Am I ?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
right here's the deal,

I've always held myself to be a very tolerrent and un-jugdemental person,
yet reasently one guy has really tested my tolerrence, and well let me explain.

I have a part time job at a "Kiosk" at the hospital here in Århus. and ofc alot of our costumers are patients with all kinds of deseases, but one guy in particular has me struggeling with my morals, and here's why.

He is a diabetic, and has just had some of his toe's amputated "dono why that is, but it has something to do with the illness" now every singel day the past 14 days he has come in and bought 15 x 0.5L of cola-light and a bar of dark chokolate, "mørk guld bar" wich he stuffs in in one go, and he drinks one bottle in one go right after the chokolate.

So here's the odd part, Cola light dosent contain any sugar, and dark chokolate altho it dose contain some, it's really not alot. so why the hell does it bother me ?

Litmus

Resident Freddy
The guy buys 15 bottles of coke and drinks them all one after the other??

i dont really understand why that would bother you either, not like it has any effect on you what he decides to do to his body.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Be a good little capitalist and have no concern with what he does to his body and insted think of how much money "your" shop makes. ;->

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Thats just it tho, I cant for the love of me figure out what it is with this guy that anoys me.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
not like it has any effect on you what he decides to do to his body.

this isnt exactly true, at least not with the danish system. it could actually effect me, since his reclessness with his body theoreticly ties up resourses, that could be used elswhere, but thats true to so many other aspects "smokers, overwieghts you name it ......

so I know that thats not the issue here for me in this case.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
ofc it annoys you, tell him to just buy 4 2L or something, way less anoying to handle

Olgaline

FH is my second home
ofc it annoys you, tell him to just buy 4 2L or something, way less anoying to handle

heh, we only sell 0.5L bottles so i guess we'r the anoying ones on that account ;)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
another possibility is that you are a gay in denial and have the hots for him

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
If some toe less guy in a nightie came and guzzled coke and ate whole bars of chocolate in front of me everyday I would be pissed off.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Honestly it's not about what he buys, or what he does with them.

I doubt you're a cola-drinker-hater or you'd have real problems.

More likely, and this is probably why, you just don't like the person.

Smell, the thought of him being a few toes short, way he talks, etc. You just don't like him, it usually has nothing to do with little personality/behavior traits like that.

Also if you've ever been a diabetic in a hospital...anyone? Noone? Go figure...the food and things they give you are absolutely horrific. Hospital food to the f*cking third. So it's not THAT disgusting, he probably doesn't act like that ta home, but when you're stressed with all the sh*t that goes down(or up and sideways) and having to take atleast 5 drawn bloodsamples out you every day...you'd be wanting a lil moment of bliss too :eek:

Olgaline

FH is my second home

yes that's also more or less my conclusion, not because of the damned toe's tho :p or well lack there off..

think it's his attitude towards others, himself, and his illness that clashes with my personality so to speak... I just dont agree with him.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
yes that's also more or less my conclusion, not because of the damned toe's tho :p or well lack there off..

think it's his attitude towards others, himself, and his illness that clashes with my personality so to speak... I just dont agree with him.

Just accept it and let it go. When you accept you don't like someone, not hating them becomes easier and soon enough, it's just background noise.

People try too hard to please others, it's a basic thing, if not in a "must" situation, we luckily can choose our company, and even then, we can tune them out.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Honestly it's not about what he buys, or what he does with them.

I doubt you're a cola-drinker-hater or you'd have real problems.

Smell, the thought of him being a few toes short, way he talks, etc. You just don't like him, it usually has nothing to do with little personality/behavior traits like that.

Also if you've ever been a diabetic in a hospital...anyone? Noone? Go figure...the food and things they give you are absolutely horrific. Hospital food to the f*cking third. So it's not THAT disgusting, he probably doesn't act like that ta home, but when you're stressed with all the sh*t that goes down(or up and sideways) and having to take atleast 5 drawn bloodsamples out you every day...you'd be wanting a lil moment of bliss too :eek:

I know what your saying Seelio,

Hospital food is fucking awful, now add to that the fact you cant really eat the sugary treats they may have on offer (you technically can, but no one should eat chocolate anyway's).

If i goto a pub/bar/shop I am extremely limited to what I can have,

Pepsi Max
Diet Pepsi
Diet Coke
Coke Light
Coke Zero
now they are all technically the same thing. In shops you can buy the Zero range which is Lilt, Fanta, Sprite which makes a nice change.

Pubs only only diet coke, we technically cant drink lemonade as it's sugary, also iirc there are a couple of beers with no sugar, Pilsner is one and thats horrid. So if you go an get plastered on normal beers etc you spend the whole night pissing due to your body having to get rid of the sugar :(

I do think it's weird he buys so many, but figure he has them throughout the day so maybe it's not so weird?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The other thing is "if you knew you had a disease which meant you could suffer amputations, kidney failure, going blind through poor control of your diabetes, then through your own poor control one of those happens, you'd hardly be Mr Happy"...

Having good control is extremeley difficult without monitoring your blood all the time, or eating in such a repetative way your insulin intake will always be enough/not too much.

Technically you're supposed to do a blood test before breakfast, mid morning, after lunch, afternoon, before dinner and before bed....but as diabetics have slower healing/weaker immune systems we dont exactly heal like Wolverine, so being a human pin cushion is no fun.

Also going out for the day and having to piss about doing blood tests every 5 mins is not exactly convenient.

Yes i may be going a little OTT, but I didn't want some smart ass to say "oh just have good control then" as it's not like an on/off switch.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Just accept it and let it go. When you accept you don't like someone, not hating them becomes easier and soon enough, it's just background noise.

People try too hard to please others, it's a basic thing, if not in a "must" situation, we luckily can choose our company, and even then, we can tune them out.

Doesnt really apply in general to me tbh, I have no problem disliking people, or even letting them know that i do,
however I think this case is abit differrent and not a case one usually would come in contact with,

A 20 something diabetic who's just had all his damned toes removed and apperrently is abit autistic as well, who has some reeeally odd habbits and is rude to others "everyone basicly"

guess i feel kinda guilty for disliking him if you follow my drift ?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
If he's 20 then his control must be super bad, also being autistic means he's been hit with the shit stick a few hundred times.

I'd feel sorry for the guy, but if he was a rude arsehole i'd have second thoughts.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I actually meant the 15 inch needle bloodtests you have to take almost hour to hour in hospital..."'cause we don't believe in tiny amounts of blood"...vampires! Blargh!

I barely ever take my bloodsugar, but then again, been like this whole life so i basically know what my bloodsugar is :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah me too. I can tell if im high or low, mainly due to counting what i'm eating, and physical signs. You cant be 100%, but it's like a spidey sense lol

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot,I am a Bahumat robot...........Malfunction .. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom