amount of time left for edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Vodkafairy said:
i don't know why you make that comparison at all, the reason why the edit button was removed on the entire forum does not count for the trading section at all and it makes it much harder and confusing to hold auctions

i don't know where, what, or why you post here but if the removal of the edit button has a significant decrease in usability of a board you post in then surely you would want it to be changed back?

xane- yes i could do that, but the trading forums are there for a reason aren't they?

Um, the edit button was never there forever. It always timed out after a period of time so how did you get around it then?

It is a global setting and not per forum.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Deebs said:
Um, the edit button was never there forever. It always timed out after a period of time so how did you get around it then?

It is a global setting and not per forum.

well i could always edit my post once one or more items were added/removed from the list, now that doesn't work anymore

afaik there was a timer on the edit button and once it elapsed the 'this message has been edited etc' would show up, which i have no problems with at all

edit- oh yes i remember now, that was quite frustrating aswell but the timer was like 2 days

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Was there ever an actual problem that came about as a result of allowing people BW style endless edit rights?

If there was, I can only assume it must have been those unreliable non-DAoC types. Because we never noticed any issues in the DAoC section. ;)

At the end of the day I don't mind too much either way - since the extra posts that get generated as a result of edit limitations don't get paid for on my database dollar, and I'm not one of the mods who ends up maintaining *all* the raid announcement threads (thanks Fing!).

But it is hard to see what problem this is supposed to solve.

/shrug

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Deebs said:

It never timed out on BW - or if it did, it didn't happen to me before at least six months (which is the longest I can remember running a thread for).

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Arindra said:
If there was, I can only assume it must have been those unreliable non-DAoC types. Because we never noticed any issues in the DAoC section. ;)

Irrelevant. You're talking about the same bunch of people that thought displaying post counts was essential, and that limiting sig lengths was "out of order".

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Arindra said:
It never timed out on BW - or if it did, it didn't happen to me before at least six months (which is the longest I can remember running a thread for).
It so did.

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
MYstIC G said:
It so did.

If you say so - I guess my memory of the good old days must be fading.

You know, back when food tasted better, and we got proper weather.....

Chilly

Balls of steel
Swift^ said:
Why must DAoCers think it is acceptable to have one rule for them, and one rule for everyone else?

Deal with it.
Thats just balls and you know it, there is a good reason to have full edit functionality on the trading boards but your obviously too slow to realise and the daoc hate is too strong in you to be bothered to go and look because of COURSE anyone who plays daoc is a complete retard. shut your bloody pie hole.

gahhhhhh

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Chilly said:
Thats just balls and you know it, there is a good reason to have full edit functionality on the trading boards but your obviously too slow to realise and the daoc hate is too strong in you to be bothered to go and look because of COURSE anyone who plays daoc is a complete retard. shut your bloody pie hole.

gahhhhhh

English please. Take a breathe when you speak (type), it really makes it a lot easier to communicate what you're trying to say. Currently you sound like a toddler speaking off as quickly as he can.

The validity of the edit function may be required there, I did not say "you have no reason to have the edit function for a longer period": I was simply asking why DAoCers, like yourself, think it is ok for you to abide by one set of rules, and us by another? Your incredibly offensive jump to insult me goes to show why I said what I did: you all behave like children when you can't get what you want. Stop it, deal with it. The edit time will not change just for you. Life's a bitch.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I re read my post and there is not (afaik) a single typo and someone correct me if i am wrong but the meaning was very clear, no?

OK, i will make it CLEARER for you then. I do not expect to be goverend by a different set of rules to you, and most of the people who post on the daoc boards are the same, just because theres lots of us and the posts are about a game you (probably) know little or nothing about and thus the threads are meaningless to you does NOT mean wer all spammers and idiots who intentionally make your experience of these boards crap. Im sorry to carry on theis bollocks daoc Vs everyone else thing but what you said earlier was utterly wrong.

In the case of the trading boards for daoc (and possibly other areas of the boards) the edit functionality is required or at least a workaround so that posting a list of items for sale/trade isnt such a nightmare.

You automatically jumped in and slurred the daoc people because we demand a different set of rules.

PLEASE do not be such a nearsighted person, why not think before you say such things?

and i shall withdraw from this thread now because im sure people are getting tired of this daoc shite.

Toodle pip

Will

/bin/su
This isn't the place for the old old old General vs. DAoC arguements.

Locked.:twak:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom