America Does it Again...

P

pez

to be fair though i know a number of english people and 1 scottish person who thought the same :s

O

old.Dillinja

All hail the greatest nation on Earth!

I

iluvatur

lol .. the elusive sheep intestines.... a rare treat indeed!!

R

--Random--

urr, in fairness tho its not even remotely in they're culture, so why should they know? thats like them asking us what a sloppy joe is.. i've heard of it but havnt the faintest idea whats in it. for all i know it could be made of.. hedgehog meat.

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by --Random--
urr, in fairness tho its not even remotely in they're culture, so why should they know? thats like them asking us what a sloppy joe is.. i've heard of it but havnt the faintest idea whats in it. for all i know it could be made of.. hedgehog meat.

It's a burger, I think. Who cares anyway? The majority of yanks don't know a thing about any other culture except their own, we don't need evidence to prove that.

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
It's a burger, I think. Who cares anyway? The majority of yanks don't know a thing about any other culture except their own, we don't need evidence to prove that.

well thats being sterotypical but since i h8 america sure they r :D

S

swords

I dont know whats in a Sloppy joe but i shure as hell know you cant go out hunting it with a rifle...and i doubt you get many Sloppy Joe hunting tours arranged...

R

--Random--

would you wanna know about other peoples cultures if you already had the best one?

O

old.Dillinja

would you wanna know about other peoples cultures if you already had the best one?

That's a matter of opinion.

T

Tasans

Get a map and ask a yank to point the areas they are bombing atm. Half of them would fail miserably.

A

Ala

LMFAO!

If you came to Australia to 'hunt sloppy joes' they'd lock u up in a psych ward!! Here a sloppy joe is just a - jumper/pullover/sweater...... seriously :rolleyes:

A

Asha

no you don't need evidence or knowledge or to know what the fuck you're talking about.

America is a nation made up of a vast amount of cultures. I have to say that Americans have a huge interest in other cultures compaired with many people I met in Europe. You really don't know what you're talking about.

Originally posted by Tasans Get a map and ask a yank to point the areas they are bombing atm. Half of them would fail miserably. [/b]

Most of the people I met in the UK had no clue where New York and Washington DC are - they vaguely knew where Florida is because they went to Disney. You can find ignorance anywhere you look for it.

However, I think the Americans were taking the piss in that survey. We know what haggis is, certainly the people traveling all the way to Scotland have sufficient intrest in Scotland to know what a Haggis is. Looks like the joke is on you.

X

XeffoInfil

rofl, the fate of the world is in the hands of these pepole

B

boni_ofdavoid

How would you know you had the best culture if you didnt know anything about anyone elses...

R

Ravenbourne

If you cant buy it or eat it your bomb it. Come to America a Nation built on genocide. <USA tourist Board>

L

leoric

When they gonna build a terminator so it can kill all the Americans, Then hopefully it will realise how nice we are this side of the world, And do my washing up and ironing and that :)

S

swords

it woulnt wokr...they'll make him a Govener and he woulnt have time to Terminate anything...

X

XeffoInfil

Originally posted by swords
it woulnt wokr...they'll make him a Govener and he woulnt have time to Terminate anything...

ROFL

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Asha

America is a nation made up of a vast amount of cultures. I have to say that Americans have a huge interest in other cultures compaired with many people I met in Europe. You really don't know what you're talking about.

Nothing wrong with that, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in any other countries cultures, does that make me a bad person? I don't think so, im just content with what I have.

P

pez

its not really american stupidity thats the danger its the collective patriotic blindness and inability to criticise the government that is the problem

C

Ceap

anyone see king of the hill last night? was all abouit the 2000 election, with Hank Hill voting for Bushy... couldn't work out if was satirical or serious (was 2am gimme a break) but ill settle for the former, due to the OTT nature of the program.

btw who killed kennedy? i missed the docu on it and havent watched the div-X version yet

O

old.Dillinja

The same person who killed Kennedy 40 years ago... Lee Harvey Oswald.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom