American Football

M

millerdog088

What is your favorite team? For me the 49ers. Does anyone play football? I do.

A

adams901

you mean real football as in kick the ball with your feet, or the kind of football where you run around with the ball in your arms? ;)

S

Scooba Da Bass

I play football, I like playing in midfield, where do you play? Are you a goalie?

M

millerdog088

Well... Goalie is for Soccer. Iam from america. Iam talking about run with the ball tackle a guy break his legs Football.

M

Miles_Binck

American Football is the 'americanised' version of Rugby

ie pussies to scared of gettin hit so they wear body armour.

and yes I have played both

D

darthshearer

American "football" guys with small willies and who wear more armour than a rhino and run 2 yards then have a "Commercial" break so they can take more steriods!

D

danger

I watched American football once... maybe you can clear something up... right a load of blokes line up.. chuck the ball between their legs... then the quarterback gets it and he chucks it to a bloke on his team... the guy catches it... but why doesn't he run and try to score? He just sorta stopped where he was threw the ball down and went off to hug his teammates... that confused me :(

S

silverthorn

Was it something to do with the 5 defenders hanging off him? :p

Scottish Claymores fan myself from NFL Europe but always been a Rams fan :D

oh.. and as we're on American sport... Ice Hockey HAS to be the LA Kings

GOD... I'm getting... Americanised...
next thing I'll be talking about weiners and Dairy Queen, Taco Bell and how I'm suing Kraft for making me obese! :p ;)

...and don't worry Miller, we'll have you taking about Footie, Rugby, birds, booze, John Smiths and Johnny Vegas in no time, you'll be anglified before you know it :D

D

darthshearer

John Smiths!!!!

No No Stop it Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

E

Embattle

I remember staying up once to watch the Superbowl and it lasted 4 hours, the game time was only 1 hour.....that is American Ruby for you ;)

S

Scouse

American Football = Teh rugby for girls

Used to watch a fair bit of it - but frankly it's a pile of shit. However - what do you expect from the most xenophobic nation in the world?

If they got stuck in with the worlds most globally recognised sport - football - then they'd have really high-class winning teams (with 250+ million people to choose from that's kinda obvious).

But no. They have their "world series" which consists of lots of yank teams and maybe one from canada or japan? :)

D

darthshearer

Originally posted by silverthorn
Nookie Brown? Is that better Darth?

Nah man

Guinness Hmmmmmm :drink:

Although its better in Ireland

S

silverthorn

That's cos they give you a knife and fork to eat it with its so thick over there :D

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Packer fan.

Ex

Charnwood Beacons, London Monarchs follower.

American bowl vet:)

I still go and watch the outlaws in Nottingham when i have the time.

Would go and watch the loughbough aces, but i can't stand students, just a shame i can't avoid the imature buggers in online gamming forums:/

Pointless actually discussing american football with closed minds, those that don't want to know just keep ganking up on anyone who bothers to even try, iv'e seen it time after time.:) (this would also be exaggerated in this forums, as demonstrated above :rolleyes:)

Something to do with spam, which begs the question why ain't they posting at jolt? or are they upperclass spammers, too good for jolts obvious 13 year old age group.(im thinking 17-21 year old age group, the ones that like to pretend there all fun loving party beer swelling go'ers, and they somehow find the time to fit there forum/online/gamming life somwhere in the middle:D)

Needless to say though, american football is 100% totally different to rugby, apart from the shape of the football.

For the people like Miles_Binck though, im a little bit shocked he doesn't know the difference between a load of knackerd blokes running around on a rugby for the length of a game, compared to a fully fit line of players lining up for a short 5-10 second down play.

Needless to say the Intensity of such a thing is 10 fold of whats seen in a rugby game at it's hights.

Explains the body protection some what.

Have fun with the thread kids, im sure you will have so good 'ol Lols and rofls in Irc tonight. (Sorry i mean Pub)

M

mank!

Originally posted by darthshearer
Guinness Hmmmmmm :drink:

Although its better in Ireland

heh. Just come back from Ireland and the Guinness is so unbelievably nice over there. I'm emigrating.

American 'Football' sucks cock, incidentally.

M

millerdog088

For Girls?

I wouldnt exactly say for girls. I bet you not one of the "Famous Rugby" players would last a minute playing American Football. The guys weigh over 300 lbs. I dont know what that would translate into for your cultures. But, they would knock the crap out of you. Most of them are over 2 meters tall!

S

silverthorn

YAWN :sleeping:

ah... but rugby players are over 2 metres WIDE... AND TALL ;)

...and anyway, the Fridge was just a f@t b@stard

S

Sir Frizz

Just seen Remember The Titans, and uh...i really would love to give American Football a shot. :) Even though i'd say Rugby is the single shittest sport in the UK, bar Cricket.

R

Rubber Bullets

Re: For Girls?

Originally posted by millerdog088
I wouldnt exactly say for girls. I bet you not one of the "Famous Rugby" players would last a minute playing American Football. The guys weigh over 300 lbs. I dont know what that would translate into for your cultures. But, they would knock the crap out of you. Most of them are over 2 meters tall!

The two games are very different thats all. I used to love American football when it was shown in this country, and was a keen Redskins fan.

What you say above is bollocks though.

Not all of an American football team are over 300lb are they? Running backs? Don't think so. There are big rugby players and smaller ones, each have a job to do and a place on the field.

The fact is that we have 2 meter tall 300lb people in this country, and mostly they don't play rugby, because you have to run around too much.

Your linebacks and linemen could probably bulldoze most top rugby forwards, but only if they could catch them, which they wouldn't. Our guys are fitter now than at any time, and are able to keep running for most of 80 minute games. You guys only play for an hour and that is strung out so long that people can have meal breaks, and short naps during the game.

Face it, your big guys are only good at stopping other big guys getting past, for very short periods of time. They like to call themselves athletes but they do not have the stamina or the speed needed to play rugby, just as top rugby players do not have the sheer bulk or lack of brains to play lineback :)

Outside of the scrimmage it is different, with much faster and agile players running and tackling, just like rugby. Of course there is only so hard people in this situation can run into each other, and so I'd rather be in full body armour and helmet, than in a little light padding like the rugby players. who's tougher in that situation?

s

M

millerdog088

300 LBS

On every team there are at LEAST 5 guys who are over 300 lbs. Running Back are usually 220 lbs or more. kickers are usually 200 and those are the smallest guys on the field who dont play but 2 seconds of the game. The second smallest would be a Quarter Back they range from 210 lbs to 250 lbs. The biggest guy is the linemen wich range from 290 lbs to 400. The Packers had a guy who was 410 lbs.
If rugy players are 2 meters tall and wide then they arent going to fast at all. The are just FAT. American Football players would just pound those wussies into the ground and go home cryin to their mommy!! :)

M

mank!

I have an unhealthy desire to unleash some English football 'fans' on an American Football match. Anyone with me?

M

mank!

You do know what English football fans are like, right?

S

stu

img5827407.jpg

Fig 1: Arguably the world's most famous American Football player

0,,1806390,00.jpeg

Fig 2: Arguably the world's most famous Rugby player

Here endeth the lesson

M

mank!

<ignorant twat>

That's Jonah Lomu right?

</ignorant twat>

S

Sir Frizz

For a moment he looked like Mo Greene. :)

But really, is the Football player a rep for McDonalds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom