont have any tangible evidence other than what I believe might be going on. GOod luck with finding the Badies"

so if rightnow wont work (i didnt really read the first argument, just saw another whine) obviously whining on fh will? i dont really see your logic.

Dimse Dut said:
2. I am in a way dealing with it here on the boards. Maybe you dont like it but....

by dealing with it, i meant let it go :/ you died in one run, couldnt handle it and had to moan instead.

Dimse Dut said:
3. We dont HAVE ROLEPLAY SERVERS! And since when is thinking that people should NOT cheat a Bad thing??

I was talking about the US servers, as they do have roleplay servers. obviously i need to be more specific in your case.

secondly, you have already said that ''they broke no rules i can see'' thus how is this cheating? its most likely the hib and mid grps that attacked you were set groups (thus u would have died anyway, so the argument is null) and the hib and mid group were on good terms with each other, only have fights when the circumstances were fair on either side. (not sure how well i explained that but still) it may not be your ''For Arthur !'' playstyle but a lot of people adopt it.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Ocalinn said:

There's a difference between enemies that just don't kill each other because it suits them and those who are blatantly co-operating. I've seen both, the latter more so in recent months - but like I said, f*ck all that can be done about it :) Still a ****'s trick mind.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Dimse Dut said:

Then why do you come here ? the reaction you get with be the same or worse =]

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
so if rightnow wont work (i didnt really read the first argument, just saw another whine) obviously whining on fh will? i dont really see your logic.

by dealing with it, i meant let it go :/ you died in one run, couldnt handle it and had to moan instead.

I was talking about the US servers, as they do have roleplay servers. obviously i need to be more specific in your case.

secondly, you have already said that ''they broke no rules i can see'' thus how is this cheating? its most likely the hib and mid grps that attacked you were set groups (thus u would have died anyway, so the argument is null) and the hib and mid group were on good terms with each other, only have fights when the circumstances were fair on either side. (not sure how well i explained that but still) it may not be your ''For Arthur !'' playstyle but a lot of people adopt it.

So what your saying is That I have to change server and leave EU servers where I have played for 4 years because other people cheat? Ok Pumpkin lets get real for a min.

I DIED at a HIB tower with HIBS outside by MID hand. The ONLY ones to die at that tower were albs. NOT A SINGLE HIB (who again were stood in clear sight to the mids) were killed. The Mids LEFT and the hibs started to set up schrooms ect.

We are not talking about the 1v1 we are not talking about some randoms who just passed by. The MID group arrived WITH the hibs Killed US and then LEFT!.

Telling me to change server and trying to make ME look bad for bringing an issue to the attention of the Community that needs to be addressed and mabye even implemented in future CoC's just seems to me to be a preteen bully tactic.

Well Succi I wanted to se how "common" this sort of behaviour is in RVR. Sad to say it is more common than I suspected.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
It happens all the time.

Ppl want to save iRvR so they help the other realm keep/retake towers. Been going on since NF came

No reason to whine about it here. Just because it doesn´t fit your playstyle.

I have beaten down eras doors plenty of times when hibs have had Eras and albs retake a tower. Just leave the door open for the hibs to come and retake.

Doesn´t even need any irc/ventrilo communication. Ppl tend to know the names ingame aswell.

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
Basically what you're complaining about is the mids not attacking the hibs?, if so, have you stopped to considered that they don't find attacking already engaged enemies fun?, the game is about having fun, in the way you you see fit aslong as it is within the rules.

Most of these setgroups don't consider players from other realm the enemy, stop for a second to consider that fact.

The hib groups and the Mid group probably were both interested in a fair fight against eachother, and though, the hib group probably didnt use much power in order to kill you off, they probably still weren't ready for the mids, the mids knew this so they stopped, saluted, waved, and got along with their business of finding other opted Fg's to fight.

They did this out of respect for the hibs, is respect for your competition such a bad thing?

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Fyric said:
Basically what you're complaining about is the mids not attacking the hibs?, if so, have you stopped to considered that they don't find attacking already engaged enemies fun?, the game is about having fun, in the way you you see fit aslong as it is within the rules.

Most of these setgroups don't consider players from other realm the enemy, stop for a second to consider that fact.

The hib groups and the Mid group probably were both interested in a fair fight against eachother, and though, the hib group probably didnt use much power in order to kill you off, they probably still weren't ready for the mids, the mids knew this so they stopped, saluted, waved, and got along with their business of finding other opted Fg's to fight.

They did this out of respect for the hibs, is respect for your competition such a bad thing?

OH For the love of Pixies would people actually READ what I post BEFORE repyling?

The Hibs DIDNT KILL US AT THE HIB TOWER! The mids killed us. In effect they ( the mids) added on on a HIb tower killing albs attacking it and taking Rp from the hibs that stood outside.

and ELitestoner: Cuting and pasting doesnt illustrate a point. It just shows you couldnt think of a reply on your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom