Always *something* that gets in the way of getting my car

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
I'd agree with that, but if you see how many young drivers act when they've passed their test (everything they learnt goes out the window with the contents of the ash tray), then it must be at least as bad for motorcycle riders?

Clearly every new driver smokes vast amounts and is careless/reckless.
And i assume you are the best driver on the road?

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
RedVenom said:
Road sense, road schmence.

Pedestrians are just as much of a threat to me as car drivers, if not more. Anyone who passes their full motorbike category A test gets some respect from me, and if they ride like a dick then ... well thats thier choice. The majority of motorcycle accidents aren't caused by other veichals, but by rider error. As long as they don't error whilst I'm following them, thats fine.

:rolleyes: Road Sense includes pedestrians.

Being able to drive a car does not mean you can ride a bike. Awareness can only be experienced, not learnt from a book.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Tom said:
I think Throddy was being responsible, and refusing to sell a motorbike to somebody who has only recently learnt to drive.

You can get a bike before you can learn to drive, although they sound like hairdryers...

RedVenom

Banned
Yes, road sense DOES include pedestrians. Unfortunately they lack sense more than any one single other group on the roads. People seem to assume that they're invincible and they're allowed to treat the roads like an extension of the pavement. Because no one is going to hit them, right?

Wrong. If I was able to run down half the morons who clog my journey to and from work, I would. Its only MY self-preservation, being on a motorbike, that stops me. It doesn't however seem to stop people from trying their hardest.

DWM said:
Clearly every new driver smokes vast amounts and is careless/reckless.
And i assume you are the best driver on the road?

Every new driver I've met has been. Myself included. Fortunately now I certainly am the best driver on the road. Everyone else either gets in my way, or is driving like a manic by overtaking me.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
RedVenom said:
Every new driver I've met has been. Myself included. Fortunately now I certainly am the best driver on the road. Everyone else either gets in my way, or is driving like a manic by overtaking me.

:clap: LOL RV - I often thought some of your posts were crap - but this one certainly cheered me up no end.

Thanks for taking the time to cheer us all up

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Yes every new driver lacks road sense, as that isn't natural and needs to be gained with experience.

Tom mentioned young drivers in his posts. Why should a young driver have any less road sense then an older person who has just learnt to drive?

mank!

Part of the furniture
Deadmanwalking said:
Tom mentioned young drivers in his posts. Why should a young driver have any less road sense then an older person who has just learnt to drive?

I think he was just generalising, as new drivers are generally young.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
mank said:
I think he was just generalising, as new drivers are generally young.

Not the best way to be doing that really. When half the posts are related to new drivers and not young drivers.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Deadmanwalking said:

he could have meant young in the way of still being new to driving. Anyway its argueing about words instead of what he meant, he meant people new(young?) to driving and not people who are young and drive.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
he could have meant young in the way of still being new to driving. Anyway its argueing about words instead of what he meant, he meant people new(young?) to driving and not people who are young and drive.

I am willing to bet he didn't mean that at all.

He seems to take great pride in the fact he is older then other people. Added to the fact the ashtray comment.

Will

/bin/su
I can officially say that all drivers are idiots. This attitude is all that keeps me alive during my commute each day, so I'm sticking with it.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Will said:
I can officially say that all drivers are idiots. This attitude is all that keeps me alive during my commute each day, so I'm sticking with it.

We're idiots when you're freezing cold and getting soaking wet on a bike or sat on a dodgy old ricketty bus in traffic or waiting at a crappy old bus stop? ;)

Will

/bin/su
If I'm an idiot for cycling in the rain, why have I got such a big grin on my face? ;)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Will said:
If I'm an idiot for cycling in the rain, why have I got such a big grin on my face? ;)

You have a mental illness?

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Will said:

cos you tied a piece of string round your knob and connected it to your pedal?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
OK the truth will out!

The only reason I wouldn't want to sell SG a motorbike is because I would have to have something to do with him, and frankly thats one thing I could well do without ;)

If you come into our shop with £5000 I will sell you anything you want. "All I want to see is your money". Its not my perogative to ask to see you're licence, or insurance, or to try to guage whether you are fit to handle such a machine.

Sorry to spoil any misconceptions :(

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
throdgrain said:
/me awaits a slagging from the moral high grounders :)

I think they're too busy in that lion thread m8. You may have got away with it.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Cdr said:
I think they're too busy in that lion thread m8. You may have got away with it.

'Fraid not.

Throddy you capitalism scum, you lack any morals! How can you sleep at night knowing you may have sold a motorbike to a criminal to use as a getaway vehicle after he's robbed someone's house, raped someone's wife and shot their dog and then run someone over whilst escaping?! I pity you!

(joke)

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
mank said:
'and shot their dog

Hunting is wrong. Both morally and legally in this case. I love dogs and found that above statment highly offensive and unneeded.

What if that dog was a fly? Would you have mentioned it then? Huh?

mank!

Part of the furniture
Yes, I'm also very partial to hunting Brighton fans.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
mank said:
Yes, I'm also very partial to hunting Brighton fans.

OMGS!!!111 a def threat!1111 help Meh!1one

Will said:
Don't you dare drag that thread over here, DMW.:eek:

Are you disrespecting that dog now? By implieing i am dragging it's memory around?

Long live animals!

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Deadmanwalking said:
OMGS!!!111 a def threat!1111 help Meh!1one

Are you disrespecting that dog now? By implieing i am dragging it's memory around?

Long live ALL(including hippos, and ants and marmots, and snakes and turtles and dinosaurs, and crocodiles and chickens and elephants and lions and tigers and chickadees and wolves and bed bugs and rats and mice) animals!

Edited for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom