Amsterdam - advice :)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Off to the wonderful Dam 2moro afternoon - just thinking - anyone got any tips/advice on cool places to go - its a bit of a stag week/weekend thing so no museums please :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i would also like some. going for my bday in june and wouldnt mind knowing some stuff about some places.
dunno if you are interested in cafes, i heard one of the best is called baby rasta. most of the places you want to be at will be around dam square.
thats all i know btw :D

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I have maps and guides for every coffee shop in the Dam - go google - Amsterdam coffee shop map - its coffeeshop.free.uk or something the link - not searching for it myself as in work atm - some of the shops havent had any comments in 6mnths+ tho so wondering if anyone been lately etc can recommend any.

Dolphins was one of my fave's last time, and one of the Rookerji ones near there...

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Lots of good Bars and Restaurants around Leidseplein..........and it's cheaper than being around Damrak. (not as cheap as the red light district ofc :p )

:)

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
goto the 2 Euro booths! so much fun! haha

cant remember the offical name of the palce ill get my card out when i get home and post it! :)

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Karl said:
goto the 2 Euro booths! so much fun! haha

cant remember the offical name of the palce ill get my card out when i get home and post it! :)

hmm i don't get it enlighten me please! :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Just incase you find a spare moment or two where your actually cohearant enough to absorb something other than dee hurb....

http://www.amsterdam-museums.com/museums.html

http://www.women-traveling.com/Trips/NextYearsTours/2006-Holland.htm

http://www.amsterdam.info/events/

I'm tempted to go myself now (as a non stoner the place has never really appealed to me), though i know if i did my bf would go in to mari j00 arna overload and his head would probably spontaneously combust.

any hoo have fun :D

[edit: agh just read your bit about no museums please dude!! museums are fun!!! go see one lol, the sex one looks great tbh]

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
oooo those pancakes look groovy..

Almost got thrown outta a museum last time I was there - had a new digi camera and you were not supposed to use the flash when taking photo's - didnt realise i had to manually turn it off on each photo so every other photo i took the flash was going off - 1 guard got really pissed with me and my mate - we were both laughing as we hadnt long fallen out of a coffee shop...he was not amused so we put the camera away!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
the Tate in London has a sex section with a man wanking himself off with a boxing glove, pasting his wang with ketchup:p
that was quite funny xD

and there were two blow up sex dolls in 69 postion in the middle of the room lol

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I love the Japanese Pancake World. It's a TINY restaurant, though, but it's easily reachable and it's close to the center of town.

Make sure you get the pancake with the 'fish flakes'. It'll look like the pancake is waving at you. =)

Have fun in Amsterdam. ^_^

Yoshimo

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
no museums please :)
not even the sex museum?
would recommend a place called the banana bar near the red light district. 1 hour all you can drink for 40 euro. and u get to see or take part in some interesting shows for a little extra ( dont worry its all above board stuff )

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Ah yeah - have heard about that place - 1 of the women I work with - her husband ended up in there on someones stag do - and he admitted everything he saw/did...and she didnt muind - fairplay !!

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Don't go to crap places like Leidseplein and Rembrandsplein

Warmoesstraat has some nice pubs

Don't smoke weed, its way to strong for foreigners :p

Remember when you smoke it: if you don't feel anything the first few minutes don'keep on smoking or get totally waisted like the 123123123123 other tourists

tris-

old.windforce said:

Remember when you smoke it: if you don't feel anything the first few minutes don'keep on smoking or get totally waisted like the 123123123123 other tourists

hmm really? ive smoked a lot of really good stuff here, but thanks for the info. do you know what the usual THC content is?

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
old.windforce said:

Erm...seriously...don't worry on that front ;) - there is nothing over there I haven't come across before... lots...

White Dolphin I think it was from Dolphins was my fave last time over, tho the Blueberry from Noon was rather good - won the Cannabis cup in 04 I think..they have a plant growing in the gents toilets behind a screen..

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
Off to the wonderful Dam 2moro afternoon - just thinking - anyone got any tips/advice on cool places to go - its a bit of a stag week/weekend thing so no museums please :)

coffee shops and stuff. that is all :p

and ye the weed is like soo strong compared to uk stuff ive had :) best places i found for atmosphere are around red light district or were sum wierd places sumwhere sumplace in amsterdam ,not really sure were as i spent whole time stoned.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
old.windforce said:
Don't go to crap places like Leidseplein and Rembrandsplein

Warmoesstraat has some nice pubs

ive always found green takes a lil while to kick in. a mate of mine went over there a few years back an said "if you ever go...get some stuff called "misty"...it blows ya tits off!!"...lol

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:

I didnt have any problem with the amsterdam smoke... i suppose it depends how much you smoke into the UK as to how it will effect you... dont get me wrong.. its great quality stuff and a lot cheaper there... but didnt get that much more stonned then i did on the green i buy here... i was just smoking constantly for a week.. thats all ;)

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
yer pritty much, i mean ive smoked loads of dam weed and ive never been there :eek:. dam is just a pilgramage for stoners, its like the, you have to go there once in your life if you class your self as a stoner sort of thing. its like being a muslim and having to go to some place, yer!

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Karl said:
I didnt have any problem with the amsterdam smoke... i suppose it depends how much you smoke into the UK as to how it will effect you... dont get me wrong.. its great quality stuff and a lot cheaper there... but didnt get that much more stonned then i did on the green i buy here... i was just smoking constantly for a week.. thats all ;)
makes sence to me...a true stoner will blast through harsh shit without gettin knocked on there ass....go back 2 years i prob woulda managed....but i think if i was to go over there now an go crazy i'd be off my twat lol
:edit used to be quite a smoker....could quite easy kill a quater to myself a day...for those of u not familiar with the term "quater" its like what....7.2 grams...but out of that would prob make 2 j's an rest would be bongs an lungs....no wonder i cant run more than 80 meters without feelin like my chest is gonna implode......

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
makes sence to me...a true stoner will blast through harsh shit without gettin knocked on there ass....go back 2 years i prob woulda managed....but i think if i was to go over there now an go crazy i'd be off my twat lol
:edit used to be quite a smoker....could quite easy kill a quater to myself a day...for those of u not familiar with the term "quater" its like what....7.2 grams...but out of that would prob make 2 j's an rest would be bongs an lungs....no wonder i cant run more than 80 meters without feelin like my chest is gonna implode......

I dont do bongs anymore really... well once a week possibly if somebody else makes the mix but otherwise no no no, kills me and rinses my ganja!!

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Karl said:
I dont do bongs anymore really... well once a week possibly if somebody else makes the mix but otherwise no no no, kills me and rinses my ganja!!
i personally find i put less in a bong than i do in a J....for a more extreme hit :p

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
i personally find i put less in a bong than i do in a J....for a more extreme hit :p

Well that all depends on what mood im in to be honnes and how soon i am to run out of ganj... if im low i end up makign light spliffs but if i have just picked up its...
welll...

spliff.jpg

Well maybe its got more to do with the fact that i never do bongs alone = a lot of sharing = more ganj used ;) who knows!! I tend to pack my joints quite a bit, but i always pack bongs more...

For a Ganja Use --> How Stoned ratio though im not sure! ill have to measure it.... all i need to do is think up a good way to consistently measure how stoned i am...

Pack of digestives and see how many i eat in one session maybe?... would need a few packs and unlimited drinkage aswell... hmmm.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
well...say u load the bowl of a bong right....an i mean really fuckin load it...pack the fucker down solid so the 1st toke isnt too great....u spend like 2 lung fulls fillin th echamber (dependin on bong size ofc but u get what im sayin) an then rast that...to yaself :p....then another time...put same amount...i.e if u can be bothered do the same with the bong bowl....then instead of blazin it...tip it out the bong an slap it in a biff....u should easy see the difference :p

tris-

the only time i smoke spliifs is if im round my friends, and being in his house ive no choice but to do that. i think they are diiiirrrtyyy. having to pack out with a fag, and the amount of weed you use. baring in mind if your arnt toking it the weed is just sat there burning off.

bong, dont use much at all and get more stoned for longer. and its cleaner imo. speaking of which, i need to buy a new one on friday :(
in the end, i think blunts is where its at.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
the only time i smoke spliifs is if im round my friends, and being in his house ive no choice but to do that. i think they are diiiirrrtyyy. having to pack out with a fag, and the amount of weed you use. baring in mind if your arnt toking it the weed is just sat there burning off.

bong, dont use much at all and get more stoned for longer. and its cleaner imo. speaking of which, i need to buy a new one on friday :(
in the end, i think blunts is where its at.
pack it out with fag?!?! wtf u on dude!!! u only need a smidge of backy to help it burn :p

:edit an ye it is cleaner to an extent...cos it is actualy filtered by water...but if you take into account the ammount of smoke ur crammin into ya lungs at one time i doubt it really makes an awfull lot of difference

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if you smoke something that dont seem right...its horse shit or moss :)

har har

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
well...say u load the bowl of a bong right....an i mean really fuckin load it...pack the fucker down solid so the 1st toke isnt too great....u spend like 2 lung fulls fillin th echamber (dependin on bong size ofc but u get what im sayin) an then rast that...to yaself :p....then another time...put same amount...i.e if u can be bothered do the same with the bong bowl....then instead of blazin it...tip it out the bong an slap it in a biff....u should easy see the difference :p

Yup that could be an easier idea!!! although... i wouldnt get my digestive biscuits!! :)

I actually get very high if i use fag baccy to make my spliffs, usually grind it up with my ganj... not sure but aparently because the baccy burns faster you get more of a THC release into the smoke when you toke... just something i heard once but as Tris said.. if you aint toking its a wasting!

99% of the time use rolling baccy though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom