Birthday Amy Winehouse

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
Congrats to Amy Winhouse who would've been turning 28 today!.

One of the most talented musicians and songwriters to break through in the 21st century! :worthy:

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Happy Birthday to one of the biggest wastes of talent in the 21st century

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Happy Birthday to one of the biggest wastes of talent in the 21st century

Congratz to the biggest judgemental person in the world.

I mean c'mon, it's her talent she could do whatever she wanted with it.

I guess you feel the same about:

Maradonna
Jim Morrison
Nelson Mandela
Adolf Hitler
Alan Turing

etc, etc.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH

I guess you feel the same about:

Maradonna
Jim Morrison
Nelson Mandela
Adolf Hitler
Alan Turing

etc, etc.

Have to kinda agree with Tuth here even though I personally think Amy Whinehouse was a useless waste of space that deserved no less than she got.

She was talented yes but chose to waste it.

As for the others on the list, such a shame that some went the wrong way!

I mean Hitler for one was a genius at first and then turned into well... Toht! :>

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
Have to kinda agree with Tuth here even though I personally think Amy Whinehouse was a useless waste of space that deserved no less than she got.

She was talented yes but chose to waste it.

As for the others on the list, such a shame that some went the wrong way!

I mean Hitler for one was a genius at first and then turned into well... Toht! :>

How did she waste her talent? She created the best selling album of the 21st century in the UK (and top 9 in the world), the same album won 5 grammies.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture

What has considering her a waste of talent have to do with her ability to choose what she did with her talent?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
How did she waste her talent? She created the best selling album of the 21st century in the UK (and top 9 in the world), the same album won 5 grammies.

*COUGH* Mark Ronson!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I nearly cared but then I realised I needed to take a shit.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
She created the best selling album of the 21st century in the UK (and top 9 in the world)

Not to diminsh the high level of sales it got on original release but it wouldn't have been the best selling album of the 21st century in the UK had she not died.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
As far talent, yeah she had bags of it when she co-created back to black. Since then she only really had a talent for shooting junk up her arm and drinking vodka. Pretty much every performance since becoming famous was a car crash, half the time she either forgot the words or staggered off stage half way through.

She wasted her talent.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I feel the need to remind you of the fact that she died @ 27 thus meaning she wasted her talent by going and getting herself killed by a lifestyle that her body couldn't handle.

as for the success - posthumous success should NEVER be counted.

My example - heath ledger getting an Oscar for The Joker - yes it was played well... but riddle me this, would he have been nominated had he not died?

the answer is no

Calaen

I feel the need to remind you of the fact that she died @ 27 thus meaning she wasted her talent by going and getting herself killed by a lifestyle that her body couldn't handle.

as for the success - posthumous success should NEVER be counted.

My example - heath ledger getting an Oscar for The Joker - yes it was played well... but riddle me this, would he have been nominated had he not died?

the answer is no

I disagree about the Heath Ledger example actually, His performance totally made the film for me and when he wasn't on the screen the film felt a little bit average!!!! I do believe he would have been nominated!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

the answer is no

yes he would have been nominated and he would still have won it

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
He really wouldn't
Action films such as those never get nominated for their acting.

it's a shame really but rose tinted glasses when people die etc.

happens all the time - nirvana is another example.

had their own massive following prior to kobains death then when he died every1 wants a piece

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
What has considering her a waste of talent have to do with her ability to choose what she did with her talent?

Well that you can care about waisting talents but that in the end the person who has it determines what happends to it.

Basically, determing whether it's a waiste or not isnt up to anyone but herself. Perhaps if she didnt live the way she did, she might have bin far less of a singer. Etc, etc, etc.

Or ie. Stop beeing so judgemental about someone you only know for reading the papers. As far as we know now she died of a hart attack while getting off the alcohol. Now there's something to be judgemental about.

Calaen

He really wouldn't
Action films such as those never get nominated for their acting.

it's a shame really but rose tinted glasses when people die etc.

happens all the time - nirvana is another example.

had their own massive following prior to kobains death then when he died every1 wants a piece

That's probably because 99% of action films have no real good acting in them!

Dark Knight on the other hand had Ledgers Joker stikcing out like a sore thumb. A nomination would have been given out as a minimum regardless of what happened to him.

Calaen

Well that you can care about waisting talents but that in the end the person who has it determines what happends to it.

Basically, determing whether it's a waiste or not isnt up to anyone but herself. Perhaps if she didnt live the way she did, she might have bin far less of a singer. Etc, etc, etc.

Or ie. Stop beeing so judgemental about someone you only know for reading the papers. As far as we know now she died of a hart attack while getting off the alcohol. Now there's something to be judgemental about.

From what I've read since her death it appears she was clear of drugs and alchol. They reckon going cold turkey after years of abuse caused her body to freak out. I disliked quite a lot of things about her, but it does not sound like she slipped away in her sleep! Couldn't have been nice at all.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
n33974_t64379_not_sure_if_srs.jpg

Corran

Part of the furniture
This is as bad as the 1yr, 2yr, 3yr, 4yr, 5yr etc etc anniversary of "9/11" .... but worse.

Personally, I dont get why people go on about the bday's of dead celebrities, what does it achieve?

Eeks Im turning into a troll here. lol. Just never understood why people go on about things like this. She died, was her own doing as she destroyed her body. Im not gonna remember her every year on her bday, witing for the "died 1 yr ago today" posts when we get to that point of the year :p

Kryten

Old Cow.
She's dead because of being a fuckwit, and she wasn't important or influential so why the fuck should anyone care?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Why not just post in the Winehouse thread, why does this need a new one? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom