[ARCHMAGE] AM and 1.05

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Archmage

• Prismatic shield: This ability will no longer fail if your defensive target is not a group member.

• Transfer Force: The damage of this ability has been increased.

• Hurried Restore: This tactic will now stun the caster when the resurrection spell is cast, instead of when it is accepted.

• Healing Energy: Contribution from stats has been reduced to bring the ability in line with our design goals.

• Drain Magic: This ability will now increase in potency with High Magic.

• Balanced Mending: The HoT portion of Healing Energy will now benefit from this tactic.

• Radiant Lance: This ability will now reliably consume high magic.

• Law of Conductivity: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been slightly increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

• Radiant Gaze: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

• Transfer Force: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

• Dissipating Energies: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased slightly to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

• Scatter the Winds: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased slightly to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

• Lambent Aura: The duration of this ability has been increased to 24 seconds, and the overall amount healed over this duration remains the same.

So how do AMs feel about this upcoming patch? To me it can be summed up with 3 lines
  • Healing nerf
  • DPS increase for high int (who has high int anyway?)
  • General bug fixes

I was hoping to see some improvements to our (currently useless) high magic system - this patch has left me quite disappointed but not surprised really.

My subscription auto-renew is off, this patch doesnt contain anything to make me want to change that :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Afraid i generally agree with you, the class is somehow broken and this is a real slap in the face tbh.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
big heal got changed to 2.5 sec and 50% less interupt chance

it should be 2s and 100% interupt

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
big heal got changed to 2.5 sec and 50% less interupt chance

Really? Where does it say that? Is it the same for shamans then? That's an awsome heal buff if that's true ^^

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
2.5s is still quite a long time for a spammable heal though :|

Looks like the tactic to improve healing energy might be needed

P.S Doesnt this actually make our High magic mechanic even more useless? Seeing as the only good thing about it was the occasional fast-cast big heal :(

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Shaving half a second off the big heal and reducing it's interrupt rate doesn't make up for the nerf to the instant HoT, nor to the reduction in contribution of stats to Healing Energy.

Personally I use Balanced Mending already, seeing that it will now apply to the HoT portion is great, but having the stat contrib reduced sucks. I get the feeling that in total it basically will heal for the same amount, however spreading it over a longer duration (like with Lambent Aura).

I'd rather they just didn't touch any of our heals and fixed at least Wild Healing, if not also Restorative Burst (either it completely, or the tooltip to show its correct functioning state).

I want to be able to heal people properly (when spec'd for it ofc), and not just delay the inevitable by 3 or 4 seconds.

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
hopefully these changes wont go trough. They nerfed all the healers, wich is the opposite of what this game needs :) .... at least at high levels.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
That change of the single heal won't give us back anything, can't compare the amount of healing wasted with the 15s-24s stretch with a situational single heal.
Altho it's a signal that they are getting back in their minds hopefully.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
The single heal change is useless. The healing that counts is the healing when your group is under pressure, and you try getting off a 2.5 sec cast with set backs - it'll land too late more often than not.

If these changes were intended as a move from HoTs to castable heals, that would be one thing. But it's not that; it's clearly intended as a reduction in healing.

I think others have said it too, but for me the most worrying aspect of the 1.0.5 is the indication that Mythic are not driving changes from player input. They have their own "we know best" agenda. That's gonna end in tears.

1.0.5 should have reduced DPS impact on the game and fixed a couple of game breakers like Chaotic Rift. Other than that bug fixes were all people were really asking for in terms of things that could be addressed in a patch like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom