Amiga Forever

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
another good game was dungeon... something, u had 4 chars, and moved around a dungeon and could make spells up out of symbols for light, fireball, etc, and had fighters, and u hurt your self if u ran into a wall, lol, ah the amiga had some good old games, cannon fodder, civilisation, brutal sports, speed ball, monkey island lol, simon the sorc :p, etc etc, theres one i just cant name.. u was a robot type thing, and u had to take over other robots, u started as this little black diamond shaped thing, and just had to find your way through lvls, u could take over like tanks, etc, u was on some space ship, never did finish that, oh and Xenon 2 was good lol

Vardadringion

Fledgling Freddie
Healer McHeal said:
another good game was dungeon... something, u had 4 chars, and moved around a dungeon and could make spells up out of symbols for light, fireball, etc, and had fighters, and u hurt your self if u ran into a wall, lol, ah the amiga had some good old games, cannon fodder, civilisation, brutal sports, speed ball, monkey island lol, simon the sorc :p, etc etc, theres one i just cant name.. u was a robot type thing, and u had to take over other robots, u started as this little black diamond shaped thing, and just had to find your way through lvls, u could take over like tanks, etc, u was on some space ship, never did finish that, oh and Xenon 2 was good lol

.. That was Dungeon Master .. :D LOVE that games as well .. Here it is for all of you to download.

.. Just have to give you this link for all us LOTR fans out there .. Here is War In Middle Earth .. Enjoy .. :D

.. And a little something what i'm doing right now with the WinUAE:

wb31.jpg

ED: DH0: is Harddrive on the Amiga so no more swapping all those floppies .. hehe ..

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Oh my, the memories. The games sites wont work for me :( Although I've downloaded the emulator.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Have just gotten em to work, I cut off the end of the tag and then clicked to enter instead, downloading loads as we speak :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Have finally downloaded a load of games and the emulator, but now I have a problem with the program. What file so I use as the kickstart ROM? I get the following error:

No Kickstart ROM found with the name kick.rom, trying default locations...

So it goes off and uses the files I've put in DF0/DF1 but then it just comes up as a blank screen :(

Basically, what changes am I supposed to make in there to load each ROM?

Vardadringion

Fledgling Freddie
Vardadringion said:
.. Some of you have PM me about having trouble setting up the WinUAE, so i made a tiny userguide that you can download here.

.. Hope this will help most of you .. If not, please do contact me again ..

.. Happy gaming .. :D :D

.. Try this one Kirennia ..

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Ahhh, I'm just missing the kickstart roms, thats why I keep messing up, time to go 'buy' some ;)

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Vardadringion said:
.. That was Dungeon Master .. :D LOVE that games as well .. Here it is for all of you to download.

.. Just have to give you this link for all us LOTR fans out there .. Here is War In Middle Earth .. Enjoy .. :D

.. And a little something what i'm doing right now with the WinUAE:

***Big ugly WB screen***

ED: DH0: is Harddrive on the Amiga so no more swapping all those floppies .. hehe ..

Euuwww DUDE! Have you never heard of AIAB?

http://aiab.emuunlim.com/

Pre-set up workbench 3.11 with MagicWB and all the rest of the lovley gubbins that comes with it. Can install games to HD etc and it looks sexeh, how WB should look! *sigh* I miss my A1200 with 1gig HD (Back in the day I thought I would NEVER fill that up).

Vardadringion

Fledgling Freddie
Gef said:
Euuwww DUDE! Have you never heard of AIAB?

http://aiab.emuunlim.com/

Pre-set up workbench 3.11 with MagicWB and all the rest of the lovley gubbins that comes with it. Can install games to HD etc and it looks sexeh, how WB should look! *sigh* I miss my A1200 with 1gig HD (Back in the day I thought I would NEVER fill that up).

.. Will look at it as soon as possible .. hehe

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
im the only got an amiga cd32?
was the first console with 32 bit *proud*

games i remember playing was james pond (completed it), super frog (completed too), alfred the chicken (didnt completed), ofc lemmings :p, liked to play Rp game about the gods loki, thor and odins (cant remember what it called) and my favrit game was a game bout a little boy with a big club there should safe his father :)

Jerioth

Fledgling Freddie
Ahhhh Amiga gotta love em

I still got a draw full of old amiga games. There were some truely classic games :)

Anyone ever played Wild Cup Soccer?

That was one of my favorites, anyone seen a rom of it kicking around?

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble Bobble was the best!! Even had that on my C64 :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Lejemorder said:
liked to play Rp game about the gods loki, thor and odins (cant remember what it called) and my favrit game was a game bout a little boy with a big club there should safe his father :)

Heimdall? :D

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Jerioth said:
Ahhhh Amiga gotta love em

I still got a draw full of old amiga games. There were some truely classic games :)

Anyone ever played Wild Cup Soccer?

That was one of my favorites, anyone seen a rom of it kicking around?

If you have the disks still you can make your own ROM's just have a rummage round on google for some tutorials, its fairly simple to do but you need some expertise in making cables!

If that fails there is a huge library of ROM's always on usenet, quick search in alt.binaries.warez.amiga reveals:

Commodore Amiga - CAPS (TOSEC-v0.07) - Flood - [File 297/319] - "Wild Cup Soccer (1994)(Millennium)[0229].zip" yEnc (*/2) - 1003K

But remember kids if you dont own the original dont download it!

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
I still have Amiga hooked and every once in a while i gotta refresh those sweet memories.

Gauntlet 2, Battle Squadron, Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, Into The Eagle's Nest and many more... those were the times of simple and addictive games... :mad:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lejemorder said:
im the only got an amiga cd32?
was the first console with 32 bit *proud*

games i remember playing was james pond (completed it), super frog (completed too), alfred the chicken (didnt completed), ofc lemmings :p, liked to play Rp game about the gods loki, thor and odins (cant remember what it called) and my favrit game was a game bout a little boy with a big club there should safe his father :)

I had the first retail CD32 in Europe as my cousin was working for Commodore at the time and managed to snag on 3 weeks before release with that daft game where you dug tunnels for hours :D

As for Amiga in a Box, awesome just awesome. Workbench at 1600x1200 is just lovely.

I think the Amiga had more all time classic games than any other system in history, when you look at the list of games so many good memories come flooding back.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Anyone remember Chuck Rock? and Chuck Rock 2 ?

Just thinking of it makes me laugh :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
can't believe I thought the graphics were good back then!

Anyone remember Zool? The best music in any amiga game ever

Vardadringion

Fledgling Freddie
.. Yeah, remeber Zool, but i cannot remeber the music .. Must see if i can find the music somewhere ..

.. And yes the graphics now are crappy, but back then, it was good hehe ..

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Pah, who needs an emulator when u own a pc so old it was practically new when these came out. Yes i still own a 486 and it still works (i kid you not, keeping that thing going has cost me my mental health and any chance of getting a girlfriend). I prob still have all those wonderful games somewhere on Floppy disk (yes, games did come on floppy at one stage kiddies, hell, i own one of the first games to come out on CD, thats how old and sad i am),

But these bring back memories.........mostly of missed oppertunities with girls. Download at your risk children, for once you start, you will be hooked forever. :D

"Wow, never before have i seen somthing as ugly as you without paying an admission fee!"

Vardadringion

Fledgling Freddie
.. Well, i bought my first C64 back in 84, so i guess you were like 5 years old back then kid .. My second machine was an Amiga 500 and i bought that one in 86 or 87 i guess .. Still got that one .. Beat that :D

.. My first PC was a super fast 386sx 25mhz with 2 MB ram and a huge 20MB hdd, with a 256k Ram display adapter .. Remember i bought 2x128k ram chips to boost it to a wopping 512k memory .. Then i had 256 colors on my windows 3.1 WOW !!!!

.. I guess i bought that PC in the early 90s ..

.. Have to say, i missed out on many girls just because of my Amiga .. But, hey .. Isn't Amiga spanish for girlfriend or something like that ?? .. :p

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Wow, u are an old git (olde than me at any rate) cool. As the saying goes, "old gamers dont die, they just restart from the last save" again, not quite sure where that came from. Everything from the C64 is pretty typical of my computing history, only the dates have changed.

Gotta admit though, the 486 now needs retiring. Cant get the parts to keep it going, and i cant find a good enough reason to keep it collecting dust.

Still, bring on Middle Earth Online (Or a decent roleplay game) and i will be happy.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
only game I remember playing on the 486, apart from D00M, was Warlords2 and Colonization.

But onto the amiga again - just thinking about it brings up so many good memories... Monkeh Island, fitting on an insane amout of dics's

I had an Amiga 600, with a whopping 2 meg of ram, and a 20MB HD.

I could save on the HD!

I also remember a top down shoot em up game, Dogs of War.... only great because you could buy 20 different types of guns, and play it two player

Vardadringion

Fledgling Freddie
.. Dogs Of War was great .. Plenty weapons to buy yes .. And two player fun .. :D

.. And, i remeber my first EVER multiplayer game with two computers .. Got hold of a 0 modem cabel and hocked up two Amigas and played Stunt Car Racer with my little brothers .. WOW .. :D :D

stuntcarracer.jpg

dwarfdeep

Fledgling Freddie
Pah keep getting forbidden (403) errors.

Anyone got a link for Heimdall 2? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom