Alternate settings for dual logging

Lick

Loyal Freddie
I remember seeing a post a while ago, don't know if it was here, about being able to load dual log accounts but have different settings , ie resolution, clip pane etc, and I cant find any links to it. I've just managed to find and install a dual core 939 socket and i'll be putting my main PC back into SLI mode , so i thought I'd try those settings out. Anyone know where i can find them?

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I think you have to install the game in two different places then, and run each client from separate installs. That shouldn't be a problem though as if you have a high end pc, that also means you got a high end disk that got plenty of space for it. Myself, I used to have three different installs for a long time, one si, and two toa installs. One of the toa ones were my main window of course, and the other was for buffbot so ran in very low res and everything turned off.

Lick

Loyal Freddie
yeah , that is one possibility - the post I found said there was a way of doing it from one install. It said you had to edit a file or two , i can't remember if it created a second exe you could use or if it tied the username, at the login, to an alternate settings to load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom