An idea of Protest

Are u willing to participate in the live protest?

• YES! For Camelot!

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • NO

Votes: 27 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Been thinking for quite long this now.

How will it be if, say 80% of us decide to throw our weapons down for as long as it needs, gather up in Emain,Hadrian,Odins ( location doesnt matter ) and sit around there?

Our goals

1) Not to kill our enemies for as long as it needs for them to make them understand ( They wont ban such majority anyway for walking around spreading hugs and kisses ).

2) Every single one HAS to come ( that includes pvpers, pvers , plers , stalkers, you name it). Its not the quality that counts for such thing but quantity. Lets show them that all of us care for the game we spent 5 years of our alive that we are willing to keep seeing going on,and having fun with it despite the nerfs,oped,unbalanced implements they invent every month.We are still here and thus it has to be heard throughout the depths of the seas and beyond every mountain. We are a handfull punch of 300-400 including buffbots players left .

3) We will stay there UNTILL someone from the company apears in game or they post something in the official site.
Our Objectives
Our target for this protest is to make them understand the situation on the rough side and respond to us on the following matters:

I. Is Dark Age of Camelot a game that has not been abandoned from its development team and will still be improved,renewd and supported ? or has it gone flashed the toilet through its company and they got their hands soiled with WAR's development?
II. Whats the quantity of players logging in the last year per week and whats the difference between last and the year before that % wise? Has this been taken into account from its company? ( Assuming the company maintains a weekly report of our server which im sure they do )
III. Which are the alternative solutions that the company has thought off and when will they be implemented on? Which are the latest promotion activities been taken from the company and how We as a community can we support our game besides word of mouth ( which true daoc fans already do that ).
IV.What are the companys thoughts about our community? Do they believe in a mixed way of playstyle? Are they concerned of too many different people and way of understanding things and how they planning to interract with us in the future? Is the level of customer service we receive the best we can get? Are they sattisfied from it?

These are only but a few questions that came up to my mind and there are tons more to come if the majority of the people are willing to participate in this event. Vote and lets see what will happen.

Best regards
Mckennitt

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Its a nice idea but ....... it will last as long as it takes for someone to drop a PBAOE.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
It's a nice idea, but I cant see it working simply because the French will just turn up with pbaoe groups.

They always mess things up!

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
What make you think Goa will show if you really wanted to make a protest is to cancel subs and for all in Dyvet to do it so on say e.g 01/10/07 status of Dyvet server 0.

Then maybe goa will post something on they website stating what they going to do.

Sitting there and doing nothing Goa wouldn't give a toss as they still collecting you money.Showing they server on 0 may make them think.

Soulja

Thadius

Part of the furniture
What make you think Goa will show if you really wanted to make a protest is to cancel subs and for all in Dyvet to do it so on say e.g 01/10/07 status of Dyvet server 0.

Then maybe goa will post something on they website stating what they going to do.

Sitting there and doing nothing Goa wouldn't give a toss as they still collecting you money.Showing they server on 0 may make them think.

Soulja

Cancel your subs is the only protest that GOA will take notice of

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
GOA dont give a shit, if the see a protest on the server they will probably say that the server population was at its higheste for a while and a lot of new people resubbscribed even if it was to protest.

In business money talks, not pixels on a screen that the managers dont give a fuck about.

Just leave, but this time dont come back and resub...

:m00:

Zede

Part of the furniture
it was a posting on these boards thats gave Mythic the idea for Agramon.

Im going to post a thread over next few days when ive fleshed out my ideas. New ideas for the game to bring people back is whats needed, not protest.

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
It is a nice idea, but i hope that you coordinate what you write here, with pm's to online gamemaster if you are lucky to find one, and or post the same information to "Right Now" so they will be aware of what will happen and when.

Best regards

Vonwar
Guildmaster of Danish Huscarls.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
It is a nice idea, but i hope that you coordinate what you write here, with pm's to online gamemaster if you are lucky to find one, and or post the same information to "Right Now" so they will be aware of what will happen and when.

Best regards

Vonwar
Guildmaster of Danish Huscarls.

Goa probably wouldnt notice TBH... :-(

:m00:

Toel

Loyal Freddie
I'll come. So, as a mid I'm expected to bring along the beer kegs aye? While the albs bring the tea and the hibs bring whatever the hell they drink over there

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I'll come. So, as a mid I'm expected to bring along the beer kegs aye? While the albs bring the tea and the hibs bring whatever the hell they drink over there

it be guinness now stfu!! :twak::wanker: :p

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Soulja wrote : What make you think Goa will show if you really wanted to make a protest is to cancel subs and for all in Dyvet to do it so on say e.g 01/10/07 status of Dyvet server 0.

What makes you think that this is any different that what already is happening for the last year? People are stopping paying for camelot. It does happen periodically but it doesnt change the fact that the numbers are decreasing cause less and less people stay under goas 'hut'
My idea is a direct attemp between us - the community - ( or whats left of it ) towards the company to find a solution.
Attemping something like this OF COURSE will draw the attention of at least 1 GM and trust me there wont be a single f****ing stone left in this planet without knowing about the event. At least one of the GM ( will try my very best ) will show up and hopefully he will be there to discuss about it and asnwer our questions. Its closing your account that destroys your moral for the server.

Zede wrote: it was a posting on these boards thats gave Mythic the idea for Agramon.

Im going to post a thread over next few days when ive fleshed out my ideas. New ideas for the game to bring people back is whats needed, not protest.

And thats what exactly im trying to pull off. A direct discussion with the company's representative's . Not a discussion through a forum that in order for everyone to participate takes much more time than straight type in a bg for everyone to see plus having all the forum trolls from 12th century blowing everything aint helping one bit .

Keep voting and mentioning either if u will participate or not. We need at least 3/4 of servers population ( which is not much anyway :p )
Im not interested wether u believe if its a nice idea or not. I didnt post this to get critic experts. Its a simple question of yes and no. We saw how critizing from play style to what color u dye your armor helped the server anyway.

mck

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
i have 5 accounts on eu all but one are closed and soon that final one will be closed. the sever isnt fun anymore, just 3fg albs on stick pve'ing keep and relic. a sad way the sever has become :(

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I really want to play dark age again, just for the rvr and maybe meet up with some mates.

However, I will not give GOA any more cash with the state of Prydwen. Mythic are the only company I trust with regards to always preparing to give the customers what they want(in regards to clustering etc)

Clive Aminal

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not sure I see the point in any protest. The Dyvet GM reads these boards, even if he doesn't respond very often, so GoA are fully aware of the general feelings of the people here.

A mass cancelling of subscriptions would be a slight inconvenience to GoA financially, but I dare say they are bearly breaking even on the running cost of the cluster as it is, so you would be solving the problem for them by doing that really, because then they would just shut the cluster down.

As seems to have becomoe clear in other threads, it is unlikely that GoA are now going to do anything about the cluster, because any possible action they can take is going to prove detromental to the server population anyway (Clustering with German of French servers for example will result in most UK subs being cancelled, as was the case with glastonbury).

It seems the only realistic way forward is to either re-roll on Mythic servers or to continue playing Dyvet for six or eight months until Warhammer is launched, if you feel you want to play that. Other than that the Dyvet server is pretty much on it's last legs, but well that has been covered in other threads also.

Scrinthe

Loyal Freddie
I'm not sure I see the point in any protest. The Dyvet GM reads these boards, even if he doesn't respond very often, so GoA are fully aware of the general feelings of the people here.

A mass cancelling of subscriptions would be a slight inconvenience to GoA financially, but I dare say they are bearly breaking even on the running cost of the cluster as it is, so you would be solving the problem for them by doing that really, because then they would just shut the cluster down.

As seems to have becomoe clear in other threads, it is unlikely that GoA are now going to do anything about the cluster, because any possible action they can take is going to prove detromental to the server population anyway (Clustering with German of French servers for example will result in most UK subs being cancelled, as was the case with glastonbury).

It seems the only realistic way forward is to either re-roll on Mythic servers or to continue playing Dyvet for six or eight months until Warhammer is launched, if you feel you want to play that. Other than that the Dyvet server is pretty much on it's last legs, but well that has been covered in other threads also.

Was going to rep this ...

except I think GOA are working on the problem , and feel they are talking to Mythic with reguards to moving the cluster to Mythic side ...or at least char transfers.

I like to think possitive ...and if neither of the above options arrive ...I shall slap myself for believing in GOA .

The only way forwards for the English servers now is moving to Mythic ....and I hope GOA realise that fact .

Leaving GOA to concentrate on the Euro languages .

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
There's only one thing that business comprehends. Hit them in the pocket, otherwise there's no problem in their eyes.

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Thank god we have people like thadious that help this game actively.

Much apreciated

Mck

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Or you could reroll US instead? I think that is more likely to get your point through.

ah, right. Trial ftw!

And I'll be happy to help any newcommers on US out, have 4 LG crafts on classic, look me up.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Thank god we have people like thadious that help this game actively.

Much apreciated

Mck

The game is alive on well on the German servers and on the US servers. Whats the point of going back to Dyvet when I can go to servers that have treble the number of people online?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom