Amsterdam, Whoring & Other stuff...

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Well, after going to the 'Dam at the start of the year and getting over the fact I've never flown before, I'm off again this weeknd!! YAY!!

Anyway, last time, I was out at night, and not during the day. This time, I'm staying slapbang in the middle of the Dam, about 3 mins from the station.

My question is, how can I fill up my days there. Obviously 'coffee' shops etc, but does anyone have recommedations?

Anyone been to somewhere cool and can remember the name?

At the moment we'll be visiting the Grasshopper (again) and a couple of other places that I can't remember the name of, but if anyone can advise on somewhere to go look at or whatever, it could make an interesting trip a really cool, interesting trip!! :clap:

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Visited a bar once in A'dam where the women shoot dildo's across the room. Guess which part of their body they use.... :D

Can' t remember the name though.... :(

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I believe there are many bars like that, although I was little bit too err... umm... iffy to appreciate the "L337 skillz" of those ladies!!

Although this time... I shall try to experience the rudeness of the bars!!

anattic

Fledgling Freddie
I went to a great restaurant there a few years ago called The Supper Club. I was on someone else's expense account at the time, so I've no idea how much it cost. However, great food, great music and the opportunity to sleep between courses.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Visited a bar once in A'dam where the women shoot dildo's across the room.
Mostlikely the bananenbar.

First of don't start too early drinking, Amsterdam is a big city and the pubs stay way longer open here then in the UK.
Visit other area's then the redlight district.
Don't blow in the middle of the shopping area, it aint a nice smell and I work there :p
Oh don't eat the shoarma, it aint that good in A'dam.

But what are you looking for? culture : go to the Museumplein (tramline 5,2,24 and more)
Try visiting the Anne Frank museum, if you are lucky it aint busy you might get a feeling how it was during WW2.
For drinking try Leidseplein or Rembrandtplein both have a diverant feeling to them.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye Leidseplein is a good area. I usually stay just next to the Vondelpark with friends who live there (its where I used to live).

If the Melkweg is still going that was always good for gigs and beer imo. IT club is a bit mad too ;)

Personally I can't stand the Damrak area. Its all a bit too Blackpool like for me.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
I like the title of this thread.

Makes me feel good about humanity.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Xtro said:
Aye Leidseplein is a good area. I usually stay just next to the Vondelpark with friends who live there (its where I used to live).

If the Melkweg is still going that was always good for gigs and beer imo. IT club is a bit mad too ;)

Personally I can't stand the Damrak area. Its all a bit too Blackpool like for me.
Melkweg is still going on :) IT is closed caus of drugs dealing and fire safety.
Vondelpark is very nice to, though only in the summer. Can't wait for the summer, its a good thing I live just minute away.
What street did you live in Xtro? oh and was ur stay legal ;)

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
mr.Blacky said:
But what are you looking for? culture

Culture is always good, although the lads I'm going with wouldn't know culture if it came up to them, held a big banner in front of thier eyes saying 'Culture, this way ----->'

Well, ok, thats a bit harsh. One of them might!

The plan atm is that we arrive Friday morning, (9am A'dam time) so I'm sure the first day will be herbal, malt, barley and hops. :puke:

I can only guess Friday evening will be visiting ladies of night. :sex:

Saturday will be shopping, relaxing, touring and the infamous culture :m00:

As for the rest of the weekend, Sun & Mon, who knows...

Thanks folks for your suggestions. Thanks to powers of copy/paste, there is a mail winging it's way home right now, with those names and things.

Only 3 days to go!!

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Been some years since I visited A'dam. Had some fun in "Escape". Lots of nice (and easy) girls. Don't know if that place still exists....

leggy

Probably Scottish
Amsterdam is a dump. I'd recommend cancelling your flights and heading to prague.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
leggy said:
Amsterdam is a dump. I'd recommend cancelling your flights and heading to prague.
Prauge is a dump. Corrupt, full of nasty people and rundown. Go to Singapore instead.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
<wonders if he should just stay at home>

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
Talyn said:
The plan atm is that we arrive Friday morning, (9am A'dam time) so I'm sure the first day will be herbal, malt, barley and hops. :puke:
Oh dear oh dear...

Charlie, darlin, please save me, this is raving, take me home to my baby, two bags of mushrooms, room’s mushed up and I need a cradle.

I love that song. :)

'Wanna buy any cocaine?' Am I paranoid? 'YES YOU'RE PARANOID!!!'

Amsterdam's cool... sleazy but cool.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
visit the museums damn it. and don't buy drugs on the street.

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
TdC said:
visit the museums damn it. and don't buy drugs on the street.
I would've thought it pretty obvious that when a vacant-looking old guy who's dressed like a tramp stumbles up to you, mumbling 'ecstacy weed cocaine acid ecstacy weed cocaine acid' like he's forgotten the words to 'Feelgood hit of the summer' by Queens of the Stone Age, you stay well away.

Ziva

Fluffy
Visit the "Sexmuseum" for a laugh imo. It's close to the Central Station and not so big but funny enough :D

And..... get touristic and take a cannalboattrip!!!! :clap:

As for going out, i prefer the Leidseplein above the Rembrandtplein cause it has more, and a wider variety of bars. The Red Light District area also has many nice bars and for you males there is enough to look @ while walking from bar to bar there hehe.

Have a lot of fun next weekend!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Crapola :(

I have to get a 6:30 AM flight out to Amsterdam tomorrow, but not for a drug-hazed fun trip into the oblivion of Amsterdam's redlight district, just for a boring day of business meetings followed by a sober flight home :(

Bastiches :p

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Well, if any of you wants to meet a Freddynoob, you won't get hold of me once i'm out there, as i'm not rich enough to have a fancy phone that works anywhere, but contact me beforehand and we can share a beer or two...

<worries now about open invites and scary people>

Tom

I am a FH squatter
On a lighter note, I'm off to Spain again this weekend :)

Only 3 days this time, doing BAR team now.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ReActor said:
I would've thought it pretty obvious that when a vacant-looking old guy who's dressed like a tramp stumbles up to you, mumbling 'ecstacy weed cocaine acid ecstacy weed cocaine acid' like he's forgotten the words to 'Feelgood hit of the summer' by Queens of the Stone Age, you stay well away.

what? you've met me before? :uhoh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom