American sports

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
So we do like footy here, but what about American sports. Which sports and which teams do you like? The ice hockey season is well under way, as is the NBA season. My teams the Chicago Black Hawks and the Chicago Bulls are having an indifferent season so far :s

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
NBA ... well... I used to play Basketball myself, so I`m naturally interested in NBA.

Never got the hang of American Football. I watched some College team games a while ago and it boiled down to a lot of people taking ages to gather up... then they clashed into each other... then a ref stopped the game and they started over. The NFL teams occasionally get a real game going, but it´s still WAY too much downtime.

And the absolute horror for europeans is Baseball. I never know what the f*ck is going on on the court. All I see is a dude throwing a ball, another dude trying to hit it with a bat and then running off like hell. Damn intellectual game! :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Only follow NHL, Detroit Red Wings. I always watch Super bowl tho but thats more of a tradition than interest in the sport :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Only american sport I can be bother to watch is the NFL..

And I'm a Patriots fan :D

/hides

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
And the absolute horror for europeans is Baseball. I never know what the f*ck is going on on the court. All I see is a dude throwing a ball, another dude trying to hit it with a bat and then running off like hell. Damn intellectual game! :)

its rounders

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Only follow NHL, Detroit Red Wings. I always watch Super bowl tho but thats more of a tradition than interest in the sport :)

Red wings here too, love ice hockey. Wish it'd take off as well as it has over in usa in uk.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
always was rather partial to NBA, used to watch it on TV all the time when i was a kid and could stay up late, now im an old git im usually asleep by 9 :(

ice hockey looks fun too, especially when they all trounce eachother lol.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Do not really watch NFL or NBA when i do i normally watch Patriots. I do like to watch the NCAAF and like the Gators but i will watch most games if i have time.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
NFL. Used to watch it a lot when it was on Ch4. Inc a few late night superbowls.

Steelers all the way :worthy:

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Spent the summer in Boston this summer so i was firmly indoctrinated as a Pats and Celtics fan! I was in Boston when the Celtics won...went out partying in the streets it was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! Pierce was just outstanding

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I spent the summer in Boston, the Celtics won...went out partying in the streets, it was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!. So I am firmly indoctrinated as a Pats and Celtics fan!

I think that edit makes more sense ;D

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
True but SHHHHHHHH i want to pretend like i was always a fan and your ruining it man! :p

CorNokZ

no you cant be seriouse ?
next you'll be telling me your a FcK fan as well ?

I have my season ticket to Parken, so yeah, I'm a Fck fan ;)

Irritated that aab is making a Herfølge atm? :D

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I try to follow the NFL season when i can and ive seen the superbowl the last 3-4 years... i sometimes catch an NBA game if i happen to zap by it on the telly (more for the commentators then the game itself)... cant say i have a favorite team, but i dont mind if San Diego wins a few games and im quite impressed with the way New Orleans have played the last few years.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Aab ?
why would i care what Aab are doing ?
but I'd take Aab over Fck any day...

as for the nfl,
It's always been Packers & NyG and especially when they beat the likes of Patriots, Colts and the Cowboys :p

CorNokZ

Are you not from Aalborg? :confused:

But Packers? Enjoy your cheesehead!
Img91.gif

CorNokZ

That too, yes.. Not a hardcore fan, but I'm rooting for them whenever I stumble upon one of their games and I always hope they win the league

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Lacrosse all the way :p

YouTube - Oregon Lacrosse Highlights 2007 MCLA Tournament

fast, aggresive and damn fun to play :p
´

Even with the music, it still seems sort of.... gay.
Never played, and it's probably fun, it just all looks alittle... well, gay.

I do enjoy watching the NFL. Long time 49'ers fan. Too bad it all went down hill after they got rid of Owens & Garcia, Hearst got old and they traded the ubar CB's.

CorNokZ

´

I do enjoy watching the NFL. Long time 49'ers fan. Too bad it all went down hill after they got rid of Owens & Garcia, Hearst got old and they traded the ubar CB's.

FagJack! How are you mate? You are greatly missed these days :D

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
FagJack! How are you mate? You are greatly missed these days :D

Well, been very busy playing WAR, and until last saturday working stupidly hard getting ready for a fight. Which means, now that it's done; i'm eating everything in sight ;) 3 weeks with NO sweets was killing me.

CorNokZ

All I've heard of WAR was: "It's fun at first, but then I found out how shit it is.."

Did you win your fight btw? :)

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
All I've heard of WAR was: "It's fun at first, but then I found out how shit it is.."

Did you win your fight btw? :)

WAR has it flaws, such as BAD implementation of a good idea with the collision detection, making people warp all over the place if you cut them off. Class ballance issues, and a few bugs. But honestly, i see the potential. And the open RvR i've found the last 2 days has been good fun.
If they just fix a few of the, for me, gamebreaking bugs, they have a great game.

ofc, have to represent the OTN. ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
´

dont knock it until you've tried it :D

its like ice tea, but much more exciting, played all over denmark too :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom