Amazing Daoc video..

Mey

Part of the furniture
O and its a GOA Video, who said they don't advertise?

P

Pretarded

yeah, its actually pretty nice trailer.
old stuff tho ;d

Mey

Part of the furniture
old, first i seen of it.. o.0

Nevermind saw the added date.. still good :p

Gamah

Banned
Yeah it was the trailer they made from catacombs..if they had shown that prime time on terristrial TV there would be like 6 English servers open.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Gamah said:
Yeah it was the trailer they made from catacombs..if they had shown that prime time on terristrial TV there would be like 6 English servers open.

Thats what i was thinking.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
and the funny thing is that all of those vids that GOA make ... mids allways are the ADDERS :p j/k

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
really nice video, shame cause if I haven't seen it till now, Im sure a lot of other's wont have either.

Lagas

Fledgling Freddie
fun thing is.. they make an absolutely brilliant movie like that, but has anyone ever seen it anywhere? :(

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I have no idea why they never advertised...ridiculous imo.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Gamah said:
Horrified as no doubt we both are to find ourselves agreeing on something...I agree. It's an excellent video, really good to watch the RvR in it and putting that on TV or even in a cinema or two here would have worked wonders for the UK playerbase.

They even manage to make the awful new Frenzy model for the Zerk look vaguely decent, and not what it usually looks like - gayer than a Liberace lookalike at an Elton John gig.

And I for one believe it's still not too late for GOA to at last make some bloody effort and promote this game properly.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
What it doesnt show is all the mob stealing/bans for doing so

Or the qq when the scout adds in the rvr ;p

And who uses atens shield on a warrior anyway ;D

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed, still good stuff in this game, maybe if goa and mythic came together, worked out some way to help people level alot, and gain rvr easier, maybe new server type that would attract old players too, where xping would be easy.. And try to get some more game advisors on a server like that, basically try help out newcomers as much as possible, maybe make new acc's free with 1 month free sub..

But yes, if goa and mythic did the effort, id do an effort trying to spread the message as much as possible :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Its a damn nice video yet, but an advert nearly 5 minutes long would cost a shitload to promote on tv? :p

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
There used to be several videos linked off the main GOA site - i'll ask on E&E forums as to what happened to the links....remember seeing this one when it 1st came out...

Mey

Part of the furniture
Takhasis, can you also post that the link from the Links page (on the main website) for humberton post no longer goes to where its intended.

Humberton Post
Very nicely written gazette from Prydwen players (Albion realm related).
http://www.humbertonpost.com/

- is now aparantly, "Welcome to humbertonpost.com
For resources and information on Book club and Post"

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
WOW, hadnt seen that before, and Im a player! Which means no one else has seen it....all that effort for sweet FA.

Anyone on FH work for an advertising co, seems they seriously have work for one.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Vladamir said:
Its a damn nice video yet, but an advert nearly 5 minutes long would cost a shitload to promote on tv? :p

They could try spread it to diffrent game magazines and get it added to CD, and try get a artical about the game etc to tho :)

What i would try to do also, is to try get some ppl to write stuff on diffrent forums for all the countrys or international forums. And try to do commercial and post links to video, and just bump threads with new info and stuff like that.

14days is pretty little time to get free imo to. 1month would be pretty nice, some are slow levlers and u want them atleast to get lvl 24 and some experince in rvr.

Daoc is a great game and very easy to get addicted to :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
That video was made sometime before the DR release for the SMAU trade show in Italy. It was announced in the News as well. AFAIK, it has been placed on cover disks for several gaming magazines since then as part of the DR marketing effort.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
WOW, hadnt seen that before, and Im a player! Which means no one else has seen it....all that effort for sweet FA.
Err, sorry but that's just not true.

I've had that video on my comp for ages (since from when it was released) - it's been on the official site if nothing else; it has been up to you to find it though. :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Seen that several times, still makes me want to reactivate. =< Too bad I know how RvR actually is.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Seen that several times, still makes me want to reactivate. =< Too bad I know how RvR actually is.

Yeah, same here, I saw this movie countless times, it's simple amazing, but yeah, RvR is just ...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
imo someone that have a foot into some of the major gaming communities should post that vid there. i dont think its to old to be usable.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Really cool trailer, hadn't seen it before... i'm clueless to why there wasn't/hasn't been good advertising :|

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
Actually new accounts are free for 1 month

No they arent always. If you buy DAOC in a store for X amount you get 1 month free but if you get the free download you get 14 days free before you have to start paying. What would be best would be if both the initial download and the first month were free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom