An end to excuses

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Even if Midgard DID have the bonus, we STILL couldn't do ML10.

It's our fault mate ! We should buy some clues from those albs that did it with 1-2 fgs without pets !

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
I won't enter in discussion if Mids deserve an underpopulated bonus too cause i have no idea on Mids numbers but :

If

Hib = 100 RvR active 70
Alb = 200 RvR active 40
Mid = 130 RvR active 40

U can see that Hib is underpopulated. Maths
Jjuraa said:
ok but the point is, Hibernia are getting RvR bonuses.. and they shouldnt be seeing as they dominate already.. the population bonuses dont add up with the population faults..
The point is (as Mythic see it, and GOA I'd guess) is tomorrow i could be:

Hib = 100 RvR active 70
Alb = 200 RvR active 140
Mid = 130 RvR active 40

at the drop of a hat.

I understand what you're trying to so, I play Merlin/Alb - Hibs are kicking ass there also. But that doesn't change the fact that prime time Sunday afternoon there are 800+ non-anon Albs on the server, the fact that there are 80 tops in RvR is a Realm organisation issue not an underpopulation issue.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Albs kicked ass in 1.70, Hibs kick ass in 1.71/72, this is a worldwide game trend. We're not really different from the rest of the servers: what people should realize, is that we need to stop reasoning with pre NF mindsets.

The RvR game changed totally, and while classes are more or less the same bar RAs, the way we have to use them altered the balance completely. Determination, insta cc has lost most, if not all, of its effectivity, while pets, range and AoE RAs gained immense importance - the realm winning is the realm able to use them better with the less possible classes, as it was pre NF.

Unfortunately, it seems that bonuses assume that pve and rvr are balanced and equally accessible by all three realms, which is utterly false - I don't remember it so out of whack since the LA nerf - and this leads to frustration in the underdog realms.

Polkadot

Fledgling Freddie
Taken from duskwave

Realm Points
Albion - 938,450,783 (39%)
Hibernia - 654,617,720 (27%)
Midgard - 840,222,104 (35%)

This shows the total RPs that have been accumulated by each of the realms since the game started. Now, with 200 Million total RPs less than Midgard that means that Hibernia have a smaller pool of Bounty Points to be able to draw on from within the realm to pay for keep maintenance. This is the reason we need the underpopulated bonus.

At the current LWRPs rate of:

Last week RP
Albion - 17,412,370 (35%)
Hibernia - 18,976,741 (38%)
Midgard - 13,263,726 (27%)

We will catch up with Midgard in 32.5 weeks, and with Albion in 181.44 weeks. Now I'm not in a position to comment on whether the other realms should benefit from the underpopulation bonus - if enough of the large guilds have completely left the server and their BPs are going to waste I would say that there would be a case. However, to say that Hib doesn't need the bonuses based on a few weeks experiences is completely ignoring the last 3 years history of the game.

Luinmir

Fledgling Freddie
Lol, Alb always Whine.. Why should we care?

If Albs dont have good Leaders that Push ppl to help in RvR, why bother?

Yesterdays fight was great, Albs you show som guts at last .. I must say. You have the numbers.... Why dont you all the time like this ??

Mids, at last you show up too and give all some woooping. :clap:

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Polkadot said:
This shows the total RPs that have been accumulated by each of the realms since the game started. Now, with 200 Million total RPs less than Midgard that means that Hibernia have a smaller pool of Bounty Points to be able to draw on from within the realm to pay for keep maintenance. This is the reason we need the underpopulated bonus.
Uhm, you should consider also the bps spent in the past ... you can't draw a consequence just considering the starting pool.
Polkadot said:
However, to say that Hib doesn't need the bonuses based on a few weeks experiences is completely ignoring the last 3 years history of the game.
3 years history = that game doesnt exist anymore. Today it's different people, with different game rules, different classes, different enemies and smaller population overall. Compared to the old hibs, you have higher RRs, better classes, higher % of people involved in rvr, and I'd say many of your high RRs still play = tons of experience, while we (surely mids, probably albs too) lost most ours = we lost tons of experience.

I'd say it's time for you to acknowledge your strength and stop pretending you're still the underdog ... blame us how much you want for our weakness, but this is how it is today.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
yesterday was the most fun evening since NF launched.

3 fg mids out that I knew of. Saw atleast 3 different hib groups, stalky was out with a fg and I saw 2 small alb zergs aswell (and a big one at Eras and Beno) :D

Running with only 1 aug healer in the group (no CC at all except for ichor) and playing my skald again for the first time since NF was alot of fun. We managed to kill alot and our healer and shaman did a superb job in the healing department.

Also saw alot of grey/green/blue con albs in the zerg which imo seems like more and more albs try and get out and help the realm which is great.

Let us hope it stays like this.

:clap:

snarf

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with xxManiacxx, also had a great time and fun in alb-country yesterday evening! A lot of people everywhere and constant action! Lots of people online :)

Teaming up with SC and trying do something about the alb-zerg was good fun :)

/Urquan 50 Healer

Polkadot

Fledgling Freddie
Yma said:
Uhm, you should consider also the bps spent in the past ... you can't draw a consequence just considering the starting pool.

Unfortunately there is no record of the number of BPs spent in the past, however, those numbers are probably pretty even seeing as we've had the same number of keeps with the same maintenance costs in the past.

Yma said:
3 years history = that game doesnt exist anymore. Today it's different people, with different game rules, different classes, different enemies and smaller population overall. Compared to the old hibs, you have higher RRs, better classes, higher % of people involved in rvr, and I'd say many of your high RRs still play = tons of experience, while we (surely mids, probably albs too) lost most ours = we lost tons of experience.

Of course the game evolves and people leave all the time, however, the slate isn't wiped clean so events in the past still have a bearing on the game we play today however small. Also to suggest that only high RR Mids and Albs have left the game is a little shortsighted though as there are many Hibs who have moved on as well.

Yma said:
I'd say it's time for you to acknowledge your strength and stop pretending you're still the underdog ... blame us how much you want for our weakness, but this is how it is today.

I have no issue with aknowledging that Hibernia is strong at the moment and that we are doing well in RvR - however, the bonus is for the underpopulated realm and despite the fact that we put out a good force into the frontiers we are still that and without the maintenance reductions and the bonus BPs we would be struggling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom