Amazing numbers on the EU servers

Tempra

Fledgling Freddie
Holy shet this made me laugh lol

First im not from the US. I have several chars and 3 accounts on excal so...

I simply play there sence the lack of ppl on EU..Some said 1500 cant even remember when there was 1500, beside when classic server came and capped 3k ever day.

2nd ye was 69ppl or something on when i looked but there sure as hell were no 1500 the eve before.

183 on excal right now WOW!!! few months ago there were 200 in the early mornings, Anyways it is just numbers and personally i dont give a jack..Just made me curious wtf was going on the EU servers. Sence it was not the 1st time i looked on the population....

And it there now was 1500 im sure 400 is bots, 500 is PL thinks 300 farm artis and 200 crafts and farm just general crap, while 100 do rvr with 50% ppl afk...

Nothing new, nothing changed...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Tempra said:
First im not from the US. I have several chars and 3 accounts on excal so...

-snip-

Nothing new, nothing changed...
population = excal + prywden

Current population at 11:06 when most people are at work/school/uni
Pry = 120
Excal = 195
Total Population of Excal/Pry cluster = 315

Population of Bossiney at Tuesday 12:00 US (approx numbers as they are read of a graph)
Ector = 97
Lamrock = 200
Gareth = 200
Total Population of Ector/Lamrock/Gareth cluster = 497

A more realistic comparison would be Glastonbury x 3 since the Bossiney cluster is on the classic ruleset and excal/pry are normal servers;
Glastonbury population at Tuesday 12:00 GMT = 150
150 x 3 = 450

not exactly a huge difference tbh :p

Source(s):
http://daoc.darkzone.net
http://www.camelotherald.com

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Tempra said:
And it there now was 1500 im sure 400 is bots, 500 is PL thinks 300 farm artis and 200 crafts and farm just general crap, while 100 do rvr with 50% ppl afk...

Well, in Alb roughly 40-45% of people are in the frontiers each night, looking at the difference between /who and /who nf.

So, if 300 are online in Alb, about 120-140 are in the frontier. If we assume that all have bots which are not anon (which is far from true, and many bots are anon), that'd mean 60-70 albs in RvR. As we often see guardspam of more than 40-60 enemies when keeps are under attack, I'm guessing there are more than 100 people in RvR!

I'd say no more than 1 in 3 people have bots in RvR at any one time, this would be enough for buffs for everyone, and I know from experience that not everyone is buffed by far. However, we'll assume that everyone is. That would mean we're now talking of 90-105 albs alone in RvR, that aren't /anon.

I'm guessing the % in the frontiers is slightly higher in the other realms, as they manage to field greater numbers in siege combat than Alb does defending frequently, though they have lower overall numbers. However, if we assumed each realm has only 50% of the numbers of Alb (and they have more), and that they have the same % that Alb has in the frontiers, that's another 90-105 mids and hibs in RvR, for a total of 180-210 non /anon in RvR.

Obviously, my rather conservative estimations still have well over twice as many people in the frontier as you guessed. In practice I expect to see nearly half the server in the frontier (or battlegrounds) in the evening. 800 odd on Excal and 300 odd on Prydwen is not unusual when I log on around 8pm on a weeknight, so that'd be around 500 in the frontier.

300 farming arties is unlikely, as most people just get their arties on the occasional artie raid, which whilst it can pull in 100 in Alb, only does so far about 3 hours a raid, and they aren't even weekly.

PL groups are far, far rarer than most people believe. Only got to look at the % of people under 30 who are in PL spots to see that. Most, you'll find, are in places appropriate for their level (ie rubbish for PL), at least in Alb.

Why are you trying to say you know more about the numbers and activities of the Euro servers than those who play them ?

Darzil

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Darzil said:
Well, in Alb roughly 40-45% of people are in the frontiers each night, looking at the difference between /who and /who nf.

Why are you trying to say you know more about the numbers and activities of the Euro servers than those who play them ?

Darzil
im quite impressed you managed to do all that at this time of the morning :D

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Population of Bossiney at Tuesday 12:00 US (approx numbers as they are read of a graph)
Ector = 97
Lamrock = 200
Gareth = 200
Total Population of Ector/Lamrock/Gareth cluster = 497

Maybe you should be looking at early hours US, as he wants to tell us that there are always more on Bossiney (DAoC Lite, sorry Classic) cluster than on Excal/Pryd cluster. After all 12:00 US is more like 6pm UK, 7pm Euro, approaching prime time for us.

Darzil

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Besides, even if you ignore real numbers like the OP did, if you want big population we can always just roll on Avalon. 600 ppl there at the moment (twice the exc+pry cluster), and you don't even need to buy a new account!

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
A more realistic comparison would be Glastonbury x 3 since the Bossiney cluster is on the classic ruleset and excal/pry are normal servers;
Glastonbury population at Tuesday 12:00 GMT = 150
150 x 3 = 450

That comparison simply doesn't work - or do you really think there would be 150 players in each 3 English Classic server? Where would the extra 2 x 150 come from?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
That comparison simply doesn't work - or do you really think there would be 150 players in each 3 English Classic server? Where would the extra 2 x 150 come from?

It also doesn't work because a number of Europeans went to the US when they brought in Classic servers, which boosted the numbers on Classic there, and reduced the potential numbers here.

Darzil

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Tempra said:

Are you a bot or something? From reading your post history, it almost appears so. All your posts on FH so far are whine posts about how bad the game is or how low the number is (which - of course - is a result of how bad the game is). The only exception to this are your 3 replies in the RVR section, where you´re whining about stealthers.

However, fear not! Deep inside you, there´s wisdom and truth. I might not surface too often and you might find it hard to spot it at times, but if you succeed, the intellectual pearls are shining brighter as ever. For example in this
reply, where you say:

Dont like the game quit it.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
It also doesn't work because a number of Europeans went to the US when they brought in Classic servers, which boosted the numbers on Classic there, and reduced the potential numbers here.

Darzil
What does this have to do with comparing the current numbers? It answers the question "why" but doesn't change the numbers at all and therefore it is totally irrelevant for comparision? Or did I miss your point? :p

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Saggy said:
ok ok, i was being lazy here is a more accurate representation for you
Fair point :), wasnt really thinking particularly :p
still doesnt change the fact that the german server salisbury alone has 445 peope 12:00 gmt

Laviski

Fledgling Freddie
keeping it simple

if ya wanna play classic ruleset daoc play on US servers. Much better and way more populated. And yes ppl the cluster peaks at 3000 at the weekend especially since gareth has joined the cluster. Glastonbury imo is dead and too many frenchies.

if wanna play on normal ruleset stay on excal/pyrd. there isn't much of a population difference.

btw I play on US classic. have chars on excal + pyd + glaston +camlann accounts inactive. As I beleive a lot of people posting don't have US accounts. You can only judge when you have seen the action and on glaston there isn't. shame.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Look the simple reason why people will not leave Euro servers to go play with the yanks is quite simple really... I play Euro servers and people hang around hoping to catch a glimpse of me doing some cool stuff (though its hard to solo your way through Frontiers when you have 50+ supporters running behind you cheering my name :( )

simple really :)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Laviski said:
keeping it simple

if ya wanna play classic ruleset daoc play on US servers. Much better and way more populated. And yes ppl the cluster peaks at 3000 at the weekend especially since gareth has joined the cluster. Glastonbury imo is dead and too many frenchies.

if wanna play on normal ruleset stay on excal/pyrd. there isn't much of a population difference.

btw I play on US classic. have chars on excal + pyd + glaston +camlann accounts inactive. As I beleive a lot of people posting don't have US accounts. You can only judge when you have seen the action and on glaston there isn't. shame.

Iv'e restarted reciently on US Classic cluster and pretty much agree with this.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Laviski said:
keeping it simple

He spoke about Excal/Pryd or i read it wrong? In fact he got answers only from Eu Cluster ppl -.-

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
He spoke about Excal/Pryd or i read it wrong? In fact he got answers only from Eu Cluster ppl -.-

Laviski just saying that if you like ToA there is not alot of point in heading to the US to play since there with the time delay pop wise the cluster numbers will be lower. But on the other hand if you want to play classic rule set your best off heading to the US servers were the pop wil be higher and 99% speak the same language.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Garok said:
Laviski just saying that if you like ToA there is not alot of point in heading to the US to play since there with the time delay pop wise the cluster numbers will be lower. But on the other hand if you want to play classic rule set your best off heading to the US servers were the pop wil be higher and 99% speak the same language.

Understood him perfectly, i was referring ofc to the thread starter. Cause he maybe missed y ppl reacted this way.

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Subscriptions_11327_image001.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom