"an error has occured, the server has closed your connection" - LD

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
"an error has occured, the server has closed your connection"

I keep getting this message and LD'ing alot .. been like this for about 1 month now. I thought it was due to a new gfx ATI x1600 pro but i get it with my old gfx Radeon 9600 pro aswell and i have tried on two different pc's with same result i dont get any problems in any other application, i have checked my ram, my cpu's my hd's with different tools without any problems ...

It mostly occours while porting so i thought it was the gfx, but it seems it only happens on my main account and not on the other accounts ...

Does any 1 got a clue on what the problem might be ?

Regards

/Mirk

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
nope all hardware works fine as far as i can tell ... only change i did was buying a new gfx ... and now even when reinstalling the old 1 i get the error.

Last night i got it 4 times in a row when trying to port from 1 keep to another for boofs etc ... after the 4th in 10 mins i logged out

/Mirk

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
ye i got the latest manufactor driver recumented for my network adapter and not the microsoft one :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Check mobo drivers, network drivers, and tripple check gfx card drivers ;)

If you search around this forum youll find other people that also have had problems with LD on port, think the tip was to disable hardware checksum or something liek that. Maybe some searching around will find similar help requests.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Tried running pingplotter to the server and seeing what the network packet loss is like ?

Darzil

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Was getting similar things myself on a new Asus M32SLi Delux Mobo with Athlon X2 4600 and 2Gb of 800 Mhz Ram. Perf would be fine no reds then suddenly freeze for 1 sec and LD. After checking for updates on the Mobo. I flashed a new BIOS and updated the LAN and SATA drivers. Same thing happened again. Then I went to check the checksum setting for the LAN chipset which was set to False, found another switch for priorities which the choices were throughput or CPU performance. I changed the setting to throughput and have not LD since. Odd as I cant imagine the processor being overly pushed.

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Tried running pingplotter to the server and seeing what the network packet loss is like ?

Darzil

Nope cant say i have tried that .. hard to imagine that the problem is related to my internet .. that one havent changed in 1½ year or so ... 2024/1012 Mbit adsl ....

But i can surely try it

/Mirk

Skg

Fledgling Freddie
Sigwyen said:
Nope cant say i have tried that .. hard to imagine that the problem is related to my internet .. that one havent changed in 1½ year or so ... 2024/1012 Mbit adsl ....

But i can surely try it

/Mirk

Having the same provider for 1½ years without trouble is no guarantee.. They change the routing setup all the time between ISPs. Try the pingplotter as suggested before and you'll probably see that it something with the connection to the server.

Btw, I didnt know they had 2 gigabit ADSLs yet.. :)

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
he heh sry Kbits wiseguy :)

well i still doubt thats the problem since i got the same problem on 2 different pc's in 2 different parts of the country 1 in a flat with cable the other in a house with adsl ...

But as stated can ofc trie to rule it out.

/Mirk

Chaz

Loyal Freddie
Have the same problem as Sigwyen.

Started happening to me after a reinstall, and yes i have updated gfx and mobo drivers. Since i use an onboard network card the mobo drivers are also my network drivers.

Currently running pingplotter which is showing huge packet losses @ tengige0-15-0-1-62.auvtr1.Aubervilliers.opentransit.net in the area of 91%. thats with a 1 second trace interval.

Any ideas?

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Chaz said:
Have the same problem as Sigwyen.

Started happening to me after a reinstall, and yes i have updated gfx and mobo drivers. Since i use an onboard network card the mobo drivers are also my network drivers.
Sounds like the smoking gun there if you only got this problem after your reinstall. Go to your network card properties and disable Checksum Offload or Hardware Checksumming (may be called something slightly different but along those lines).

Chaz

Loyal Freddie
chretien said:
Sounds like the smoking gun there if you only got this problem after your reinstall. Go to your network card properties and disable Checksum Offload or Hardware Checksumming (may be called something slightly different but along those lines).

Only advanced options i have (under properties from device manager) are:

network address (set to: Not Present)
Optimize for (set to throughput after reading above, didnt help tho)
speed/duplex settings (set to: full autonegotiation)
wakeonlan from poweroff (set to: disable)

Or am i missing something completely here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom