An eye for an eye

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tbh how many times have we all seen someone who had something horrific done to them and said 'I hope whoever did that has it happen to them!' I know I have said it many times and although it makes me cringe a bit, yes too sodding right he should have it done to him!!

When I say that rapists and child abusers should be castrated I mean it and would gladly do the job with a pair of bolt cutters if it was offered to me, I cringe here because I have a thing about eyes not because of any moral doubtfulness. I think this is the right thing to do and although I do not approve of quite a few of the harsher aspects of Sharia law (i.e. stoning people for adultery, which is I feel not actually worthy of being a crime...people who commit adultery are total shits but not criminals) when someone has actually caused physical pain and suffering then yes they should be made to feel it.

I'll probably get a virtual battering for saying this but it is how I feel.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Oh jeez, I am torn, he is obviously an evil bastard to do what he did and deserves to be punished accordingly. Blinding him with acid though? Man, that is pretty brutal even for me.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I'll probably get a virtual battering for saying this but it is how I feel.

Nowt wrong with being honest and most people will at least understand your point even if they don't agree with it.

Edit : actually after reading all the article I have no issue with this at all, he deserves it.

ileks

Part of the furniture
That's fucking mental. I can understand having tough punishment for crimes (like castration as someone else mentioned) but this is just daft. Where do you draw the line? What if he ends up worse off? Does he get to do it back to her to even things up?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It was Ghandi who said 'an eye for an eye and we will all be blind'

But of course that's just some bolax soundbite from a man who caused the deaths of thousands and split a country to which we still see the very real effects to this day.

If we take an eye for an eye, very soon people will realise it's a bad idea taking an eye in the first place.

throwing acid in someones face is about as despicable as it gets and I would fully support
hacking the little turd to pieces with a bread knife live on TV .

Wij

I am a FH squatter
No. An eye for an eye is barbarism.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
They call that news? Heard about it nearly 2 years ago already.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Torn between it myself, the guy definately deserves to be punished severely but acid in the face? technically that can't be an eye for an eye because when she does it then it could cause more damage than he did to her (hard to believe I guess) but say for example... the acid she throws destroys both of his eyes and turns him into a cabbage for the rest of his life :l does that mean he then has the right to turn her into a cabbage? if so this "Eye for an eye" shit would go on forever.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let's just take some thread about some kiddie fiddler and take answers from there.

Suddenly "barbaric" turns into "righteous". Humans and their morals.

Lethul

FH is my second home
They call that news? Heard about it nearly 2 years ago already.

Exactly what I thought when I read the article. It even had a FH topic didn't it? :) Unless it's a new rather identical case!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Good thing. The punishment fits the crime.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I personally noted the phrase:

"Iranian officials have endorsed the the sentence in the hope of halting an increase in the rate of acid attacks."

Blimey, how many people do they have throwing acid at each other??

For me; yes and no. In terms of yes, he clearly deserves it, and in which case why does the bastard get to be unconscious and avoid the trauma of the incident??

In terms of no, he has asked for the punishment and therefore wants it to happen to assuage his guilt.

Tough one for me; if it was someone I knew/liked/disliked that would all be involved. Mucho subjective imo.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't read the article, as I just ate and don't want to feel sick - but!

My question is.. does this mean he gets acid in his eye and then he's released to full freedom?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Throwing acid in womens faces is a bit of a pastime in these medieval societies that treats women as property, or as the court said 'a man is worth two women'.
As usual Amnesty is bleating and the Iranians are backing down, we will end up with Sharia law because people will get so pissed off with ivory tower hand wringing that things will swing 180.
The guy who did it to that girl in the UK got 8 years, fucking 8 years for ruining someones life, which of course is 4 years with any behaviour really.
I have never felt so disconnected with the sensibilities of the justice system in my life, if that was my sister I 'd wait for the fucker on his day of release with a bucket of concentrated sulphuric acid..well worth 4 years.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Can I just draw your attention to this please because I do not feel it got the attention it was worthy of...

And an eye for lunch is cannibalism!

:clap:

Further to my previous observation, the cannonball eating a cannonball and being cannonballism was also worth a :clap::worthy: there is not enough groucho marxism in this forum and I for one would like to see more of it.

This was an important matter and I do not feel it was addressed properly.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Let's just take some thread about some kiddie fiddler and take answers from there.

Suddenly "barbaric" turns into "righteous". Humans and their morals.

Don't agree. I may have a feeling that it would be great to see the fuckers mutilated but I'd hate to live in a society that actually did it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Don't agree. I may have a feeling that it would be great to see the fuckers mutilated but I'd hate to live in a society that actually did it.

Are you saying that you like the thought of it, but don't actually want it to happen?

Because that's perfectly fine. I imagine it'd be legal to kick babies sometime, or blow up those baby carriages rolling around, owning the place :p

I meant more of the serious folk, who actually would mutilate other folk.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Don't agree with an eye for an eye. Might work for crackpot, sorry, deeply religious countries like Iran, but not over here.

There needs to be more consistency in sentencing in this country and a major overhaul of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. But I am most definitely in favour of a return of the death penalty for certain crimes in the UK. No way should someone who abducts, rapes then murders a child still be breathing air.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
But abducting, raping and killing an adult is fine?

How about just raping and killing?

Or just raping?

You see it's easy to want a death penalty to some things, but if we started to take everyones opinion on who should die(as opinions are rather similar value), then we'd be chopping heads for shoplifting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom