Always *something* that gets in the way of getting my car

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm with Will on the cycle thing. I can remember many a time where it was utterly pissing it down for the 30min cycle home from college, and I was freezing cold, dirty, tired, and LOVING IT.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
throdgrain said:
The only reason I wouldn't want to sell SG a motorbike is because I would have to have something to do with him, and frankly thats one thing I could well do without ;)

If you come into our shop with £5000 I will sell you anything you want. "All I want to see is your money". Its not my perogative to ask to see you're licence, or insurance, or to try to guage whether you are fit to handle such a machine.

Sorry to spoil any misconceptions :(

No moral high ground Throddy, but surely you would at least try to fit the bike to the person wouldn't you? If someone came in and asked to buy a bike you wouldn't ask how much they could afford and pick the bike to fit the budget?

RB

throdgrain

FH is my second home
RB -

Selling is about giving the customer what he (thinks) he wants. Sometimes you cant tell em, even if they are wrong.
Its rarely about me telling them what they want. Most people read all the magazines etc, and may have planned on buying an xyz for months or years. Others just want a bike of a certain size or budget. My point was , if you've just passed your test, and want to buy a GSXR1000 , and have £5995 or whatever for my 02 reg model, then hey who am I to say different. Chances are you will not be a kid anyway, as simply no-one can afford the insurance on such bikes anyway, until they are at least 25.
Bloke the other week came in said he wanted a sports tourer to take him and his (quite large) wife to germany and back. I showed him a Honda Blackbird, a Hayabusa etc. He said No. I want a R1. But thats not comfortable i said, and look at the pillion seat, its the size of a postage stamp. No, no, it will be ok.
What do I do? Say no take your £4595 somewhere else ? Of course not.
Two weeks later I get a call from a car dealer, he's traded it in for a Shogun or something. We buy the bike back for trade money, and start the cycle over again. I imagine the punter lost £1000-£1500 in two weeks.
Shoulda listen to uncle throddy now shouldnt he ? :)

RedVenom

Banned
Thats superb. Some people are such jerks.

However I am dissapointed that you aren't crusading for the greater good.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
throdgrain said:
RB -

What do I do? Say no take your £4595 somewhere else ? Of course not.

Hi Throddy,

Thanks for the answer.

To be honest thats pretty much what I thought you'd say, and you're right someone like that take the money. It was just the way I read your original post it sounded a bit different.

As for selling the high powered bikes to people who may or may not handle it, is there any situation where you'd be tempted to talk them out of it? I agree that you have absolutely no duty to do so, but just wondered.

RB

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I really cant imagine a situation where I would RB . But it almost never happens. These bikes are dear to buy, and bizzarely dear to insure. Most of the customers I get aren't nieve little 18 year olds, they're grown men and women, and I really believe its up to them. I can think of on situation where a bloke bought a bike when he was off his head, and nearly fell of it in the road outside, but you didnt fuck with this bloke m8 I promise you, if he said he wanted a bike, and he had cash money, he got it. I found out later he was a heavyweight bad lad, and I was right in my actions.
Tell you the truth, he was so heavyweight I wont even recount any more of the story now, 8 years later, in a gaming forum on the internet ! :)

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
throdgrain said:

....or not married a fat bitch. How did they get the bike out of her arse crack anyway?

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
~Yuckfou~ said:
....or not married a fat bitch. How did they get the bike out of her arse crack anyway?

I think thats where he parked it tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom