[RANT] Altdorf

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
umm nice, guess this event will start the first whines already

I'm not satisfied with this at all, should have been somesort of time lock for a certain period, so that at least Order can get some 40s AS WELL

nuff said

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
it reset after the Destros got owned in the Altdorf Scenario repeatedly ;)

either that or it got reset due to the Fortress' being taken by a bug.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
And even if destruction get all the scenarios. Apparentely Order gets kicked out of Altdorf and denied access so Destruction can go on more PvE raids in the city. Seems kinda silly. Vice versa also of course.

"WAR" :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well Altdorf was back in Order hands when i logged on.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Stealth reset cause of the postern door bug IMO :drink:

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Stealth reset cause of the postern door bug IMO :drink:

probably, though, would the one gate have been much of a slow down?

Took a look at the Fortress before Altdorf yesterday, rather few guards, and even less champion guards. The OF relic keeps were better defended than those.

But let's say the capital gets taken by legit means, how do you get it back?
Do all zones get locked down like this time, or was that some kind of 'freezing the situation' to take a look what had really happened by the GMs/Devs?
Long long ago it was said/planned/though about that retaking your own capital would either be done by players, or by ever increasing armies of NPCs to assault the captured capital.
So how does/should it work?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Once the fortresses are taken, there's the "contested" version of altdorf to attack - this is a big public quest order versus destruction (over a number of instances)

If destruction win enough of these they'll claim the zone and altdorf will go into "captured" mode - afaik order players still in the city can fight on and get in the way but can't get back in once they die. It then becomes a PvE raiding thing for destruction.

After a day or two the whole thing resets back to the neutral zones. There's no 'pushing the enemy back out' implemented afaik. Depending on how much damage was done to the city the city loses between 1 and 4 ranks.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
well i was in middle of altdorf when destruction take the city and i got kicked out from city on that "secure" camp near altdorf

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
well i was in middle of altdorf when destruction take the city and i got kicked out from city on that "secure" camp near altdorf

That's when it goes from peaceful->contested. I boots you out then rather than leaving you in there.

You have to run back in and get into a city defence instance.

Saw some posts about how destruction were slaughtering through the instances PQs but I think it scales the amount of VP you get to the amount of defenders - i.e. winning a 48-1 instance doesn't net much, winning a 48-48 nets loads.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
the city siege system still needs alot of work tbh, I didn't like it that much

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
is altdorf buged again ?
There is indeed a problem with Altdorf on Karak Eight Peaks. The city should have fallen back into Order control and the battlefronts should have normalized on Sunday. This didn't happen, however. While our QA team is investigating this, a report has been compiled and sent to Mythic for further analysis. We're hoping to be able to solve this situation as soon as possible.

-Magnus

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
so will they roll back the status for altdorf then?

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
well, it's just been answered ingame! :) cheers for the rollback

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom