Books Amazon's kindle cloud reader

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Struggling to see the point tbh; its not like ebooks are large files.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Struggling to see the point tbh; its not like ebooks are large files.

It's so Amazon can offer Kindle support on the IPad while at the same time bypassing Apple control &restrictions for programs on the App Store, and not forgetting Apples 30% margins.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Handy for me cos I can't install the PC version on work PCs

I think the main reason for it's existence though, is to get round the restrictions apple have on the ipad

DaGaffer

It's so Amazon can offer Kindle support on the IPad while at the same time bypassing Apple control &restrictions for programs on the App Store, and not forgetting Apples 30% margins.

Much easier solution. Avoid Apple.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
wait till the iphone5 and ipad3 come out later in the year. All we'll here on the news will be Apple this, Apple that...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
They aren't though Lamp - Apple haven't announced any new products, and they traditionally do that in July.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They aren't though Lamp - Apple haven't announced any new products, and they traditionally do that in July.

I do not recall Apple announcing the latest round of hardware refresh that came out until launch day.

Anyway, nothing can beat the tech that dedicated ebook readers use for screens. I wouldn't dream of reading a book on a LCD/LED type display.

Starman

Part of the furniture
I couldn't agree more deebs. Eye ink screens are much better for text clarity and reduced eye strain.

DaGaffer

Anyway, nothing can beat the tech that dedicated ebook readers use for screens. I wouldn't dream of reading a book on a LCD/LED type display.

I couldn't agree more deebs. Eye ink screens are much better for text clarity and reduced eye strain.

I read using a tablet every single day, its absolutely fine. e-ink's benefits aren't reduced eye-strain, they're improved battery life and easier daylight viewing. The flipside being I can do a shitload more "stuff" with a tablet than a dedicated e-reader.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I read using a tablet every single day, its absolutely fine. e-ink's benefits aren't reduced eye-strain, they're improved battery life and easier daylight viewing. The flipside being I can do a shitload more "stuff" with a tablet than a dedicated e-reader.

I find e-ink far easier to read from than any kind of backlit screen. I've tried reading on my phone, I've tried it on my laptop and I've tried it on my work monitor. It's just so much easier with the Kindle. Whether or not a tablet is "fine" for extended reading, I don't know. But e-ink is not just "fine", it's excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom